+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms - Weapon Question

Arms - Weapon Question

I'm pretty new to Arms, though I guess that can be said to most Arms Warriors. I'm currently using The Jawbone, but I picked up Relentless Edge off Ignis-10 last night.

This looked like a solid upgrade at first, what with the extra 10 weapon DPS and crit, which I know is good for Arms, but... the more I look at the weapon, the more I think that dropping 0.4 weapon speed might really hurt. Before I drop 1000g on Berserking to see how the weapon performs, are there any expert theorycrafters out there that can offer some insight?

weapon speed shouldn't really be considered, your overall dps number is the more important factor, the overall stat increases will be better too. the problem that you'll have to weigh is the mace spec -> axe spec change. you're gonna lose a big chunk (15%) arP making that change. with ArP scaling with itself as fast as it currently does, the bigger question to ask yourself is how much ArP do you have right now, if it's substantial then that makes the mace spec better, if it's a small portion of your stats, then make the change.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I've been playing with ArPen, and I'm not sure I'm sold on it. It's intriguing, to say the least. I swapped my +27 STR gems for +27 ArPen, and my average hit feels as though it went up. In fact, my average melee swing went up by 90 or so compared to a similar parse from last week. But the weapon itself is higher DPS... there might be nothing for it but to spring for Berserking and see what the numbers look like.

Thank you for the input.

+ Reply to Thread