+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ulduar DK Tanking Weapon

Ulduar DK Tanking Weapon

So, im in kind of a dilemma on which weapon I should be looking after. Right now im using Inevitable Defeat of course. I was looking through the gear lists and I hate to say, but Rune Edge doesn't seem like a bad choice. All the agility gives me armor, dodge and even a little crit. Plus the armor pen isnt terrible for threat.

Im using this add-on called Tank Points, i dont know if you guys ever heard of it, but its telling me I get a hell of a lot more avoidance with Rune Edge, than most of the other weapons in ulduar even though they may have some more stam. So Im not sure what to do, what do you guys think?

for ulduar stam > avoidance (to the best of my knowledge)
    Also, I doubt you'd pull that away from any DPS warrior/DK/ret pally

Worldcarver is the Ulduar tanking weapon. I have also been looking at the arena weapons, the Furious mace/sword/axe gives a whopping 257 stamina... well if you're a JC.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

so its worth loosing the inevitable defeat's agi for worlds carvers like 17 more stam? They had worldcarver listed at 180 stam, it was a beast for tanking but they nerfed it as a tanking weapon before ulduar was released.

I'd say it's worth it. Not only will Worldcarver provide more stam, but also more threat - it has more expertise and weapon DPS than ID. (More, if you're an Orc DK)

Perhaps keep ID for an avoidance set - even put Sword Shattering on it for more avoidance. You'll make up the loss of agi elsewhere with Ulduar gear.

+ Reply to Thread