+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

So this video is in 10man, you found the mini-enrages to be that significant ehh. Thats unfortunate. We've primarily been using 2 warriors and a paladin for 10 progression. Our group is pretty good and been progressing steadily through the week. We'll have tonight and tomorrow to try to down mimiron and general.

I would think it be easy to kite this guy as a warrior. Just have a designated Intervene, macro it, and run.

We primarily run with 3 healers 2 tanks, then dps alternates often between at either 3 melee or ranged then 2 of the latter.

So no mana cooldowns can be provided, but what of trinket effects, and Improved Water Sheild or other proc for X mana effects.

Good idea with the babyspice ill keep it in mind, the mt tends to have a shitty computer and thusly low raid frames.

Other problem i predict for my group is the interupts :S. For iron council despite having a enh shaman, and 2 rogues, the resto shaman baby sat the dwarf for interupts(with the warrior tank also doing interupts).
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Faylynn View Post
    I really love the Unit Frame mod you use for your character frame and Enemy frame. Could you please tell me which mod this is? Thanks, and keep up the great work on the videos!

looks like elkano buff bars, grid, bartender and Archud2 I think. i had the a similiar ui before but my wtf and addon folders got wiped and never remembered what it was.

i know archud is the health, mana, and other bars circling the player center screen. if its not that id say try eepanels2
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Quote Originally Posted by tPaste View Post
    We got Vezax to 10% last week in 10-man (only 2 attempts on 25), and the biggest problem I kept hearing about from my healers is the green puddles not always working. Sometimes they would stand in them and they wouldn't tick...and even exiting and re-entering, on occasion, wouldn't help...anyone else experience this?
    I ran the ten man version last night, we found 2 things that might apply to this problem:

The green puddles have a buggy way of despawning, they disappear entirely, then reappear for a couple seconds in the same spot but do not actually exist or apply the mana return or debuff. People standing in the from the beginning had less problems, but also had a second complaint:

They were getting the de/buff but not the mana. It happened to me, and it coincided with a partial resist of the shadow damage's final tick. We removed shadow resist and MotW and stopped having this problem.

I don't know if that's how the mechanic is intended to work, but all the shadow damage seems to be avoidable or controllable so it didn't change the pace of healing much, if at all.

There was another comment about mana spring totem, which under the hood is basically the same buff as BoW so we didn't try to use it after watching Lore's vid, so I can't confirm whether it does. But for virtually no mana you get 200-300 health per tick per group from the hance/ele shams, and 400-500 from the resto shams. Over a 9 or so minute fight the healing load can be reduced quite a bit by not having to heal the majority of the splash damage in those groups, and you can double up shaman in groups that are just getting punished for some reason if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by breaklance View Post
    So no mana cooldowns can be provided, but what of trinket effects, and Improved Water Sheild or other proc for X mana effects.
    Improved water shield functions to return mana. Meta gems/tailoring embroidery do not return mana -- "Immune" displays when these functions trigger.

Hi,
    i tanked this fight as a warrior, having problems getting away 100% of the times when he uses his surge ability we had someone stand behind me right before the surge and i intercepted on him when he begun casting. This gave healers a bit breething time and was no big deal "chaos wise".
    And even when i did not react within the first second or so the ~30 yrds of intercept gave enough room so it was always sure i got away.

My 10man group has been getting to Vezax for two weeks now, but we cannot seem to get past him before the reset, so...

I have a question that I can't really seem to find the answer to, or people I ask seem to give me different answers.

How many Saronite Vapors spawn during the fight? Is there a limit or do they just stop spawning at 30%? I know the hard mode is leaving up 8 Vapors then the extra add spawns from that, but are there ONLY 8 vapors total over the course of the fight?

I'm not sure how often the vapors spawn, so if it's once per minute, that would mean a max of 10 was possible for any given fight (due to the enrage timer being 10mins).

Any help would be appreciated.

only 8 vapors spawn throughout the entire fight. so you have to use them wisely. Might be worth making a note of that in your video? unless you did, and i just don't remember it

I am not sure this has been covered in this post somewhere else but here goes.

For those of you tanks having an issue getting away from the boss there is a rather simple way to get it done that doesnt rely on anyone but you and is not dependent on the tank class.

