+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 194

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    352
    I heard it has something to do with his hitbox? has anyone tried babyspice to see if it helps?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    79
    nah i had no problem kiting it with intervene (though everyone prefer me just tanking through with CDs after a few attempts), just wondering whether its meant to be like this or bugged? or some other reasons that 10man is diff from 25man.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    389
    General Vezax seems far easier in 10 man compared to 25 man from my experience given this is me tanking in 10 and 25 man gear of course. As someone noted he also seemed easier to kite in 10 man, not sure if that is a bug or a feature to make him less class dependant (i.e. any tank class that can run can tank him with ease).

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    40
    Tried him for the first time tonight, not very good attempts so far. I was kiting, do not read any strats till after we attempt a boss. I am assume you have to glyph Shield Wall and Last Stand for not kiting as a warrior to be viable? (assume you dont use other class cooldowns to augment). Is just a plain Last Stand enough to cover the damage? Healers just need to pick it up?

    For positioning, You have the healers equally spread out in an arc along with the DPS so you dont share the Life drain as easily?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoal View Post
    Tried him for the first time tonight, not very good attempts so far. I was kiting, do not read any strats till after we attempt a boss. I am assume you have to glyph Shield Wall and Last Stand for not kiting as a warrior to be viable? (assume you dont use other class cooldowns to augment). Is just a plain Last Stand enough to cover the damage? Healers just need to pick it up?

    For positioning, You have the healers equally spread out in an arc along with the DPS so you dont share the Life drain as easily?
    I was using a spec with imp discipline, glyph of shield wall and last stand (2min sw and ls), I use them alternatively, + pally hos / gs /ps with last stand

    so it goes
    1. ls + hos
    2. sw
    3. ls + hos
    4. sw
    5. ls + gs
    6. sw
    and so on....

    You can survive with shield wall only but it gets close sometimes (since its a 45k ish hit, and i have around 53k hp with last stand, if you have spare external cd.. you should use it.

    sw cd comes close to surge cd sometimes its good to have a back up (closest 1 i had was it came off cd when its was casting surge)

    p.s there are posts about this a few pages back

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    275
    For 25 mans:

    I was reading other strats and they said to put the healers in melee range. Has anyone else done this? We were doing out attempts last night but one problem was when we DGd a could close to the boss, the healers would step out of melee to take the cloud and then would be shadow crashed.

    Would it be easier to just separate the ranged into 2 groups and stick healers at range?

    Also, Cider, did you use any other CDs coupled with your glyphed SW? ie, trinket, HoS, SB, etc..
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    we're using our DK to tank him, just blowing cooldowns on surge, with an alternating pair of 2 interrupts (4 of us total, 2 and 2, to make sure someone doesn't miss it). Never realized how amazingly hard/annoying/terrible it is to be Arms and be on an interrupt rotation... TERRIBLE.

    i think best attempt last night was 38%.

    I tank as a DK myself and I just save enough runic power to use my mindfreeze. I havn't done this fight yet but on KT in Naxx I do all the interupts. I find it pretty easy because my interupt isn't on a global CD. The CD is only 10 seconds too. I just use my keybindings(i.e. numbers) to keep my rotation and use my mouse to click the interupt. Try haveing the DK tank do that....or any dk in the raid.
    Last edited by Crossied; 05-18-2009 at 07:53 AM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    289
    You can tank this guy through enrages as a warrior w/ imp disciplines and proper glyphs, but here are some key things:

    -Parry hastes are the #1 tank killer. If you can, cut out a bit of stamina to push them off the table.

    -Stress to your healers to heal from max range and avoid the shadow crash.

    Every wipe I've ever had on this guy have been because of these things.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    For 25 mans:

    I was reading other strats and they said to put the healers in melee range. Has anyone else done this? We were doing out attempts last night but one problem was when we DGd a could close to the boss, the healers would step out of melee to take the cloud and then would be shadow crashed.

    Would it be easier to just separate the ranged into 2 groups and stick healers at range?

