+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drop Mining for Jewelcrafting

I am very glad i took JC. The gems are very useful, and the trinket rocks. (It currently stacks with heart of iron, pop both and you get 732 dodge rating for 10 seconds, and 432 for the following 10 seconds. I would expect this to get nerfed.)

I don't know, Mining has been making me quite a bit of money as of lately, now that prices of Thorium Bars have gone up anywhere from 40-60g a stack, and 2-3.5g per bar. This money I have been using to purchase mats to have guildies make Elixir Of Expertises and Runic Health Pot's. Been farming these in Sithilus from the Hive Caves, every node in there is Rich Thorium, and nothing in their is elite anymore, so I just zerg thru.
    My question is does anyone that dropped Mining for JC still make decent money from JC? If so, what do you do just charge people for cutting it?
    Thanks
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitworm View Post
    My question is does anyone that dropped Mining for JC still make decent money from JC? If so, what do you do just charge people for cutting it?
    Thanks
    Most people seem to advertise gem cutting for either free or 5-10g fee which is just not worth the effort, especially when you consider you have to keep sitting there waiting for whispers and arrange trading. Besides, what's the point if you can buy gems from AH and cut them for way higher profit?
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I've been tossing this idea around for a while too. Personaly I hate leveling profs. My main is a prot warrior, BS/ mining. I never did finish up my BS. I also have a DK that I fast tracked to 80 to give me a second tank, to get a new outlook on tanking and to have some fun while farming old content for guildies. I think I will make him be a miner, and use the resulting mats to level JC on the warrior. Second prof might even be herbalism to cut down on pots mats costs.
    Some people play hard to get. I play 'hard to want.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mornak View Post
    If you do decide to make the switch, get as many mats as you can before dropping mining...
    Does anyone have a link to an accurate JC Leveling guide?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

WoW Jewelcrafting Guide 1-450 | Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide

is the one i used, was spot on. I did however save the dense stone i had from mining thorium to get a few cheap levels with Dense Stone Statues

+ Reply to Thread