While tanking General move back until you are at your max melee range. This is an area bigger then the targeting circle by a little bit. Every 65 seconds he is going to begin to cast so either use a timer or watch the enrage timer and calculate the time. As soon as he starts to cast his surge spin 180 degrees and run. You will have plenty of room.

That is all that is required however if you are still having problems then it's really your fault. But here are some other things that can be done if you need extra help.

Put run speed to your boots.

Have a holy priest spec for the sheild to increase your run speed while shielded and cast it on you as soon as he starts to cast Surge.

I am still not sure how not moving him is any advantadge.

We tried it last night with me not kiting and 1shot it but that is nothing new as we 1shot it last week as well with kiting.

It seemed like every single cloud just stayed in melee range of him and never went towards either caster group.

Personally I still prefer kiting but if someone could please outline the advantages of not kiting it would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess that kiting would lead to range issues for healers / casters.

We've also had issues with missing interrupts on Vezax - once his buff wears off he tears ass off to the tank, leaving melee in the dust, sometimes unable to get close enough to interupt in time (if tank missed / didn't have interrupt going)

Yea, that is the only thing that is a problem with kiting, my guilds enh shaman is pretty much the biggest downy clowny in the world and never interrupts. This is the only part of the fight that seemed more stable while everything else actually seemed more chaotic.

With a decent enh shaman or mage to ranged interupt I prefer kiting.

Imo without kiting he's nothing more than a glorified tank and spank mob. We had maybe 4 attempts last night on him before he was dead, I was adamant on not kiting him while everyone said I should. Imo it's way easier to stand in one spot because you eliminate interrupt issues, out of range issues, healing issues and control the fight from beginning to end with a cooldown and interrupt rotation plus your dps can just stand and nuke.

A prot warrior with a 5/15 spec with glyphed laststand+shield wall tank him without external cooldowns and kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylynn View Post
    I really love the Unit Frame mod you use for your character frame and Enemy frame. Could you please tell me which mod this is? Thanks, and keep up the great work on the videos!
    The unit frame mod is "pitbull" with portrait set to Center

Here is a link to Lore's UI

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html

I've posted a 25 man Main Tank Video of our kill last night. It's got some surprises in it as well so enjoy

There isn't a huge issue for a Warrior to Main-Tank this boss. I would very much recommend anyone that does it to spec for the 2 min Shield Wall and Last Stand however. You take a serious beating and healers need all the breathing room they can get! We chose to kite since he does such insane damage with his buff up and relieving the MT healers for 10 seconds every minute of the fight is very mana-saving over the 6-8 minute fight.

Regards
    Roarc (formerly Thugs)
    Last edited by Roarc; 05-05-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Great video!
    I just have a quick question...

Does the OOC 5sec rule mana regen apply in this fight?
    Or is it useless to do a healer rotation?

OO5SR does NOT apply to this fight.

HOWEVER, it is very important to do healer rotations. In our 10man group with 3 healers, no more than 1 healer was allowed to setup in a vapor at a time during this they were supposed to heal themselves as well, this allowed them to focus on not dying, and 2 healers on the tank during this shortish period was successful.

We also found it beneficial to ONLY break the vapors when someone was going to stand in it, the attempt directly preceding our first kill we thought unlimited vapors would spawn so we killed them without remorse - truth is ONLY 8 spawn, so they need to be used sparingly / when necessary.

Nice video, as always! )

What is the addon in the bottom right corner called? The one tracking incoming or outgoing dmg, with the texts "Player" and "Target".

I've seen it in other UI screenshots too, but never found the addon itself.

Best regards
    Thomas

Do people actually do this fight stationary even in 25 man (i.e. with out kiting)? His damage output is quite insane there. Our first kill we chose to kite him and did so with me (protection warrior). I was using CD's at "oh shit" moments (which isn't uncommon in this fight I can add).

Regards
    Roarc

Question on the vapors. Can DKs deathgrip them to certain locations similar to malygos?

Don't remember seeing this in the thread or the video but wanted to be certain as my guild is just starting on this guy and was asked this (only been on boss for 1 night and only for 1 hr and wasn't not present at time of attempts).

Quote Originally Posted by Kardis View Post
    Question on the vapors. Can DKs deathgrip them to certain locations similar to malygos?

Yes they can.

+ Reply to Thread