+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarael View Post
    hey guys, can anyone tell me how do l get that ui as shown in the vid.?? l am really tired of mine. It's so full.

Tnx for the incoming help

I was actually wodering this too. I noticed that you have more area on your screen and it looks a lot more organized. I raid quite a bit and i'm a dk(blood) tank so the extra screen space is nice. I wasn't sure if all that was a UI or just a ui with addons as well. Seen that you have Dhud and Grid....or something that looks a lot like it. Just keep me posted on what you use I wouldn't mind trying it. Thank you for all your time and effort. I love this site btw.

and lol at us for using a warrior almost exclusively to tank vezax

An interesting gambit might be to use a ranged taunt - even something like a hunter's distracting shot to assist the kite. As he starts casting, run him off with a ranged, then have the tank bring him back into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Demgar View Post
    An interesting gambit might be to use a ranged taunt - even something like a hunter's distracting shot to assist the kite. As he starts casting, run him off with a ranged, then have the tank bring him back into place.
    General Vezax is immune to all taunts.

Edit: We have a priest with the speed boost on PW:S shield the tank as the cast happens.

Any chance of a 25 man version?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Any chance of a 25 man version?
    There's no notable difference between the 10 and 25-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    There's no notable difference between the 10 and 25-man.
    I'm pretty sure it's actually easier in 25-man, heh.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quick questions then I guess, 7 healer fight? My guild loves using the videos here, but they get frustrated when it's only 10mans. If it is really exactly the same between 10 and 25 man, than it's just a matter of making sure we bring the right raid makeup for it. I'll be sure to let my RL know.

The number of healers that get you through every encounter up to that point are fine for that encounter as well.

With the exception of Mimiron, which we stated we'll have a 25-man addendum for, any current encounter without a 25-man video is an encounter that has no noticeable differences between 10 and 25-man. Time we spend making redundant, unnecessary videos is time we spend not working on something else that is actually helpful.

I guess since I'm not there on their first progression kills I can't say exactly, but we had a lot of trouble with Thorim because we ended up having to basically throw ALL of our dps into the hallway, and leave very little in the arena as opposed to the suggested 7 dps or so. For the most part the videos have been fine good to us, I think they're just more worried about Vezax because we haven't even stepped foot in it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I guess since I'm not there on their first progression kills I can't say exactly, but we had a lot of trouble with Thorim because we ended up having to basically throw ALL of our dps into the hallway, and leave very little in the arena as opposed to the suggested 7 dps or so. For the most part the videos have been fine good to us, I think they're just more worried about Vezax because we haven't even stepped foot in it yet.
    The people you left in the arena must be gods. DPS requirement is higher there than in the hallway.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I find it easier (for the whole raid) if i just tank through the surge, using shield wall and last stand alternatively.

For the first 10 or so attempts i kited with intervene, we never get the boss down to 40% because i kept dying (just normal hit, never got hit during surge)

Then we tried tanking through surges.... we managed to get it down to 1% (and wiped, QQ) and 10 - 20% ish on the other attempts.

Not kiting makes it easier for the melee and also easier for casters to position themselves.

we're using our DK to tank him, just blowing cooldowns on surge, with an alternating pair of 2 interrupts (4 of us total, 2 and 2, to make sure someone doesn't miss it). Never realized how amazingly hard/annoying/terrible it is to be Arms and be on an interrupt rotation... TERRIBLE.

i think best attempt last night was 38%.

Yeah you really don't want to have an Arms Warrior doing interrupts unless there's just no other alternative.

we have a fury warrior/rogue/rogue/arms warrior, sometimes we have a second fury warrior, but normally that means 1 less rogue. =T So no matter what, it looks like i'm gonna be in there interrupting..

Um, why do you need to interrupt then? That's 3 interrupts not counting the tank (you said DK? he can interrupt too). I guess if he's excused from the rotation you'd need a 4th interrupter...

Also, if you have a mage/shammy they can interrupt too... but I can understand they might want to save mana and resto shammies probably have other things to worry about =p. I'd imagine they'd still have an easier time of it than you would though.

i'm sure we'll tighten up the interrupts as we get better at it, but for purely our new attempts we need those to be interrupt at all costs, so we have 2 guys interrupt on top of each other to make sure. also the first fury warrior and one of the rogues are from australia, so they have latency issues. go figure.

Tank should be maximizing threat/DPS and keeping a close eye on health to pop CD's. Although the tank can interrupt, it doesn't mean the tank should be interrupting.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

what about healers

hez, im desperated for some healer advices )caus i as a tank dont know crap about that), hers the setup we run
    2 tanks, warrior and a paladin
    3 healers, last night they were: Holy priest, Holy Paladin, Resto shaman
    5 "random" DPS,

it turned out that i (pala tank) tank the boss caus our warrior was dying quite fast, however a aroud 50% i tend to die due to healers being oom... what the crap? so, please, please write me what to quote to them :P

PS: we _dont_ kite him, as when we did the healers ran oom even faster o.o

Got our first kill in 25man tonight...

does anyone find that general moves faster in 25man than 10man during surge, i've noticed this after 2 weeks of 10 and 25man attempts

In 10man i can just run away even backstepping without getting hit, but in 25, i had to use intervene, boss was runnign at full speed melee noticed the faster run speed in 25man too (were chasing it for interupt).

+ Reply to Thread