+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Im looking for some kinda confirmation on how rapid burst works.... There are some sites that say its a targeted attack and others that say its targeted yet conal. which is it? is it single target or is it an AoE? And if it targets a melee, can they just run through the boss to avoid most of the damage without the boss turning?
    I'd also like some clarification here if possible. I did search to see if this was ever responded to but either I didn't spot the answer or it was missed.

My guild have actually downed Mimiron now in 10 man, but we're still pretty touch and go on the encounter at the moment. We really need to be able to get him down more consistantly so we can have a good stab at Yogg.

Healing wise I'm finding phase 2 very difficult as we frequently get overwhelmed because the phase seems to go on for too long. I suspect this might be because the mele-DPS are spending too much time running out of the way of the Rapid Bursts, whether this is right or wrong I'm not sure.

We currently treat phase 2 very much like phase 1 for positioning - contrary to the TankSpot tactic video - so the cannon is moving an awful lot targeting different ranged players for Rapid Burst.

So, if someone could answer these I'd be very grateful:
    1. Is Rapid Burst targeted on 1 specific player?
    2. Is Rapid Burst a cone affect ability (i.e. affects players standing close to the person being targeted)?
    3. Is it possible to move out of the way of Rapid Burst?
    4. Is the reason why the TankSpot tactic video suggests grouping ranged into 2 seperate groups in phase 2 so that the cannon is only ever facing in 2 directions? Making it easier for the mele-DPS to focus?
    Sorry for the birage (excuse the pun) of questions!

Rapid burst targets a specific person (i.e. it targets someone to decide which direction the attack will be in) but does have a conal effect (i.e. it'll hit people around that area). I have never seen the cannon change direction after the initial targetting or chase someone around, therefore I think you could run out of it as melee. As ranged, it's probably not worth it - you'd have run a fair way.

What vastly improved our phase 2s was to have the entire raid close enough that all healers could reach and heal all the groups. We stay spread like in p1 (i.e. a third of the ranged and healers in each 'third' of the room) but we move in to stand on the second circular line 'out' from the centre. All healers are assigned to general raid healing. Stepping even a few steps back from that second line means you're not in range across the circle and can cause problems.

Hope that's helpful.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

We downed him Monday night on 25man, In all honesty 25man seems easier than 10man. A lot more forgiving. A few tricks we used is in P1 our prot warrior got the idea to spec into Safeguard - Thottbot: World of Warcraft that, so when he innervenes me I take 30% less damage. This seems to come up enough where with my own cooldowns and his ability, we dont have to switch tanks out at all on P1.

I made a taunt macro for P3 that Targets bomb, taunts bomb, and marks with star just in case i miss it.

P4 wasnt too much fun as Mimiron seems to like to switch his abilities out. Warrior spell reflect tanked P3 and P4 with hardly any issues. This fight was pretty enjoyable out of all the more difficult encounters.
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

Make a plate wear dps tank bomb bots?

People that are plate wear should beable to take the hits from the bomb bots on phase 3.

I've done this awhile with my Death Knight and it is quite useful because you dont really have to worry about them at all.

And another is thing that I've done was save up all three electromagnets and use them all to make this little easier because the dps can just Focus Fire on the head until its dropped. And also is that once the first electromagnet is dropped Bloodlust or Heroism durring the first electromagnet so drops the head faster and easier to begin phase 4.

You can't save up three disks. They have a despawn timer; by the time you've looted the third, the first will have disappeared.

Eletromagnet Mimiron

Well what you have to do is not to Dps down the big guys first until the third one is up. Then you dps them down and obtain all three electromagnet and down the boss. I thought this was the fastest way.

Mimiron Strategy

This may sound very silly, but you can throw a baby spice at the body and tank of Voltron to make him easier to hit during the fight for a short period of time so that Melee dps can deal damage to the head from just standing in the hit box

Quick question...in there 10man version how many actual tanks do we need?

I'm a druid with a high grade Oomkin set for my offset, so I was thinking if I can just use my DK tank for the whole fight, I'll re-spec to tank the head

Greetings.

There's conflicting info regarding my question all over the place (both here and on other guides).

The assault bots in phase 3...whats the word on a tank actually tanking them.

There seem to be a lot of conflicting info regarding these, some saying they're untankable and others saying they should be tanked.

Basically I'm trying to figure out where the second tank (if one is used) would be most useful...tanking the assault bots or eating the bombs.

Any thoughts regarding this matter?

(This is on 10man btw )

They are very much tankable in both the 10 and 25 man. It didn't use to be that way, but it changed early on. All I would say is that either he, or a melee dps, needs to interrupt the channelled cast the assault bot does occasionally - that significantly reduces their damage.

We usually have one tank on the assault bots and one warrior on the head using spell reflect for aggro. He also grabs and explodes the bomb bots, which is pretty efficient. In the 10 man you could probably have any plate wearing class taunt and explode the bombs out of the way without too much trouble.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

I have a question about phase 2 "shot gun damage", Per wow wiki, it's showing that Rapid Burst – deals 2,545 to 2,855 damage to all targets in front of VX-001. Now does that mean it's 2.5k To Every Individual or 2.5K Spread out in a group?

Quote Originally Posted by DKTankaholic View Post
    I have a question about phase 2 "shot gun damage", Per wow wiki, it's showing that Rapid Burst deals 2,545 to 2,855 damage to all targets in front of VX-001. Now does that mean it's 2.5k To Every Individual or 2.5K Spread out in a group?
    To each and every one individually, at least as far as I know.

Thanks for all the hard work and time spent making these movies. We only raid a few days a week and only for a couple hours at a time so they have been a great deal of help as my guild progresses its way through Uld. Awareness is the single most important thing in a raid and you provide just that, well at least a good base anyway =)

We Are on Mimiron now and P1-P3 are pretty much trivial, we have our main amount of trouble on P4. But after a few tries with me tanking P4 (Prot Pally) we decided to have our warrior tank it. I dont want all the warriors heads to swell, but I believe a warrior is better suited for P4 because of the (I think its intervine) and charge mechanic. Keeping Mimiron centered and not moving around alot helped dramaticly. Now if our ranged DPS wasnt attracted to the bright red circles on the ground we would have this encounter in the bag.

Jumping and SoTR just couldnt beat the head down fast enough =( j/k

hey, one question on this fight,

i havnt read all the comment on thi so sorry if its already been asked.

on Phase two why do they group the dps and healers up? surely the that group would take alot more damage then if they spread out around him?

Just one question... in phase 4 can melee even hit the head?

jake, no they cannot, they can throw... that's about it...

so you have to have at least 2 ranged to legitimately kill the head for this fight.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I accept with information:Its very easy if your DPS doesn't go insane and instead kills the assault bots. The intent of the phase is to DPS the head on the ground and light dots in the air, you dont need full air DPS and during P4 the aggro table from P3 carries over (and P1 to P4), so if you die you end up causing TONS of raid wide damage.

+ Reply to Thread