+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Quote Originally Posted by Zoal View Post
    I got killed another time because a rocket landed on me and I had no idea since the tank unit was covering the floor under me. Seems to have a very small following hit box like Grobb had. Have not managed to kill him yet.
    I've killed him once in ten man and once in 25 (last night, yay!). What you described happened to me early on in our ten man p4 attempts so I decided to never stop moving. I go mostly back and forth but I'll mix it up out of boredom or due to spin up. Probably annoys the hell out of the melee but its better to have a live tank I would think.

My guild luckily has two Ret Pallies with Divine Sacrifice and 2/2 Divine Guardian for this encounter in the 10 man version. We had the ret pallies rotate using Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice to help mitigate the damage of Plasma Blast in Phase 1. Divine Sacrifice also provided use in Phases 2 and 4.

(The Paladins did bubble when they used these tactics.)

Edit: This is for a single tank strategy.
    Last edited by Kaellinth; 05-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Like many others, we struggled during p4 due to his erratic repositioning. I suppose that would be my mistake, but I'll be snotty and simply call it bad design since it seems a common issue.

Thanks for the video (although I watch these after actually learning the fights). One thing I'd like to add since it was only approximated: The range of Shock Blast - Spell - World of Warcraft is 15 yards according to the tooltip. Based on his starting position, two round floor decorations (along the lines) equal 30 yards (maximum charge distance).

Ciderhelm, are you planning on doing a 25-man Mimiron video? After a couple nights of work we beat this guy on 10-man, but we'll be hitting him on 25 here shortly and I'd like to get an idea what I'm in for. :3

We seem to be having a very hard time on Phase 1 with a DK MT and a Pally OT.
    Both tanks have 43k life with our only 2 raid buffs Kings and Fort. our healers are resto shammy and 2 holy Preist's. We just cant get him past phase 1 at all even with blowing all our CD's.

But the week b4 we had a resto druid Holy pally and preist and and we had no prob with this dude what so ever.

Btw this is all on 10man

We just got there tonight with our 10-man group. A question I have is, is this best approached as a DPS or endurance/survivability fight? I can see the merit of DPS to reduce the number of plasma blasts and mistakes generally. But I can also see the merit of going more slowly and having good survivability in your raid to avoid dying to the various forms of raid damage. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by OnourisofRavencrest View Post
    I've killed him once in ten man and once in 25 (last night, yay!). What you described happened to me early on in our ten man p4 attempts so I decided to never stop moving. I go mostly back and forth but I'll mix it up out of boredom or due to spin up. Probably annoys the hell out of the melee but its better to have a live tank I would think.
    movement is bad (was told by melee), so i only move when necessary, rockets was visible to be even when i was covered entirely by the base (gnome warrior). But it seems mimiron base hit box has been increased this week, and i'm not covered by the base anymore.

Only tricky part was mimiron did shock blast and laser barrage at the same time exactly, I had no choice but to eat the shock blast, unfornately shield wall was on CD (had last stand up).... luckily our OT was up....and it was our first kill in 25man..

@Frostavenger - did you have fire resist up?
    We did p1 with me (warrior tank) and pally tank, 43k and 42k hp raid buff respectively, we had no problem at all

1. Shield wall
    2. last stand
    3. Pally CD
    4. Priest CD if needed (usually done with p1 before 4th is needed)

I believe we had pally + druid + holy priest on tank in p1

That was in 25man. In 10man we didn't need cooldowns at all, and i solo tank 10man (killed mimiron 2 times so far in 10man). In 10man, plasma hits 16.7k per tick on me.

We started learning Mim last thursday about 2.5 hours of attempts. To our delight we got to phase 4 pretty fast. Then the suck sets in.

As the MT I have been trying everything I can to not die to barage/shockblast/bombs.

I am a tauren and on some attempts it seems i cant get far enough in from of him while tanking that my hit box is not on the side of the barage. Strafing during barage then having shock blast come and having to get out but eating bombs. Phase 4 is definately a challenge. I am going to have to try the walk/run thing. I will definately try this next week. 25% is our best attempt in phase 4. Doing ok but frustrating trying to put the puzzel together.

Quote Originally Posted by shez View Post
    That was in 25man. In 10man we didn't need cooldowns at all, and i solo tank 10man (killed mimiron 2 times so far in 10man). In 10man, plasma hits 16.7k per tick on me.

are u serious... we have a warrior tank in 10 man had 4 healers on him (i went holy for the fight) and we couldn't keep him up with out using CD and he has more HP then you do unbuffed

Okay so no one in our raid can figure out what is going on with Phase 4 for us. We get down all the other phases perfect now but Phase 4 when they start getting low we all just die. Healers got mana and are healing. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

You can have a Death Knight tank the head. (DK took my warlock job of tanking it. )

Edit: 2 DK, 1 lock, 1 mage, 1 shammy, 2 pallys, 2 priest, and 1 rogue.
    The shammy and the priest and one pally were heals.
    Range: mage and lock
    meele: the DK, other pally and rogue
    Last edited by Sunna; 05-11-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Saying what our group was filled with.

movement is bad (was told by melee), so i only move when necessary, rockets was visible to be even when i was covered entirely by the base (gnome warrior). But it seems mimiron base hit box has been increased this week, and i'm not covered by the base anymore.

Only tricky part was mimiron did shock blast and laser barrage at the same time exactly, I had no choice but to eat the shock blast, unfornately shield wall was on CD (had last stand up).... luckily our OT was up....and it was our first kill in 25man..

