+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Quote Originally Posted by dagimp007 View Post
    no not 43k unbuffed lol... i went to your armory which shows you at 29k unbuffed and the warrior i use is about 31k unbuffed and we have 4 heals on him, 3 are awsome healers as they are our main heals and the 4th one just out rite sucks at healing (yes its me i tank not heal lol).. and i dont know if we just sucks at that part for mass healing him or what but for some reason we can't keep him up if we dont got soemthign on him
    ah ok, in my block set on armory, normally I've 33.1k unbuffed which makes 43k raid buffs.

OK, having seen this for another night it's pretty obvious that it's an endurance fight. Everyone just has to avoid, absorb, etc. as much damage as possible, save mana, and slowly DPS the boss. Currently our group is learning Phase 3.

How do I tank the air unit in phase 3?

It would be great to get some information about this method. I want to try it next ID because our first attempts in 25man with an Warlock-tank weren't that good.

My Questions are:
    1. Which spell has to be reflected? Does he cast more than one spell?
    2. Is Spellreflect and (Heroic Throw) all you need to do to hold aggro?
    3. Do you need imp. Spellreflect + Glyph?
    Last edited by fuddjupp; 05-13-2009 at 03:47 AM.

We wan't Ciderhelm instead of a male Belf, thats so nasty

Quote Originally Posted by fuddjupp View Post

It would be great to get some information about this method. I want to try it next ID because our first attempts in 25man with an Warlock-tank weren't that good.

My Questions are:
    If you try the warrior way, then you heroic throw when he becomes targetable, then SR ever time you can (I think the plasma bolt is what he shoots). Optionally, warriors can level up gun skill while spamming SR. No one else touches the head until it lands.

Untalented/unglyphed spell reflect are just fine if you use a warrior tank.

RE: Reflect tanking the Mimiron head, you can see how I do this in the video I posted above. Basically:

1. Make sure you have the rage at the beginning of phase 3, and tell ranged DPS to wait until it starts casting the first plasma ball before hitting it.
    2. Taunt the head as soon as it's targetable and hit spell reflect. With the first reflect, you should have 16k damage's worth of threat on the boss, and you'll pull it back from whoever pulled aggro.
    3. Reflect on cooldown (make sure he's not getting ready to drop a bomb bot or your reflect will run out before his next plasma ball).
    4. Taunt the bomb bots about 1s after they land and make sure they explode on you, away from the raid.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by fuddjupp View Post

My Questions are:
    1. Plasma Ball or Plasma Blast, dont remember. No
    2. Yes, taunt when he becomes targetable, spell reflect, heroic throw. Hit SR every cooldown
    3. No

Its very easy if your DPS doesn't go insane and instead kills the assault bots. The intent of the phase is to DPS the head on the ground and light dots in the air, you dont need full air DPS.

Also, during P4 the aggro table from P3 carries over (and P1 to P4), so if you die you end up causing TONS of raid wide damage. I usually do not tank P4 and instead offtank it

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    RE: Reflect tanking the Mimiron head, you can see how I do this in the video I posted above. Basically:

1. Make sure you have the rage at the beginning of phase 3, and tell ranged DPS to wait until it starts casting the first plasma ball before hitting it.
    2. Taunt the head as soon as it's targetable and hit spell reflect. With the first reflect, you should have 16k damage's worth of threat on the boss, and you'll pull it back from whoever pulled aggro.
    3. Reflect on cooldown (make sure he's not getting ready to drop a bomb bot or your reflect will run out before his next plasma ball).
    4. Taunt the bomb bots about 1s after they land and make sure they explode on you, away from the raid.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    Great. Thank you very much . We will engage Mimiron on Sunday or Tuesday for the 2nd time and i think this strategy will make things a lot more easy!

1. with a prot warrior tanking in phase 3 can they eat the bombs or do they take damage and isn't a good idea

2. can other tanks tank phase 3...like a prot pally (they have Exorcism,Avengers sheild, also Hammer of the Rightous might be able to hit him, same with sheild of rightous haven't tested those) i know they will take more damage then a warrior reflecting but it better then a DPS doing it IMO if it works....... this is is of course thinking i have alll DPS on adds and only goign to boss when we pull him down
    Last edited by dagimp007; 05-14-2009 at 09:22 AM.

I was having some success tanking the head and using a concussion blow macro on the bomb bot. We only got to P3 one time so take this with a grain of salt.

