+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

I have had trouble picking up rocket strikes on my location in phase 4 while tanking him. I am a gnome tank and as such I can often not see my character model through the ram on the front of the tank. I think this is causing me confusion as to where I am in relation to the incoming rocket strike and I will occasionally end up being hit which obviously results in a wipe. To make matters worse, much of the circle is obscured by the tank, making it even more difficult.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to compensate for these problems? I ate a rocket strike at 2% 2% 2% last night and needless to say it was disheartening.

Added the addendum for phases 2 and 4 to this thread!

Ahh Thanks So Much for this Video!
    The Guild Im in Has Me Go Ret for the encounter and we have a DK tank him and He always got Ran over and one Shotted =D hope to try this out later this week.
    thanks again =D

Now only if we can get past the first phase. Seriously, my guild is having so much trouble just getting to Phase 2 that the addendum (although nice) isn't currently of use to us. Any suggestions besides "l2play" posts?
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

First I wanted to respond to Jock

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    Had a lot of issues phase 4 with the Laser mechanic. I was MTing and tried moving him during lasers (which is a really bad idea). Next we tried keeping him in place, but the last bolt off lasers actually hit me.

I'm assuming the thing to do is to move right at the last second and hope he doesn't bug out???

Was curious how some people handled that "buggy" part of the encounter....
    We handled it by placing priest's Guardian Spirit on our main tank so he could absorb shock blast but he still had to move away from p3wX2 barrage.

As for phase 2 in my guild we do it a bit differently maybe this tactic will better suit some of you, certainly does us
    What we do is we all place ourselves around him spreading out on those glowing white thingies on the floor. Melee still moves around him to avoid damage.

Our raid damage is a bit higher but it makes avoiding p3wp3w easier.

Hope it helps!

Also I just wanted to say thanks to the entire Project Marmot team you've been a real help and keep up the great work you're doing!
    "Life is a journey, time is a river, door is ajar."

Quote Originally Posted by Gertiploiss View Post
    Now only if we can get past the first phase. Seriously, my guild is having so much trouble just getting to Phase 2 that the addendum (although nice) isn't currently of use to us. Any suggestions besides "l2play" posts?
    What is the proplem for you in the first phase? Tank dying to plasmablast?
    Create cooldown order to help healing through it; shieldwall,pain supression,last stand, switch tank's and blow another set of cd's etc.
    Healers not able to keep tank and napalm shelled people up or people dying to mines? Healing p1 should be easy compared to whats coming in p2 and dying to mines/shock-aoe-blast thingy is just stupid so not much to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by quinten View Post
    I have had trouble picking up rocket strikes on my location in phase 4 while tanking him. I am a gnome tank and as such I can often not see my character model through the ram on the front of the tank. I think this is causing me confusion as to where I am in relation to the incoming rocket strike and I will occasionally end up being hit which obviously results in a wipe. To make matters worse, much of the circle is obscured by the tank, making it even more difficult.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to compensate for these problems? I ate a rocket strike at 2% 2% 2% last night and needless to say it was disheartening.

Not sure if its added recently or dependable of video settings, but you can see sort of a "beam" from the sky where the rocket is about to land, also make sure you stand as far away from the boss you can so he wont cover the floor area below you.

Quote Originally Posted by Surmaaja View Post
    Not sure if its added recently or dependable of video settings, but you can see sort of a "beam" from the sky where the rocket is about to land, also make sure you stand as far away from the boss you can so he wont cover the floor area below you.
    With the video settings I have been using I just get the ground circle which is covered by the tank. I'll try increasing them this week and get back to you if it helped.

Tanking P4

Just wanted to share an experience from last night that inadvertently caused wipes in Phase 4. When I was tanking the tank and the body started doing the Laser Barrage, despite having turned the tank in the complete opposite direction, my toon was actually inside the tank a little bit, and the lasers annihilated me as if I were standing right in front of it.

So just something to note so that you don't have to learn as painfully as I did, make sure you're out in front of the tank and turning him (pre-nerf Mimiron anyway) and not in the body like me, or else it's a wipe .

Oh and watch those rockets! It's easy to get lost in the intensity and forget about them.

For people who have problems with deaths to rocketstrikes, I find it best to simply watch for when the rockets start to lift off, then just move from your location.

Obviously if you can see your character clearly and see no rockets you dont have to move, but sounds like Gnomes have a little issue with that!

Nobody should have any issues ever seeing rocket strikes. "Stuff on the ground" is no excuse because in addition to the target on the ground the rocket strikes now also project a giant glowing column of orange light into the air.

If people can't see these, they need to be replaced with someone who has eyes.

