+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Death Strike Vs. Obliterate Blood Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthus View Post
    The main thing that I am now trying to decide is if the Improved Icy Touch is more valueable than finishing blood gorged for the extra 4% Armor penetration and 3% strength out of Unholy (or possibly the shorter DnD and 15% DC).

I guess you are talking about Icy talons and not improved icy touch. Icy talons only affect your white swing so I doubt it worst 5 points.
    I will suggest to finish bloody gorged and take Epidemic, and a glyph of disease; longer disease and 1 rune reaplication mean more HS so more threat (HS being our stronger strike threat's wise).

About glyphs:
    - Dark death? our Death coil is very low in damage as blood, I really dont see any reason to take it.
    - no Vampiric blood glyph sound silly to me; I will take it over the IBF's one anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorr View Post
    I guess you are talking about Icy talons and not improved icy touch. Icy talons only affect your white swing so I doubt it worst 5 points.
    I will suggest to finish bloody gorged and take Epidemic, and a glyph of disease; longer disease and 1 rune reaplication mean more HS so more threat (HS being our stronger strike threat's wise).

About glyphs:
    - Dark death? our Death coil is very low in damage as blood, I really dont see any reason to take it.
    - no Vampiric blood glyph sound silly to me; I will take it over the IBF's one anytime.
    If I take a glyph of disease what glyph do I give up? I can see that I would get a gain with it, but it wouldn't be a lot. Every 2 rotations I would get one extra HS and one extra OB while losing 2x IT and 2x PS (and 2 talent points that were giving me more dps otherwise).

Icy Talons I am hoping gives me faster Rune Strike, which is the main reason for taking it, but I may switch some points out of it.

I don't consider DC to be insignificant...with Sudden Doom it is usually 3rd or 4th on my damage meter (well ahead of OB or DS). I do see your point on the vampiric blood though and might sacrifice some DPS for that.

DC is ahead of your DS/OB, and your diseases?

Normally my damage list is:
    Heart Strike
    Rune Strike
    Melee
    DS
    Frost Fever
    Blood Plague
    DnD
    Death Coil

And for heavy AoE situations, BB will climb way up the list.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Not trying to side track this post but, did i miss something with the new IBF glyph?? Is it functioning diferently than what the descriptions say?

Quote Originally Posted by sawzz View Post
    Not trying to side track this post but, did i miss something with the new IBF glyph?? Is it functioning diferently than what the descriptions say?
    yes, it seem that "IBF still scales with defense using 30% as baseline reduction with this glyph, bringing your damage reduction to around 45-50% with defense scaling instead of 35-40%."

If I take a glyph of disease what glyph do I give up? I can see that I would get a gain with it, but it wouldn't be a lot. Every 2 rotations I would get one extra HS and one extra OB while losing 2x IT and 2x PS (and 2 talent points that were giving me more dps otherwise).
    For me, 2xIT and 2xPS = 9872 average; HS + OB is 13972; it's a 40% gain.
    But you can still use pest without the 2 points into epidemic if you dont want to take them; it will replace your IT+PS by pest +HS and, for me, it's more threat (5798 vs 4936).

I dont know how DC can be at 3rd or 4th place, for me it's 1% of my threat; ok I may not use it as often as I should, but still.

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph calc.)
    • Improved death strike: now also increases the healing granted by 25/50%

If this goes live, it would change my result; first for threat DS should be ahead of OB, by a great margin (is that correct?); probably even compensate for the 3% crit from annihilation. And +50% heal will make it even more welcome (6k+ heal, miam ^^).

I saw this, it's blowing my mind. Raid buffed my DS's heal for 4600, this change will make my routine (non-Vamp Blooded) DS's heal for 6900!! It's silly.

The way DS is now, I use it mostly indiscriminately in rotation, and only hit it occasionally if I really can use the heals. The net effect is that it sits at only 50% overhealing in Uld25. It constitutes 50% of my self-healing, and I was a strong #3 on my total incoming heals for a night of raiding (3.5 mil from my Tree, 2.8 from my Priest, 2.1 from me, and roughly 1.0 from the other 4 healers). I'm loving my setup right now, though I feel a bit weak on aoe threat, coming from Unholy.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

+ Reply to Thread