/target Bomb
    /cast Concussion Blow
    /targetlasttarget

nice movie...very nice...1 problem...my guild has almost no ranged only a hunter!

Finally! After a total of 44 attempts over 2 weeks, we finally clowned this guy in 10man.

A few things I hope people find useful:

You can easily have a clothie tank the head in phase 3 and 4 with proper spam heals.

Any plate DPS can eat the bomb bots in Phase 3, especially if a disc priest is spamming shields.

Our DK tank (the only legit tank in our composition against this boss) had no problem tanking the assault bots.

In phase 4, it's best if the melee DPS is as far from the tank as possible, as to decrease the chance of the tank needing to adjust for Laser Barrage. This generally meant staying to the rear of the bottom portion.

If the tank does have to adjust for Laser Barrage, it's best to toggle the "walk" command on as he marches a perfect circle around the boss. This helps keep Mimiron perfectly in the center. Otherwise, we had problems with Mimiron wanting to strafe on the Tank, rather than just pivot.

Don't bother using baby spice. (Don't ask...)

Good luck, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post

5. ???
    6. Profit!
    works perfect!

We had warlock on head in phase 3, feral druid taking bombs and me (warrior me) tanking adds.

TBH we found the fight pretty easy. Wiped about 5-6 times though 4-5 of us had done the encounter before so that probably helped with tactics.

It was my first time and tbh I found it a lot easier than Freya. Kinda wierd as everyone says Freya is a free kill but we wiped loads and loads on her and really not much on mimiron.

I'd say do practically no DPS on head in the air in phase 3 and focus on getting the adds down quick. It's easy to get too swarmed if you focus too much on head imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Celandro View Post
    I was having some success tanking the head and using a concussion blow macro on the bomb bot. We only got to P3 one time so take this with a grain of salt.

/target Bomb
    /cast Concussion Blow
    /targetlasttarget
    Finally killed him last night.

With a frost trap under mimiron and staggering concussion blow and shockwave, only 1 or 2 bombs moved an inch. Those I charged and shield slammed and backed back up. We'd use a core immediately after killing a bomb bot and id stun the bomb bot that drops right after hes mobile again.

The biggest deal for a tank in P4 is to turn on your walk button when he does spinning up and slowly strafe around. Dont forget to turn walk back off for getting out of the shock blast though. Also you need to charge right back in after the shock blast. There is a very difficult timed shock blast -> spinning up fairly late in P4 which is going to kill people if you dont charge back in and turn on your walk button.

Other than rockets killing me, everything went extremely smoothly.

my guild has successfully downed this boss once in 10 man and can consistently make it to phase 4 before things go wrong. overall, phases 2 and 4 give us the worse problems of any so i'd like to go over what we've done to solve them.

we always bring 3 ranged/3 melee 1 tank and 3 healers

phase 1
    plasma blast
    paladin's bubble then hand of sacrifice on the main tank for the first one.
    main tanks cooldown for the second.
    and just huge spam heals and any additional cooldowns for the 3rd plasma blast.

phase 2
    positioning
    we split up our ranged in 3 groups of 2; a ranged dps standing with a healer. and these groups are split up about 10-15 yards apart so everyone will be in range of heals

with ranged split up this way, it was easy to identify where he was focusing his ranged damage, Rapid Burst, toward and direct heals effectively. also, the ranged seem to have no problem with rockets since they had a dedicated spot to stand.

as the main tank, i used phase 2 to help heal and call for rockets. also, this is a great time to practice finding the safe spot to stand for Laser Barrage as a tank.

phase 3
    bomb bots
    when the bomb reaches a target it explodes for 20,000 damage. as long as a target is topped off they can taunt a bomb bot, take the 20k and get topped off again. so we just dedicated a DPS warrior/druid/pally/dk to this

ranged tank
    we found using a shadow priest to tank the head worked the best for us. and had our 2nd healer dedicated to him.

assault bots
    our main tank picked up all the adds while DPS focused on only the Assault Bots while the tank killed off the junk bots.

phase 4
    we setup our ranged the same way and split them up in 3 groups 10-15 yards apart. ranged dps standing with a healer.

