+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Awesome video! My 10 man group wiped quite a bit on the 2nd phase though, until we just seperated all of the ranged. Other than that, boss went down easy ;D

Here are my guild's solutions to the biggest problems on this fight:

1. Plasma blasts in phase 1 - We get him through to phase 2 in three plasma blasts, so we shield wall the first one, Guardian Spirit the second one, and last stand the third one. Our healers pretty much are spamming holy lights whenever plasma blast gets called out. (Actually, now that I have my 4 piece bonus, I change the rotation to shield block + GS the first, shield wall the second, last stand + shield block again the third.)

2. Healing in phase 2 - Ranged and healers split up into 4 - 5 separate groups. Melee just run around trying to get behind him and make sure we move out of rockets targeted at us. All groups are close enough so everybody is within range of all healers.

3. Assault bots in phase 3 - each is tanked by a hunter who gets a freedom rotatios from the pallies. Hamstring and crippling poison keep the assault bots slowed. Roots or Chains of Ice will make the mob temporarily ignore everything outside of melee range and thus one-shot rogues--these must NOT be used. Only snares, no roots.

4. Little bots in phase 3 are tanked by our pally OT and just cleaned up at the end.

5. Head is tanked by warrior with spell reflect; bomb bots are taunted by same warrior and exploded right there.

6. Tank keeping the boss still during Dark Glare - turn on walk--prevents the monstrously retarded Blizzard mob pathing AI from murdering everybody. When shock blast and dark glare coincide, you just have to charge back in fast enough to prevent the boss from moving very far. In our kill video you can see charge lag put me on the opposite side and killed me. Luckily our OT picked him up and we got the kill.

Here's our kill video (160ish megs total, almost no sound except my mic input):

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/Mimiron1avi/;13650603;/fileinfo.html"]Mimiron1.avi Download File on FileFront[/ame]
    [ame="http://files.filefront.com/Mimiron2avi/;13653215;/fileinfo.html"]Mimiron2.avi Download File on FileFront[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Shield Wall the first one, have another tank Shield wall the second one, use both those cores to bring Aerial Command Unit down and go to Phase 4. The assault bots that spawn while ACU is down get kited.

That allows melee to easily stay in for both the ones that matter and keep DPS up time high. You can also kite the first ones if you want so long as the tank gets a decent threat lead.
    We happened to have a Feral tank them last night, and it worked pretty well. Apparently they turn red and thats when they hit hard (though no buffs of note). Stunning them through that makes it much easier.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I see they nerfed the bot's damage in a recent patch. We haven't tried tanking them since the PTR when they were killing me instantly.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I'm unsure about a damage buff on the actual bots, but they do use an ability called Magnetic Field, which immobilizes the target and causes them to take 30% more damage. I got caught with two of them at the same time last night, and took a 38k hit from an assault bot.

It was on the phase 3 > 4 transition too...

Edit: Forgot to mention, the field is a cleanse-able magic effect. I would prefer freedom rotations, however, as that prevents period of time with 30% more damage.

There was a new hotfix that went live as of yesterday to Assault bot damage. They should attack more frequently but for less damage.

This should make them a lot easier to tank in 25man, since the problem wasn't so much that they do a ton of damage, it was just all at once so it could 1-shot a tank with not enough health.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Thanks a ton. This is what I was looking for. We are going in tonight and are tweaking strat based on your methods so hopefully he dies tonight.
    I just want to thank the tanks that take the time to post. My guild is a 3 day a week guild. We are a bit older, jobs, kids etc so we don't get as much time to raid so insights and strats from the hardcore tanks/raiders is invaluable to us. tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    Here are my guild's solutions to the biggest problems on this fight:

1. Plasma blasts in phase 1 - We get him through to phase 2 in three plasma blasts, so we shield wall the first one, Guardian Spirit the second one, and last stand the third one. Our healers pretty much are spamming holy lights whenever plasma blast gets called out. (Actually, now that I have my 4 piece bonus, I change the rotation to shield block + GS the first, shield wall the second, last stand + shield block again the third.)

2. Healing in phase 2 - Ranged and healers split up into 4 - 5 separate groups. Melee just run around trying to get behind him and make sure we move out of rockets targeted at us. All groups are close enough so everybody is within range of all healers.

