Thread: Hard Mode Loot Distribution?

Hard Mode Loot Distribution?

I've been looking around a bit, and haven't been able to find this information anywhere.

I see a list of hard mode loot, and I see the description of the hard modes, but many of these have levels (ie, FL with 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 towers). Does anybody have any information on how the different hard modes scale with loot?

All we have to go off of right now is how Sarth worked, which had 3 tiers, and 3 separate loot pools to pull from (one from each tier). But Flame Leviathan's hard mode loot only has one tier.

Also, I'm assuming that you need to do the highest tier of hard modes for access to Algalon, but I haven't seen any specific information on this, either.

Help!

(For reference, I'm wondering this because I'm trying to plan out my upgrades, but am not sure if a hard-mode item is available from the easiest version of the hard-modes)

I don't think you get any extra loot unless you kill the boss at the MAXIMUM hard mode. For instance with Flame Leviathan, killing him with 1-3 towers would get you the achievement, but not the better loot. I'm led to believe this because the only ilvls for Ulduar gear is 226, 232 and 239. 226 for armor, 232 for weapons, 239 for hard mode.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

You may, however, get additional 226/232 drops (like Sarth1D, which had a separate loot table of 226 items). So FL = 4, FL+1 = 5, FL+2 = 6, FL+3 = 7, and FL+4 = 7 + 1 239.

However, that just sounds ridiculous to come from one fight.

mmo-champion has an incomplete list: Patch 3.1 - Loot compilation
    We probably will only have the complete one when people who use the wowhead client start downing the hard modes and uploading info.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    You may, however, get additional 226/232 drops (like Sarth1D, which had a separate loot table of 226 items). So FL = 4, FL+1 = 5, FL+2 = 6, FL+3 = 7, and FL+4 = 7 + 1 239.

However, that just sounds ridiculous to come from one fight.
    That's exactly my thinking lol.

Agg's tanking guide

We did 10 man flame lev last night with 1 tower up and the only difference in loot was Badges of Conquest instead of valor. We got 2 for killing him. The other loot was from the normal loot table.

You got badges of conquest for leaving just 1 tower up? And 2 of them?

I think so. If i remember right 25man lev drops 1 badge and I'm now in possession of three. If 25 drops two then 10man hard drops one. Either way he defiantly drops conquest badges. And I think its two. But if someone remembers for sure how many 25 lev normal drops than its 3-that lol.

I think I'm right but it was 3:30 am.... Plus I think i read somewhere that 10 hard is supposed to be better loot than 25 normal.

For 25s:

+1 = Extra badge
    +2 = Extra badge + extra loot
    +3 = Extra badge + 2 extra loots
    +4 = Extra badge + 2 extra loots + 1 piece of 239 gear

For 10s
    +1 = conquest badge
    +2 = conquest badge + extra loot
    +3 = conquest badge + 2 extra loots
    +4 = conquest badge + 2 extra loots + 1 piece of 226 gear

I think

,?!
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    For 25s:

+1 = Extra badge
    +2 = Extra badge + extra loot
    +3 = Extra badge + 2 extra loots
    +4 = Extra badge + 2 extra loots + 1 piece of 239 gear

For 10s
    +1 = conquest badge
    +2 = conquest badge + extra loot
    +3 = conquest badge + 2 extra loots
    +4 = conquest badge + 2 extra loots + 1 piece of 226 gear

I think

,?!
    Secksi times. We just burned through FL this week so we can get to YS but next week we'll definitely be rocking hard modes.

Agg's tanking guide

We did FL on 10 man with 1 Tower up, and got 2 Conquest Badges, in addition to his normal loot (sans Badge of Valor). Also, don't they add the Runed Orbs or whatever they are called at further "hard modes"?