How about marking yourself so you have a huge bright Blue or Orange point of reference above your head?
    That should help those that find themselves getting lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerys View Post
    First I wanted to respond to Jock

We handled it by placing priest's Guardian Spirit on our main tank so he could absorb shock blast but he still had to move away from p3wX2 barrage.

As for phase 2 in my guild we do it a bit differently maybe this tactic will better suit some of you, certainly does us
    What we do is we all place ourselves around him spreading out on those glowing white thingies on the floor. Melee still moves around him to avoid damage.

Our raid damage is a bit higher but it makes avoiding p3wp3w easier.

Hope it helps!

Also I just wanted to say thanks to the entire Project Marmot team you've been a real help and keep up the great work you're doing!
    We had the same problem in p4 for a couple of tries, and I found that toogling your walk key when he's doing the barrage keeps him aiming straight, if you run and you pull the bottom around when he's doing the barrage it may cause him starting wimming around causing you to wipe the raid, also for the ones having trouble with seeing your character, I dont know if this counts as an exploit but baby spice works like a charm , diden't hear this from me
    Last edited by Infinity; 06-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.

First off, a HUGE thanks to Ciderhelm, Lore and all of the other TankSpot cast & crew for an awesome compilation of stategies for the rest of us!

Now to the meat and potatoes....:P

My guild has progressed pretty well in Ulduar and are now stonewalled at Mimiron. Total of about 40+ wipes so far, only seeing P4 maybe once (usually 1/2 the raid wipes at P2).

Our biggest problem is survivability on P2. We're not having so much problems with Laser Barrage, it's the combination of Rapid Burst/Heat Wave that is causing our healers (myself included) many many problems. We are spreading out the groups as suggested having each group stick with their healers to aid in raid healing, but we're still getting pounded. I know what our problem was last night, we only had 6 healers (1 Disc Priest, 2 Holy Priests, 1 Resto Druid, 1 Resto Shammy and 1 Holy Pally) where we would normally bring 7 or 8 for Mimiron.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated (or if any more info is needed to give any suggestions, let me know).
    Last edited by Drizzella; 06-05-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Everybody needs to stand in range of everybody else in p2. That way all healers can heal everybody. The point of spreading out is to 1) minimize the number of people getting hit by barrage, and 2) to spread out the rocket targets. The point is not so healers become only responsible for their own "group."

Hope that helps.

Thank you Forklift... it does help... but we are spreading out each group with their healers (healers are watching those others who are closeby as well), but it's not seeming to help.

Although.... I'm not too sure if we're using the entire room to spread out in (I'm positive we're using at least 240 of the room)... I'm not too sure if we are using the back of the room (opposite from entrance) to spread out dps/healers... I'll have to see and post back tomorrow (we're going back in tomorrow evening)

There are a couple of lines on the ground in a circle round Mimiron - we use the innermost one (just out from the band of white where the melee stand) to have all our ranged and healers stood. A couple of healers per 'third' of the room, but all the healers can then reach everyone in the room. This helped us a lot in reducing raid deaths in p2.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Great up; much appreciated .. phase 2 was pretty chizz but phase 4 was just rediddy .. does anyone know if mimiron gets dwee?

Ok so we got to mimiron this evening, and I was expecting the kind of trouble we had with thorim (40+ wipes >.> ).

P1 ranged spread out, healers every here and there so everyone could be healed. 3 tanks on mimiron, taunt after each plasma blast (after the shockblast), rotate shield wall, easymode.

P2 ranged on the gold circle around the boss (at about 10 yd range) so that if they get the pewpew laser barrage all they have to do is run forwards and through the boss to be safe. call out rocket strikes.

P3 warlock tanking boss, warrior under the boss picking up bombs. other two tanks pick up the scrapbots and assault bots. one person is assigned to picking up the cores and pulling the boss down. he dies in the second core.

clear up adds in phase transistion

P4 people spread out like in phase 1. single tank is on bottom half. ranged dps top part to 10% and switch to middle part. melee dps bottom part and switch to middle at 10%, then we bring them to the same health %.

1st try wipe at P2, 2nd try wipe in P3, 3rd try wipe at around 13/15/15, 4th try wipe at 0/0/1 (bottom hit 0% too early so it repaired). Tomorrow he dies.

Just a quick up date... it seems that we were NOT all spreading out all the way around Mimiron... we did that and lo-and-behold, we one shotted him last week... Believe me when I say that spreading out all the way around him makes it much much easier on the healers as less people are taking whackings from Rapid Burst.

On to General and Yogg this coming week... w00t

+ Reply to Thread