+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Damage Output: Warrior OT Uld-25

Low Damage Output: Warrior OT Uld-25

First thanks for reading this; I'm actually new to WoW/MMOs (this is my first and only toon) and really appreciate all the guidance here on TS.

Armory Link: Spattznatt on Hakkar

My guild is bumping up against the enrage timer on some of the Ulduar 25 bosses so I'm looking to pump out whatever DPS I can to help things along. My main job is as an OT so I can't just switch to DPS for these fights. I haven't had any problems with survival yet.

1. Any problems with my gear setup?
    2. I'm really not getting many procs to use Revenge; is that a problem?
    3. Feel free to answer any other question I should have asked but didn't know enough to.

Armory link is above. Here's some partial stats from a WWS parse (25 man XT-002 Deconstructor as OT):
    (Ability , % total damage, avg damage, crit %, miss %, mitigated %)

Code:
    Shield Slam (Physical)      19 %	 2293 36 % 1.8 % 0.0 %
    Cleave (Physical)             15 %	   733 28 % 0.4 % 0.2 %
    Swing (Physical)              12 %	   526 12 % 0.2 % 0.1 %
    Heroic Strike (Physical)	    10 %	   950 26 % 0.0 %
    Deep Wounds (Physical)    8 %	   149
    Devastate (Physical)	     7 %	   677  28 %		
    Shockwave (Physical)	     6 %	  2267 22 %			
    Thunder Clap (Physical)	     6 %	   743  24 % 0.9 %	
    Rend (Physical)	 	     5 %	   387 	  0.3 %
    Revenge (Physical)	     4 %	 2263 13 %		
    Damage Shield (Physical)   3 %	   211							
    Concussion Blow (Physical) 3 %	  2416

As a prot warrior who is an OT during this fight, my job is to A. Keep up TClap, CS and DS (unless you have a fury warrior in the group) As well as Sunders, and B. pickup the Adds that need to be OT'd.

During heart burn phases I drop sunders on the heart and spam my life away with anything else I can think of while the adds are hitting me, more rage = more damage on the heart.

Generally, as a warrior OT it's very difficult to pull your own weight on the DPS meter. There are a few things that can be done to improve this, I'll list a few examples.

You can sometimes use the rage generated from OTing adds (along with the revenge procs) to attack the boss rather than the add (assuming that your threat on the add is sufficient that DPS won't pull it off you). I use this trick sometimes on the razorscale fight if a stray guardian is left up, as they don't have any AoE abilities and aren't a large threat.

Beyond that, your only real method of assisting DPS is by debuffing a boss's armor. If you can, make sure that 5 sunder armors are up on said mob then follow up with a shattering throw. This will give a nice DPS boost for melee DPS and doesn't require too much of you. If you're tanking adds and plan on using shattering throw you may want to pop a cooldown to ensure your loss of mitigation in battlestance doesn't get you killed.

I am the OT on this fight for our guild. My job is pick up the Pummelers when they spawn and hold them....all of them.

Until then, my role is Sunder, Demo, TClap, not get melee killed with debuffs, and be prepared to move to MT if the MT dies, DC's, etc. What I also do is Shattering Throw the boss in the initial seconds once the MT has aggro and boss is positioned, go Def Stance, Charge and Devastate until 5x Sunders are up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In other news, Sarth 3D makes me want to stab kittens." - Horacio

Hey guys thanks for the good advice. Letting the pummelers beat on me as a rage source was really effective and I was able to hold them to me with some TC/SW/Cleave abilities while focusing on the boss.

Haven't tried the shattering throw yet but I'll work that into the fight as well.

Thanks much.

+ Reply to Thread