+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms/Resto druid against 2 DDs

Arms/Resto druid against 2 DDs

Hi,
    I started playing arena yesterday together with a druid and we did quite well at the beginning (20-10) against the lower teams but since then there are at least two setups that we just can't defeat:
    Warlock/Druid, because I'm so easily kite- and ccable for both those classes, mainly we have a problem on blade's edge where I definitly can't follow one of them.
    Any two-dd-combos (maily with rogues, like mage-rogue/DK-rogue. Either they find and kill my druid or I attack one and the rogue soloes my mate within 10 seconds. I can't do anything but watch them killing him (sheep, blind, deathgrip, dkslow). Best way I figured out was staying near my druid and charge/MS/Bladestorm when that rogue appears to avoid a second CC but usually both DDs survive with ~30% and have an easy kill from that point.
    Is there ANYTHING a warrior can do about that or is it just hopeless? Or is it just that one can't compete with 200epic pvpgear on those match making ratings?
    (The World of Warcraft Armory)

double DPS teams with lots of chainable CC are always tough for warrior / healer.

You need to get in combat asap to prevent the sap. Mount up and get on anything that isn't stealthed as fast as you can. You don't want a max range charge, because you don't want to out range your healer, who has to get in combat fast too.

With a druid, you need to be very aggressive at laying down CC early. If you can CC the other team before they start their CC chains on you, or at least get them off at the same time you can break up their control and wear the team down.

Try to watch the rogues energy bar to time his burst. When he's building up, you want to intervene, disarm, fear, etc to give your partner time to get out of the stun.

If it's mage / rogue, you've got to try to pressure the mage so he can't stand and cast, while still being able to save your partner from the rogues burst, which is tough.

Remember, you can't be CC'd with bladestorm up, so use it when they start to try and cc you, It'll put them behind in damage and control.

Getting 5% hit will help a lot. Missing the hamstring you need to give your druid enough space to escape and CC is huge. And you -need- a run speed enchant. The difference is night and day.

Thanks, that exactly the kind of help I need
    Looks like we gotta change quite a lot in our play style, right now there's few CC by my druid mate, I guess we should switch that to more aggressive gameplay as I'm so vulnerable to long cc-streaks that can prevent me off dealing damage.

+ Reply to Thread