+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macros / Interrupts / Other

Macros / Interrupts / Other

So far I have no major complaints about Arms. One problem that I'm having is that we have no true interrupt unless we go FS. I find that it's never quick enough though. My latency is usually around 100ms to 150ms and I usually miss the Pummel if I try that. Would it be possible to do a weapon swap while in BS to Shield and "x" and do a shield bash? Just wondering if that would be any different. What is everybody else doing?

Also I'm having an issue with my Focus Intercept macro, the Intercept never gets triggered. This is what I have:

#showtooltip Intercept
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast [target=focus] Intercept; Intercept

ON a side note regarding Focus Intercept, what is best for 2v2, Focus Intervene on your healer or Focus Intercept? Along the same lines, what is the better Arena unit frame, Proximo or other?

Has anybody considered the Blood Drain enchant to weapon for your Sword and Board weapon? It just seems that it would help keep you alive when coupled with Blood Craze and any other heals you get. Thoughts?

Having not played a warrior since WoTLK release, for that, I wouldn't have as great understanding as I should do. Although I have played my warrior to Duelist and Gladiator in seasons past. I'll try and help in any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynick77 View Post
    Also I'm having an issue with my Focus Intercept macro, the Intercept never gets triggered. This is what I have:

#showtooltip Intercept
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast [target=focus] Intercept; Intercept
    Are you facing the focus target? Are they in range? Do you have enough rage after the initial stance swap? Have you definitely set the target as your focus?

ON a side note regarding Focus Intercept, what is best for 2v2, Focus Intervene on your healer or Focus Intercept?
    Focus Intercept is great for interrupting a cast such as a heal or a poly, it's also great when you want a quick switch when their partner finally gets in range. Intervene is ideal if you predict a sudden burst on your partner or a cc inc such as a blind, poly or death coil. Intervene is also a great defensive escape manouver, have your partner stand just in LoS for an intervene and LoS behind a pole for catch up heals or to escape a noticeable burst e.g. A mage summons a water ele and mirror images, a ret pops wings or a bm hunter blows Beastial Wrath.

Along the same lines, what is the better Arena unit frame, Proximo or other?
    I prefer Gladius as it has a clean interface, provides many alerts such as trinkets or drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Woopiwoopi View Post
    Having not played a warrior since WoTLK release, for that, I wouldn't have as great understanding as I should do. Although I have played my warrior to Duelist and Gladiator in seasons past. I'll try and help in any way I can.

Are you facing the focus target? Are they in range? Do you have enough rage after the initial stance swap? Have you definitely set the target as your focus?

Focus Intercept is great for interrupting a cast such as a heal or a poly, it's also great when you want a quick switch when their partner finally gets in range. Intervene is ideal if you predict a sudden burst on your partner or a cc inc such as a blind, poly or death coil. Intervene is also a great defensive escape manouver, have your partner stand just in LoS for an intervene and LoS behind a pole for catch up heals or to escape a noticeable burst e.g. A mage summons a water ele and mirror images, a ret pops wings or a bm hunter blows Beastial Wrath.

I prefer Gladius as it has a clean interface, provides many alerts such as trinkets or drinking.
    Yeah, everythign seems to be in range, although I started playing with a further camera distance. Perhaps I'm misjudging the distance.

Go find a hostile npc, set it as your focus target. Start in Battle Stance, target another npc, bloodrage, than hit the focus intercept macro. See what happens

Gladius is better than proximo. It uses the arenaID frames that were added in 3.0 so it immediately picks up your opponents unlike the targeting used in proximo.

time to dl Gladius =x

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

That's cool, I'll download Gladius and try it out. I also forgot to mention earlier that my Arms -> Def Stance and Sword & Board macro is failing more often than it's working. Either I go to Def Stance from BS with two-hander still equipped or I stay in Battle Stance with my Axe and Shield?

/cast [stance:1/3]Defensive Stance
    /equipslot 16 Last Laugh
    /equipslot 17 Wall of Terror
    /cast Battle Stance
    /equipslot 16 Betrayer of Humanity

It makes no sense at all.

hrm. I'd probably put extra conditionals in there. maybe change the battle stance to make sure you're in defensive first. and for the equipslots make em check to see if you've got the betrayer equipped (two-handed axes) and for the betrayer vice versa check for shield or whatever.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    hrm. I'd probably put extra conditionals in there. maybe change the battle stance to make sure you're in defensive first. and for the equipslots make em check to see if you've got the betrayer equipped (two-handed axes) and for the betrayer vice versa check for shield or whatever.
    I'm really not that good at macros, what would the macro with your suggestions look like?

Anybody remember the old arena point calculator addons from s3/s4? Is there anything current?

I usually just check on the armory. Remember that any team below 1500 this season earns points as if it's 1500.

The World of Warcraft Armory

+ Reply to Thread