+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

How many healers were used in this kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    Icebound Fortitude is 20% before Defense skill is factored in. At 540 defense, the reduction is around 40%, and with the glyph of Icebound Fort, which I suggest any DK tank to get, adds another 10%, though the wording on it does not make it seem like it.
    Thanks Lore and Proximity.

Thats leaves me to my second question,

Also can a warrior with mitigation spec with glyphed Shield Wall and Last Stand do it? Because with that setup the warrior also has 1 min CD's?

Does a Shamans Mana Spring totem count towards this as not taking affect because it is MP5? Also I'm glad to hear that a DK or a Druid is nice to tank this! ^_^

FYI I tanked this tonight alternating Shield Wall and Last Stand.

I say he got lucky. Others would say he has skill.

I prefer my answer.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Does a shadowpriests Vampiric Embrace & Vampiric Touch spell help in this encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Thanks wanted to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhyr View Post
    Does a shadowpriests Vampiric Embrace & Vampiric Touch spell help in this encounter?
    SPriest VT puts up REPLENISHMENT which as per the video does not work, I assume there is no affect on health genearation effects so they should work. This mean VE should work.

Heeey...

so i watched the video.. read some strats.. havnt actually attempted him yet, going for our first attempts tomorrow and i was curious if anyone had an idea of his aura also removes the effect of clearcasting?

Thanks

Clearcasting is not affected. Also be aware lifebloom is still restoring the partial mana cost. Could be interesting with shadow crashes if they'd let me near the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    How hard was he hitting you? I assumed LS would not be enough given that he should be hitting for ~50k a swing so was having my off-spec DK tank him.

Were you snagging external CDs at all? Or were SB/LS/trinket enough to keep you going? Just healers have to be ready to do little else than heal you?

All I have to say is..... DK tanks rule. I was actually really worried about threat before going in there but DPS was never even close to pulling off.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Yeah, in the video there, when I noticed mana bars were emptying (>40% or so), I was like "I'm switching to Death Strike, watch threat".. then as I looked at omen, Lore was like "You've got a huge threat lead, no one's going to pass you". I had like 30-40% at least.

Threat's only an issue for the first 30 seconds max, then it's easy from there. Pretty much past that point, if I have an FU up and I'm not at full health I DS.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

My guild and i were having some attempts on General Earlier tonight...

And we seemed to have a problem with the surge of darkness, the problem is that General's Movement speed isnt getting lowered or anything.

My Question is are someone else having these troubles?

Dear regards: Aleesa of Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    Yeah, in the video there, when I noticed mana bars were emptying (>40% or so), I was like "I'm switching to Death Strike, watch threat".. then as I looked at omen, Lore was like "You've got a huge threat lead, no one's going to pass you". I had like 30-40% at least.

Threat's only an issue for the first 30 seconds max, then it's easy from there. Pretty much past that point, if I have an FU up and I'm not at full health I DS.

What were you tanking as Ttocs? For the pull I deathchilled a HB followed by BB-BB-OB-ERW-OB-OB-OB while taking the Rime procs when they popped and FS's when KM was up. Gave a huge beginning threat boost that just pulled completely away from the DPS' threat. I'm just glad for IBF lol... lets me be the lazy stand still tank I love to be.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Great vid. Just one thing. How long is it that his surge of darkness last? Becouse a Prot paladin with Glyph of Salvation could help for a prot pally to tank this encounter without any kiting. Unless ofcourse the threat becomes an issue. And an if someone has already mentioned it well then I didn't notice it. (if its not more then 10 secs <.<)

And for those that dont know Glyph of Salvation reduces damage taken by 20% for 10 sec... (just hoping I remember it right now XD)

Edit: God I am blind. It says the duration in the post with the movies <.<
    Last edited by Sharlin; 05-01-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesa View Post
    My guild and i were having some attempts on General Earlier tonight...

And we seemed to have a problem with the surge of darkness, the problem is that General's Movement speed isnt getting lowered or anything.

My Question is are someone else having these troubles?

Dear regards: Aleesa of Deathwing.
    The tank has to max range Vezax and run out (not backpeddle) ASAP once Surge of Darkness is casting. He can melee a bit outside his targetting box, and you'll need that short head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    What were you tanking as Ttocs? For the pull I deathchilled a HB followed by BB-BB-OB-ERW-OB-OB-OB while taking the Rime procs when they popped and FS's when KM was up. Gave a huge beginning threat boost that just pulled completely away from the DPS' threat. I'm just glad for IBF lol... lets me be the lazy stand still tank I love to be.
    I was frost, but I typically don't run with Glyph of HB. The only one that typically gives me an issue that early in the fight is the FF mage, and with the right procs he can ride me at the beginning of a fight.

Though I don't ERW enough at the beginning of a fight. I have to rework my keybinds, something I'm reluctant to do during progression.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

We downed him last night. Mana issues were rough but we did get through it. With running though we managed to just kite him. He gave us issues only if he didn't cast a shadow crash or something else which stops him from running momentarily. Anytime he would not do this we would baby spice him to reduce his size. When he does surge his run speed is decreased but his size is increased and i think thats why its a problem sometimes. If your quick enough to run back you can baby spice him and his reach is alot smaller. Kinda funny something cosmetic helped us with the kill.

@ Lore, a question about your UI

I really love the Unit Frame mod you use for your character frame and Enemy frame. Could you please tell me which mod this is? Thanks, and keep up the great work on the videos!

+ Reply to Thread