+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloak enchant suggestions

Cloak enchant suggestions

I have just started tanking on my dk. Im in full T-7. Im def capped at 540. my question is what enchant i should get on my cloak. Im thinking either +22 agility or the +16 defense. Im just not sure which gives better returns. Thanks.

16 def. Its avoidance and gives you room to upgrade some of your gear that might be below on def than current prices. Also keep in mind your at the def min if your at 540 not a cap

540 is the number to hit to make yourself "uncrittable" by lvl 83 bosses. It's not a cap per se, but everyone calls 540 being "D capped"

2,147,483,648 rating would be the cap because thats the max integer value for wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Chro View Post
    540 is the number to hit to make yourself "uncrittable" by lvl 83 bosses. It's not a cap per se, but everyone calls 540 being "D capped"
    No one worth their salt on tankspot would call it a cap

I recommend +225 armor.

+225 armor is the best enchant for physical damage mitigation (survival). Get this enchant if you main tank raids.

+22 agi is a decent blend of damage reduction and threat. Get this enchant if you run heroics a lot.

+16 defense is for tanks who aren't uncrittable, or for a pure avoidance set (which you don't *need*, nor want, for any of the encounters).

If you are having to use any 8 defense/12 stam gems in blue slots to reach the "cap," go with +16 Defense. It will allow you to swap 2 of those Enduring Forest Emeralds for pure 24 Stamina gems, thus the enchant effectively becomes +24 Stamina.

If you don't have to specially gem for defense to reach the "cap," I'd go with +22 Agility. It's a good all-around enchant that gives you some dodge, armor, and crit for threat.

225 Armor is not bad, but kind of outdated. Not much bang for buck by WotLK itemization standards., unless you are just going for pure Effective Health above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzery View Post
    +16 defense is for tanks who aren't uncrittable, or for a pure avoidance set (which you don't *need*, nor want, for any of the encounters).
    Avoidance isn't bad. Breaking up back to back hit strings with a defense enchant can be more valuable than getting hit for a bit less damage with an armour enchant. Back to back hit strings are more likely to put a tank into danger than a slightly larger hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chro View Post
    A cap is a maximum.
    540 defense is a minimum.

Calling a minimum a maximum does not compute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get 540 to get uncritable, after that take what's best for you, but if you're going for avoidance absolutely don't forget defense. Purde dodge stacking is sooo BC.

Because of diminishing returns defense is a very strong stat to stack especially for warriortanks, because it spreads the stats instead of a pure one-stat enhancer like pure avoidance.

+ Reply to Thread