    Also, Cider, did you use any other CDs coupled with your glyphed SW? ie, trinket, HoS, SB, etc..
    We use the healers in 2 grps on opposite sides strat. I think the melee range thing would be easier but nobody wanted to try it this week because our previous strat worked so why change it. Imo it would make the fight much easier, there's just some element of resistance to standing close to a scary boss

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    275
    With mark of the faceless and shadow crash, do they look for a ranged target first? (ie, if there is someone at range close enough it will target them before targeting a melee person, but if you stacked everyone in melee it would hit melee) I noticed in the video that not one of those abilities had to be dodged by the melee. Anyone have anything on this? Thanks
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Does anyone know if priest abilities like shadow fiend or dispursion work to regain mana in this fight on 10 or 25m? it wasnt talked about and we are getting very close to this boss in 10m and wouldnt wanna bother useing either if they dont work

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10
    no they dont, only prot paladins Mana from friendly heals and something buggy going on with imp water shield- thats all.
    edit: retri palas 10% base mana from judgement, but only on himself (as instant cast, the part buff does NOT work)

    PS: Still need tips, or shall i say a Guideline from a healers PoV on this fight.
    Last edited by huhcio; 05-19-2009 at 10:50 PM.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    The number of healers that get you through every encounter up to that point are fine for that encounter as well.

    With the exception of Mimiron, which we stated we'll have a 25-man addendum for, any current encounter without a 25-man video is an encounter that has no noticeable differences between 10 and 25-man. Time we spend making redundant, unnecessary videos is time we spend not working on something else that is actually helpful.
    You say there is no notable difference between 10 man and 25 but on 25 we are having serious issues with the Faceless debuff. It seems like we can get away from each other on 10 man, but on 25 if we attempt to stack on the shadow crash it seems like when he casts faceless he gets 3-4% back before we can even get to the 15yd range. Any advice on this?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deekaye View Post
    You say there is no notable difference between 10 man and 25 but on 25 we are having serious issues with the Faceless debuff. It seems like we can get away from each other on 10 man, but on 25 if we attempt to stack on the shadow crash it seems like when he casts faceless he gets 3-4% back before we can even get to the 15yd range. Any advice on this?
    I tank this for my guild. Avoiding the kiting, i pop IBF, + 2 Trinkets first Surge, and then IBF + VB + trinket (1min cd) to mitigate most of the hits. Surge of darkness is on a min cd so IBF is ready every time surge is inc. rinse and repeat the rotations till he's down.

    (in reply to quote above) For shadow crashes, you can receive the buff at the very edges of the shadow crash areas. if you stack in the middle then it will be difficult to get away. Stay to the edges and a strafe right or left should put you out of range quickly.
    Last edited by Nexmilitis; 05-23-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clarification

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    121
    You can also put your healers on melee range. This way they'll never have to deal with the ShadowCrash ( unless they're going to regen mana offcourse )

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    256
    To answer some questions and confirm another for 25-man tanking.

    I'm a warrior, I tank this with 2 min SW/LS our cool down rotation goes like this.

    1st surge - Pain Suppression
    2nd surge- Shield Wall
    3rd surge- Hand of Salvation
    4th surge- Last stand and dodge trinkets
    Then the cycle repeats 1-4 again.

    Our healers are in 2 groups of 3. The group currently healing the MT is in melee range so they do not have to worry about moving. The healers rotate out after every surge. Every couple surges (or if needed earlier) a healer breaks a cloud and they stand in it to regen there mana. The clouds are brought low by a prot paladin (although anyone can do this just his dps is the lowest so thats what he does). If for some reason (this is rare but has happened) none of the clouds are near the boss for the healer group they will ask a DK to death grip one closer to the raid.

    The kite strategy is a great strategy for us the tank and burn was just easier.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    We have been putting the healers in melee range, and since we have a DK tank we don't move Vezax. I pull the saronite into the melee to get the healers the mana... the only problem we seem to be having is just the rediculous amount of health that Vezax is getting back from Faceless. Is it just our ranged failing or is there something that we can do to mitigate this?

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    i have a interesting question has anyone found out if Improved Icy Talons buff actualy work during this fight?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    You can tank this guy through enrages as a warrior w/ imp disciplines and proper glyphs, but here are some key things:

    -Parry hastes are the #1 tank killer. If you can, cut out a bit of stamina to push them off the table.

    -Stress to your healers to heal from max range and avoid the shadow crash.

    Every wipe I've ever had on this guy have been because of these things.
    Wait, what?
    How the hell would you push parry off the table? Best you can do is reduce the bosses chance to parry, and to remove it completely, you need more expertise then cutting a bit of stamina can give you.

    Healers get hit by shadow crash because the healers bunch up on a green puddle. Make sure the healers know to spread around the edge of the green puddle so they won't all get hit by the shadow crash, and the green puddle won't be completely covered - healing from max range is a dream, you heal where you happen to stand after a green puddle is gone.

  20. #120
    I've just tested this yesterday:

    With 20 expertise I have 35K hp
    With 49 expertise I have ~32K hp

    Worst part of tradeoff is monarch crab for Mark of Norganon.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts