+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tank Having Trouble Since 3.1

Paladin Tank Having Trouble Since 3.1

We have an excellent paladin tank in my guild whom is also a really nice guy. He is observant, asks great questions and is a good communicator. The problem we've been having with him since 3.1, however, is that he seems to go down like a chump on a lot of fights.

Steelbreaker was taking him for a joyride in Ulduar last night and so was Ignis. On Steelbreaker we swapped him to Molgeim and brought in an Unholy DK to tank then downed the encounter very quickly. On Ignis I swapped from add duty to Ignis himself and the healers were sighing with relief at how much easier I am to heal.

Here is his Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Here are our WWS: Raid History

I know very little about Paladin tanking specifics but I'm wondering if you guys can see anything that he isn't gearing/gemming correctly for or maybe you can see something in his WWS about his rotation.

As the Tank Role Lead of my guild I'm very frustrated because it seems since 3.1 that one of our better tanks has gotten knocked down a peg or two and it's really holding up our progression.

Thanks in advance!

tell him to get rid of those strenght gems... after he is safely above 30k Hp he can worry about adding strength.. also his avoidance is crap.. get new trinkets as well the essence is fine but the card coudl be replaced with a good avoidance trinket... then also he need to get heritage out of H Naxx.. if you guys are having him MT ulduar your crazy...even OTing ulduar with those stats is pushing it IMO

my armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Great suggestions, thanks. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with him today and his HP has jumped to over 30,000. He's looking into dropping Herbalism for JC to squeeze out even more.

also remind him that block is not part of avoidance anymore.. and he wants to get gear with Dodge and parry,

+ Reply to Thread