@Frostavenger - did you have fire resist up?
    We did p1 with me (warrior tank) and pally tank, 43k and 42k hp raid buff respectively, we had no problem at all

1. Shield wall
    2. last stand
    3. Pally CD
    4. Priest CD if needed (usually done with p1 before 4th is needed)

I believe we had pally + druid + holy priest on tank in p1

The 1st time we did Mini was when we had a pally healer. P1 is a joke with a pally healer but this week with 2 Holy preists and a Resto shammy we just couldnt do it at all. Also Fire aura doesnt help with spellfire (aka Plasma blast) it only helps with napolm but I always have it up anyways and still get eatten

ah sry I thought fire resist would reduce the damage because a healer told me that and also read from a few sites.. yes i just checked it doesn't reduce plasma damage, but we always had it up so i didn't really notice.

yeah its a bit hard for resto shaman.. i usually have pally + priest on me in 10man

DKs have no problems with Plasma. Bears have no problem with Plasma. Warriors will have no problem with Plasma provided their guild was smart and loot counciled the 4-piece bonus to them. If you are the warrior tank and you've seen 4 pieces of Protector, and you haven't gotten them all, your guild deserves to wipe on Mimiron.

If you don't have the four piece, you will want to use shield wall on the second one, and split your GS, last stand, and pally sac between the first and thid. The first one is the shortest in my experience, so it's the one you can straight heal through the easiest.
    Last edited by Forklift; 05-12-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    DKs have no problems with Plasma. Bears have no problem with Plasma. Warriors will have no problem with Plasma provided their guild was smart and loot counciled the 4-piece bonus to them. If you are the warrior MT and you've seen 4 pieces of Protector, and you haven't gotten them all, your guild deserves to wipe on Mimiron.

If you don't have the four piece, you will want to use shield wall on the second one, and split your GS, last stand, and pally sac between the first and thid. The first one is the shortest in my experience, so it's the one you can straight heal through the easiest.
    You don't need the 4pc bonus for Mimiron, and I wouldn't want to be in a guild which loots four tier tokens to someone just for a gimmick phase which can easily be done without the bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunna View Post
    Okay so no one in our raid can figure out what is going on with Phase 4 for us. We get down all the other phases perfect now but Phase 4 when they start getting low we all just die. Healers got mana and are healing. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
    Maybe you're not running out of his aoe? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You don't need the 4pc bonus for Mimiron, and I wouldn't want to be in a guild which loots four tier tokens to someone just for a gimmick phase which can easily be done without the bonus.
    Some guilds might not need the 4-piece bonus, depending on healer comp/ability. Clearly, the people who have posted about their phase 1 woes do need this bonus.

The best guilds gear up tanks first for a reason--I wouldn't want to be in a guild where loot is considered more as an ends than a means.

Quote Originally Posted by dagimp007 View Post
    are u serious... we have a warrior tank in 10 man had 4 healers on him (i went holy for the fight) and we couldn't keep him up with out using CD and he has more HP then you do unbuffed
    I don't undsertand why people don't think they should be using cooldowns during phase 1. That's when the tank soaks the most dmg. I've been warrior tanking this guy and that's the only real dmg I take. Interrupt the assault bots casts and they don't do crap for dmg. Blow cooldowns on Phase 1. After that the only hard part is avoiding missles in phase 4 because the boss manages to obscure the targeting ring.

Yes, 16.7k dmg / sec for 6 sec is definitely healable with 2 healers (pally + druid), don't know why we did that tbh, but i always had nothing on 3rd in 10man, so they had to heal through it. I think i was trying to save cds for other phases (first time on mimiron and didn't read any strat, and someone told me i have to use cd in p4, and i didn't know how long between p1 and p4), which turned out to be wrong...its not needed, but good to use in those oh shit moments)

But if you have CDs, you should use it in p1....you wont' need cds in p2 and p3, your shield wall and last stand and healer cd (if any) will definitely be up again in p4 even untalented and unglyphed. There's no reason not to use CDs in p1.

Now I'm using CDs in 10man even its not needed just make it easier for the healers.

hmm if your warrior has 43k hp unbuffed.. something is wrong with his gear... mimiron also melees when he does plasma....maybe thats why he was dropping so fast.

hmm if your warrior has 43k hp unbuffed.. something is wrong with his gear... mimiron also melees when he does plasma....maybe thats why he was dropping so fast.

no not 43k unbuffed lol... i went to your armory which shows you at 29k unbuffed and the warrior i use is about 31k unbuffed and we have 4 heals on him, 3 are awsome healers as they are our main heals and the 4th one just out rite sucks at healing (yes its me i tank not heal lol).. and i dont know if we just sucks at that part for mass healing him or what but for some reason we can't keep him up if we dont got soemthign on him

no not 43k unbuffed lol... i went to your armory which shows you at 29k unbuffed and the warrior i use is about 31k unbuffed and we have 4 heals on him, 3 are awsome healers as they are our main heals and the 4th one just out rite sucks at healing (yes its me i tank not heal lol).. and i dont know if we just sucks at that part for mass healing him or what but for some reason we can't keep him up if we dont got soemthign on him

Cooldowns need to be staggered during the plasma blasts. As a DK I use IBF for the first one, a priest guardian spirits me for the second, I IBF the third, if it goes to a fourth then another priest Guardian spirits me. Pain suppression and other damage reducing CD's would work as well.

Since the tank in questin is a Warrior he should be rotating Last Stand and Shield Wall with healer CD's thrown in there somewhere. Preferably he would use his CD's first so they'll be up later in the fight.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

It is no problem at all to switch tanks in phase 1. I (Warrior) tank first an burn SW on the 1. Plasma. Pally OT taunts the boss of me an burns his SW on the 2nd Plasma. The third Plasma can be mitigated by a Priest CD on tank 1 or tank 2 or you can have a 3rd tank taunt him an blow his Shildwall.

+ Reply to Thread