+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar General Vezax

"any direct healing done by prot pallies ret pallies or enhance shaman is reduced by 75% instead"

what is the distinction between them and holy pallies and resto/ele shaman is it talents they have or talents they dont have etc because I had never heard of that before this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Lore's video!
    OICWUTUDIDTHARE!

Should of watched the video before commenting. >.<

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Halp, I don't have to ever kite him. HALP

I just wanted to mention that despite what Lore says in the video(s), melee can benefit from Shadow Crash puddles if they are within range of the boss. I was standing in them on our latest General Vezax attempts (a Ret Paladin: Alcarius on Garithos) and was getting 13 to 15k judgement crits. Our enhancement shaman was getting 14k Lightning Bolt crits when he used his Maelstrom stacks and our Blood DK was getting 7-8k Death Coil crits.

I would not recommend going out of your way to get these buffs however.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    "any direct healing done by prot pallies ret pallies or enhance shaman is reduced by 75% instead"

what is the distinction between them and holy pallies and resto/ele shaman is it talents they have or talents they dont have etc because I had never heard of that before this video.
    Yes.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Pain Suppression does not last the full duration of Surge. It's 2 seconds short. Since the Paladin ability also requires a GCD to get prepared, it also falls just short. You need to stagger them or assume you're going to take a 40k+ hit at the end of the Surge.
    The cast on Surge of Darkness is long enough that the Pally can put up Hand of Sac first and then DS after. The bigger problem is that they can only do this every 5 minutes.

Mana Regen Abilities

Hey!
    I'm doubting shadowfiend and hymn of hope work as they weren't mentioned in the video, but does anyone know if the JC trinket Figuring: Sapphire Owl works in this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by potatomasherjim View Post
    Hey!
    I'm doubting shadowfiend and hymn of hope work as they weren't mentioned in the video, but does anyone know if the JC trinket Figuring: Sapphire Owl works in this fight?
    Our Priest commented that Hymn of Hope appeared to work. Shadowfiend does not.

i have a concern not mentioned in the video and very tank related, which is threat.

last night we got our first attempts in on General 10man and there were some problems from casters (namely our moonkin). i'm assuming the only real solution is to tricks/misdirect every cooldown and to have DPS pace themselves, but i thought maybe someone could add some input for me.

On one attempt our moonkin even waited completely until the first shadow crash, applied dots and then pulled aggro in 2 starfire crits for 30k+ each.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    Our Priest commented that Hymn of Hope appeared to work. Shadowfiend does not.
    Our priests said it doesn't. As far as I'm aware, nothing but the four abilities I mentioned in the video work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnarosh View Post
    i have a concern not mentioned in the video and very tank related, which is threat.

last night we got our first attempts in on General 10man and there were some problems from casters (namely our moonkin). i'm assuming the only real solution is to tricks/misdirect every cooldown and to have DPS pace themselves, but i thought maybe someone could add some input for me.

On one attempt our moonkin even waited completely until the first shadow crash, applied dots and then pulled aggro in 2 starfire crits for 30k+ each.
    DPS does need to be careful. It's a mana endurance fight, not a DPS race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Our priests said it doesn't. As far as I'm aware, nothing but the four abilities I mentioned in the video work.
    We found that Hymm of Hope does work. Shadowfiend does not

Lore what player frame UI do you use? Ive looked at Xperl and Pitbull and neither have that 3d player frame for self or bosses that sits on the top like that. Id love to use it, what's it called?

It's pitbull.

Enable the portrait module, set it to 3D portrait, and set the orientation to Center. You can adjust the size accordingly.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I don't mean to derail this thread but I play a DK tank(sorta retired now) too along with a warrior tank and I dont know if I heard wrong but I thought he said Icebound Fortitude is a 50% damage reduction but it actually is 20%(correct me if I am wrong its been a while since I have played DK).

I take this as it was just a mistake, so does it mean 20% reduction due IBF is enough for the encounter.

Also can a warrior with mitigation spec with glyphed Shield Wall and Last Stand do it? Because with that setup the warrior also has 1 min CD's?

We got Vezax to 10% last week in 10-man (only 2 attempts on 25), and the biggest problem I kept hearing about from my healers is the green puddles not always working. Sometimes they would stand in them and they wouldn't tick...and even exiting and re-entering, on occasion, wouldn't help...anyone else experience this?

tPaste, we had one priest also comment to this degree. Not sure what the mechanic is behind this.

Hymn of Hope has two components: one temporarily increases your mana, one regenerates mana.
    The first part works, the second doesn't. You can get one free spell or two with the first part which still might matter on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    I don't mean to derail this thread but I play a DK tank(sorta retired now) too along with a warrior tank and I dont know if I heard wrong but I thought he said Icebound Fortitude is a 50% damage reduction but it actually is 20%(correct me if I am wrong its been a while since I have played DK).

I take this as it was just a mistake, so does it mean 20% reduction due IBF is enough for the encounter.

Also can a warrior with mitigation spec with glyphed Shield Wall and Last Stand do it? Because with that setup the warrior also has 1 min CD's?
    Icebound Fortitude is 20% before Defense skill is factored in. At 540 defense, the reduction is around 40%, and with the glyph of Icebound Fort, which I suggest any DK tank to get, adds another 10%, though the wording on it does not make it seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    Icebound Fortitude is 20% before Defense skill is factored in. At 540 defense, the reduction is around 40%, and with the glyph of Icebound Fort, which I suggest any DK tank to get, adds another 10%, though the wording on it does not make it seem like it.
    Yeah, I didn't want to go into full explanation of the details in the video, but it ends up being at or a little over 50% damage reduction in normal tanking gear.

+ Reply to Thread