+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minion Bracers vs Bracers of the Herald

Minion Bracers vs Bracers of the Herald

I have a question about two items and I wonder which I should use. I especially want to know why I should use one over the other. I'm a dualwielding dktank. I currently use Minions Bracers.

Minion Bracers - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    or
    Bracers of the Herald - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

If I switch to bracers of the herald, I will loose 19 dodge rating and 16 strength but in turn gain 25 parry rating. I will loose some of my ability to generate threat but as of now, that is no concern. Which one is worth more to me, 19 dodge rating or 25 parry rating?

Dodge rating is almost always better than parry rating. One, as a DK tank, you tend to have a generous amount of parry from things like forceful deflection, so you hit DR faster. Two, parry rating converts to a % at a worse rate than dodge rating. 1% dodge = 39.35 dodge rating, but 1% parry = 49.18 parry rating.

There is a point at which parry is better than dodge, but if memory serves, it's obscenely high. Just go with the dodge.

I agree with visualdeity. Due to the different way dodge and parry rating convert into avoidance, you're going to be better off with the Minion Bracers overall.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Ok, thx for your info guys

+ Reply to Thread