+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WoWHead's Thoughts on Val'anyr…

WoWHead's Thoughts on Val'anyr…

Hey everyone,

I was busy thinking up my newest, greatest, most amazing character ever & I thought about a retribution paladin that uses a one-hander & shield for survivability. I worked out a theoretical build & headed over to WoWHead to see what gear they'd suggest.

Turns out Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings - Item - World of Warcraft is a one-handed retribution paladin weapon!

Sure, it tops the list for holy paladin & comes in at 5th best protection paladin weapon. I'd love to actually see this in the hands of a retribution paladin with some kind of pvp enchant. I bet it'd piss off a lot of people.

Just something funny I saw. Enjoy.
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

may I ask why? Why not go for a dps main hand (noth weapon, the one in ulduar, silent crusade) and say, wall of terror? arent ret abilities set up for a big weapon damage attack, whereas the 298 max damage on val'anyr would be puny, to say the least.

Psh, I don't know what they were thinking. They have a point scale that's weighted differently for every class similar to how TankPoints works. Their little math formula puts Val'anyr at the top for the retadin.
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

I imagine if any guild gave this to a Retadin over a healer would have many an angry healer /gquits.

+ Reply to Thread