3 melee DPS on the Bottom
    3 ranged DPS on the Head

1 healer for bottom tank
    1 healer for top tank
    1 healer for raid

as ranged, watch for rockets and survive laser barrage
    as melee, stay to the back of the boss at all times. stare at rockets on his back so you're never the victim of one.

in phase 4, like phase 2, the raid warning for laser barrage gives you nearly 3 seconds to place yourself before the channeling begins. therefore, the main tank should have 3 seconds to place themselves correctly before his cast starts.

as the main tank, i take these few seconds to identify where mimiron's back is and run to a spot that i will not have to move during laser barrage. usually, this spot is directly behind his left arm. once at this safe spot, i can just hold mimiron still and the Laser Barrage should end before it ever reaches me and the boss will not move. our raid has had pretty smoothe laser barrages. which seems to be a huge key to phase 4.

once the head or bottom reaches 10% we had our dps switch to the middle until all 6 dps were bringing the middle down even with the other consoles. had 1 melee and 1 ranged assigned to stay on the middle and the other 4 dps switched back to thier original targets and burned him down the rest of the way.

however, my problem with this boss is his hitbox. it would seem like he has almost two hit boxes. one larger than the other. one at the tip of the machine, and another about 5 yards inside him.

the problem i run into is that i get stuck inside him and cannot get to the outside hitbox and end up missing the rocket target under me because all you see is leviathan.

i've had some success getting on the edge of his hit box by letting him meet up with me after a shock blast has finished, rather than running through him.

hope this helps
    Last edited by dontazemebro; 05-22-2009 at 07:45 AM.

I'll contribute a link to the strat I wrote for Mimiron-25 (its too long to repost), which my guild has used successfully to down Mimiron. It covers everything, with a tank focus - and has a companion guide for healing.

I got a bit of it from here, but we did some things different then the posted guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Its extremely hard to outheal the plasma blast thingy on phase 1. Its about 5 ticks of 17k damage (20k before stance/talent modifiers).

On 10man our usual tanking setup is 2 prot warriors. With our dps we were getting 3 blasts in phase 1. What worked best for us was first warrior tanks for the first 2 blasts with SW and LS for each and after the second we switch tank (he's tauntable) and the 2nd tank SWs for the 3rd blast.

For phase 2 I disagree on usage of bloodlust. The aoe damage is fairly easy to outheal and the phase overall is not hard at all. Imo bloodlust is better used on either 3rd or 4th phase.

For phase 3 I suggest kiting. I hunter or ele shaman can very easily kite the biggy and all you need is a priest to dispell when kiter gets stunned. While its defo doable to tank kiting guarantees a smooth phase while tanking them can result on a dead tank since they hit for ~25k on 10man and I would assume ~35k on heroic (havent tried 25man yet). Should be mentioned that they can be slowed by anything (frost shock, earthbind totem, chains of ice, you name it) as well as stunnable. We were just kiting, ranged dps on them, melee on small robots and charge/conc blow or charge/shockwave on every cooldown. Worked like a charm.

I can't comment on phase 4 since we didn't actually kill it

Edit: For phase 3 its possible to have a warrior tank tanking actually. Just open with heroic throw and then spell reflect his 9k (on 10man) hits. Thats some massive threat and since your ranged dps will not be able to go all out (they have to take care of the bots) as long as you spell reflect everytime its on CD you can actually tank it. Not that you have to but its cool nonetheless
    I solo tank the 1'st phase of mimiron as a warrior tank, I know it's not ideal and a DK would be that much better but I haven't died to the plasmablast, I simply pop shieldwall on the first, last stand on the second and if there is a third I use a potion / healthstone and Repelling charge (Another ~3000 HP). Also in p3 we found that having me taunt the bombbots and having our feral druid in DPS gear tank the assault bot a very good tactic, by doing this we ensure him beeing down only using 2 cores. We're still struggling in p4 though, should be going down today !

We also use war to tank head unit and dispose bomb bots, as mentioned goal here is to have heavy dmg on assault bots and dps head when it's on the ground only.

Keep in mind that having warrior on assault bots is also great once he get used to time magnetic spells - he can reflect them for 30% more dmg taken on bots.

If you have 2 warriors like we do, one who tanks bottom part and one who tanks head part in p3, it's kinda great way to talented spell reflect rotations in p4 - saves lot of healing and gives lot of dmg to mimiron.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Finally down after 2 days of wiping, lovely boss I have to say. So, General Vezax here we come

+ Reply to Thread