+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvP Halp!

Warrior PvP Halp!

Hey all. Been a very long time since I have done PvP and am looking to get back into it. I got into a few BGs last night and got owned pretty bad. My pvp gear sucks, but I have to start somewhere. What I was hoping for is critique on my pvp spec, any tips that could help me, and macros that are useful. Thanks guys!.

I know this has a link to my armory, but with the nature of what I'm looking for I thought it would be better here. Sorry if I'm wrong!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks!

I know this is a PvP centric topic so i won't fault you for posting here, but generally talents and armory links lead to the armory forum.

Take a moment to check out our posting guidelines in my signature or located at the top of every forum.

Unless you have a healer with you 100% of the time, don't expect to get much done, especially with no resilience. The pvp game is very bursty right now and the only way to survive it is lots of stam lots of resil and good healer.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I have a friend who will be my pvp buddy as a resto druid Sorry for posting in the wrong spot!

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is my spec but I'm by far no warrior PVP pro. It's a slightly modified version of a spec I found on ArenaJunkies.

As for gear be sure to do 10 arena games even if it's with 1 or 2 friends alts in greens. You will probably get no rating but you get arena points as if your rating was 1500.

That means every week you get:

2v2: 261 Points
    3v3: 303 Points
    5v5: 344 Points

Which is of huge help when gearing up. For one you can turn 100 Arena Points in 2000 honor (don't recommend it though) but it will help you get gear significantly faster as you need much less honor to purchase stuff.

Another tip would be, but I'm not sure if it works on other players (you can fool me with it though)) buy shoulders first or better said buy stuff that makes you look like you are in pvp gear. I generally go for the lesser geared or PvE geared person just because they're an easy kill, no resilience and so on. I play a rogue and if I see a warrior that looks like he has pvp gear I tend to avoid them because they'll give me a hard time, a pve geared person is much easier to burst down, does not have stun decreasing talents etc.

That is all I can come up with for now, good luck pvping

Thanks! That is a good tip with the looking tougher than you are

Unfortunately gearing up for pvp is harder than pve IMO. However the crafted pvp set will help you survive thegrind better and Saronite is damn near free at this point so it won't cost you much. Get yourself a welfare weapon from Naxx and you should be in good shape.

Macros: Arena junkies has a ton of good macros, just check that out.

Spec: the spec I'm using has been pretty solid, I would recommend getting 3/3 Blood Craze.

Check my warriors main spec. You really need more (at least 57) points in arms to get the PvP talents. The fastest way to get gear is to hit the BGs and grind honor. Get you starter set and whatever prices you can spare from badges and stay in the BGs all day. You can buy a lot of decent gear right now without a huge raiting requirement on it so it's up to you to put in the time.

Always try and do wintergrasp and it's dailies. On weekends stick to the holiday BG unless you have a large pile of marks waiting to be turned in if you do another one. As a warrior find a healer buddy and keep him alive as long as you can. I'll add more when I don't have to type from my cellphone.

Thanks for all the responses. I got my savage saronite set and a 2h sword from naxx off the four horseman I forgot what its called. I started in arena and BGs and am just getting decimated. It is a lot of fun though. I have been looking for PvP warrior videos that are recent, but not having much luck. Anyone know a good place for this?

Get yourself a pocket healer - either on your server to queue up with you or find the best geared healer in your group and follow them around

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock View Post
    Get yourself a pocket healer - either on your server to queue up with you or find the best geared healer in your group and follow them around
    Got a resto druid leveling that will be pvping with me. Until then Ill follow the healers around

Yeah, until you get the health and the damage stats to go off on your own, stick to the pack. Even with the gear I have, I still generally try and stick to at least a small group. But it is fun when you get a group off guard and take out 3 players with a quick Charge into Piercing Howl followed by a blade storm and fearing the group right after. From there you really are just picking them off.

Oh also I agree with looking for PvE geared players in the BGs they go down a lot faster than PvP geared players.

+ Reply to Thread