+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

My guild downed the 10 man version of this boss last night. We ran without a priest or paladin for buffs due to rl commitments elsewhere. (so no external cooldowns available and considerably less health)

However, I was able to tank this as a Warrior without kiting and without the use of external cooldowns by equipping a heavy avoidance suit and rotating Shield Wall and Last stand as has been suggested. If things were getting heavy I had the option of popping additional dodge and armour trinkets as well.

Fairly simple in the end to be perfectly honest, when we first reached this fight we tried the kiting method and to be fair it caused more problems than it solved.

Also worth mentioning that I was allowed to focus completely on threat rather than interupts as we had our DK OT, a DPS DK and a Rogue accomodating that task to great effect.

Another point regarding the ranged/melee balance. We actually only ran with one ranged caster, an arcane mage. We had one hunter (although they don't benefit like Mages/Locks etc do) and the rest were melee, our DKs 20% haste aura countering the attack speed debuff helped considerably.

Good luck to those still attempting this boss, eventually everything will just "click" into place.

M.

I can add that a single dps warrior can do all the interupts in the 10 man version. We had our arms warrior stand in zerkerstance doing it all (a side from one I had to help out on while tanking as a prot. warrior). We saved our heroic throws for the kiting "phases" (they are at 60-65 second intervals so you will have it up for the next run). A protection warrior will be the odd 1-2 seconds too slow every other interrupt.

We've always used the kiting tactic to remove as much damage as possible from the encounter but I sense the usage of CD's work fine as well, esp. in the 10-man scene.

Roarc, are you positive that a single Prot warrior cannot solo the interrupts with a 12-second Shield Bash cooldown?

On some attempts, it seemed like I could get them all, then we had one attempt where my cooldown wasn't ready - that or I was slacking on being ready and just ended up being late. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or isolated incident or if it's something that should just be assumed that you need more than one 12-second cooldown to handle all interrupts.

On 25man with 4 paladins and my shieldwall, i was able to eat every surge, Rotation went as such, SW(unglyphed) + LS, Hand/S for the next 4 then back to my SW+LS.

Over 35% of the damage you take from the general is magic, so saving your shield
    block for the surge(with set4 bonus) took some of the edge off. Remeber the surge increases his physical damage, so the bonus is just small thing that can make a big difference.

I saved my my jc trink and shield block(both have 60/s or less CD so its perfect) for just hair into the surge so it was be up for the entire duration unlike the Hand/S and Pain/S

Quote Originally Posted by o View Post
    Over 35% of the damage you take from the general is magic, so saving your shield
    block for the surge(with set4 bonus) took some of the edge off. Remeber the surge increases his physical damage, so the bonus is just small thing that can make a big difference.
    Unless you're doing something very wrong, 100% of the damage the MT takes is physical.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

How did you all manage the vapor spawns, meaning when do you kill them?

We tried having the healers inform someone of when they needed mana, then killed a vapor for them. We then had our (3) healers go in in the order they needed mana.

Our pally healer went oom very fast while our 2 druid healers seemed to keep mana a bit longer.

Any vapor-management suggestions?

We just ended up establishing semi-standard time lapses for killing them. A healer calls out when to kill one, it's roughly 1 per minute because I can hear the healer calling out every time he casts his enrage thing >.<

Quote Originally Posted by irj512 View Post

Any vapor-management suggestions?

We break one every 12% there's 8 of them so it works out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Unless you're doing something very wrong, 100% of the damage the MT takes is physical.

yah when i broke down the wws better,(ask a few questions) there was a few range dps that thought if they jump inside the 15yrds they would be able to avoid the shadowcrash, which explained alot on a few wipes. The wws just showed me as taking shadow damage untill i looked deeper. Since thats the case i can gear for better avoidance and HP instead the sac for the set 4 bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    What were you tanking as Ttocs? For the pull I deathchilled a HB followed by BB-BB-OB-ERW-OB-OB-OB while taking the Rime procs when they popped and FS's when KM was up. ...
    I also have been popping UA at the start of fights, gives a boost to mitigation and the increased strength really helps a Deathchilled Howling blast grab the mob's attention.

Wondering if you've tried this fight using your single target/threat blood spec? Got my first pull at him in our 10 man but haven't tried it in 25 man.

I didn't see anything about this, but for surge of darkness could an anesthetic poison help to dispell?

No it's not usual enrage...
    About poisons tho - wound poison works on healing part if your ranged are retards and Vezax heals himself from mark
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

is it possible to tank him stationary as a warrior? Using Shield Wall and Last Stand+dodge trinkets on alternate Surges.

I've seen DKs and Bears doing that.
    "In Soviet Russia, RAGE needs YOU!"
    "Even with Titan's Grip, it still takes two hands!"

You can do it easily if you have one more cd in the raid. (Pain supression, Hand of Sacrifice etc.)

But with Imp Disciplines, Glyph of Shield Wall and Glyph of Last Stand you can do it alone to.

I was wondering if there was some sort of limit to how many saronite clouds spawned during the fight, because around five minutes in, on our 10 man, the clouds stopped spawning and we ended up wiping due to no mana. So my question basically is whether or not this was simply a bug or if there is some sort of limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endorphins View Post
    I was wondering if there was some sort of limit to how many saronite clouds spawned during the fight, because around five minutes in, on our 10 man, the clouds stopped spawning and we ended up wiping due to no mana. So my question basically is whether or not this was simply a bug or if there is some sort of limit.
    There's only ever 8.

thanks for the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Titangrip View Post
    is it possible to tank him stationary as a warrior? Using Shield Wall and Last Stand+dodge trinkets on alternate Surges.

I've seen DKs and Bears doing that.
    We tank him stationary with a warrior. With adequate talents and glyphs, the warrior can shieldwall every second surge. On the rest of the surges we use some external cooldown: guardian spirit and/or hand of sac. Also, the warrior uses last stand when needed during the surge. TC and demo must be kept up.

We use 2 healers (druid+pala) and 7 DPS, the fight is over in about 5 min, healers use 1 or 2 vapors, some ranged dps needs 1 vapor during this time.
    First kill happened with 3 healers (druid+pala+holy priest) but 3 is unnecessary, the damage output in 10man is pretty low, reactive healing is more than enough if the tank is geared.

Stationary tactic is very easy and failsafe as all healers and melee can stand still all the time, only 4 ranged dps must dodge stuff. You need at least 3 people out of the boss' melee range before he starts putting marks and crashes on people in melee range.

Sick guides keep them coming!
    Last edited by exiled1994; 06-11-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Has anyone done any testing regarding whether or not the mana return from Lay on Hands works? I'm assuming no, I would just like some clarification.

+ Reply to Thread