3. Assault bots in phase 3 - each is tanked by a hunter who gets a freedom rotatios from the pallies. Hamstring and crippling poison keep the assault bots slowed. Roots or Chains of Ice will make the mob temporarily ignore everything outside of melee range and thus one-shot rogues--these must NOT be used. Only snares, no roots.

4. Little bots in phase 3 are tanked by our pally OT and just cleaned up at the end.

5. Head is tanked by warrior with spell reflect; bomb bots are taunted by same warrior and exploded right there.

6. Tank keeping the boss still during Dark Glare - turn on walk--prevents the monstrously retarded Blizzard mob pathing AI from murdering everybody. When shock blast and dark glare coincide, you just have to charge back in fast enough to prevent the boss from moving very far. In our kill video you can see charge lag put me on the opposite side and killed me. Luckily our OT picked him up and we got the kill.

]

Damn he was spazzing out in 10man yesterday (phase4). Hope they got it fixed now with that recent hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by littleboots View Post
    Thanks a ton. This is what I was looking for. We are going in tonight and are tweaking strat based on your methods so hopefully he dies tonight.
    I just want to thank the tanks that take the time to post. My guild is a 3 day a week guild. We are a bit older, jobs, kids etc so we don't get as much time to raid so insights and strats from the hardcore tanks/raiders is invaluable to us. tyvm
    No problem dude. That's what TS is for. Good luck.

Problem with phase 4 ten man

OK, aside from someone wiping in phase 1-3,

when we get to phase 4 my grp is just having problems.

Me, prot pally,

2 CoH preists, and 1 Holy Pally,

How the hell do I survive the laser barage when it goes over me?

If i strafe fast, he goes crazy,

If i strafe slow, he keeps on his track, should I just strafe very slow clockwise so that I can keep ahead of the laser barage?

please help.

We downed him last night on 25, a few things noted...
    P3. I tanked (prot pally) all the assault bots and junk bots no problem for most attempts. Our DK tank just made the bomb bots eat his bone shield. On the kill attempt the DK held most of the junk bots, but this was just incidental.

in P4 I had some issues with getting eaten alive by the laser barrage, where I'd be tanking the base, having his body facing away from me, but couldn't turn it any further for fear of kiting the lasers onto slow moving raid members. Anyone know if divine protection would have saved me (was on CD at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbob View Post
    in P4 I had some issues with getting eaten alive by the laser barrage, where I'd be tanking the base, having his body facing away from me, but couldn't turn it any further for fear of kiting the lasers onto slow moving raid members. Anyone know if divine protection would have saved me (was on CD at the time).
    I find the best way to prevent this is to toggle from run to walk when positioning yourself behind mimiron as laser barrage begins. This prevents any sudden movements from happening, and gives your raid a much better chance of outrunning the barrage.

This will also allow you to back up as far as possible and avoid being to close behind the barrage, once again, while keeping boss movement to a minimum.

Can I request your UI Addons and WTF folder? That UI is amazing.

Try the UI section

Will do.

Also, what would you guys suggest be a good compilation of classes for this fight for Ulduar10?

Ideally you want a warrior or DK MT (I think a 4-piece warrior works best, spell reflect)
    A Pally or DK OT
    A hunter or warlock for the assault bots
    Two aoe and one tank healer
    Whatever else. Ranged is slightly better than melee due to the rockets and the fact that melee can get gibbed by the assault bots of they pull aggro or the bot gets rooted for some reason. Also, you'll want at least two ranged (one should be the hunter/lock assault bot kiter) because melee can't hit the head in phase 4.

For phase 2:

Im looking for some kinda confirmation on how rapid burst works.... There are some sites that say its a targeted attack and others that say its targeted yet conal. which is it? is it single target or is it an AoE? And if it targets a melee, can they just run through the boss to avoid most of the damage without the boss turning?

We havent had many attempts in 25 man, but plenty of attempts in 10 man, and im just trying to work out the best way to handle the damage in phase 2 and 4.

Thanks
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Was trying Mimiron last night 10man. Phase 4 was annoying me with the pathing. I got killed once because I couldnt get away from the front of the torso during a P3Wx2 as he would adjust his positioning whenever i tried to circle away - i'll have to try having walk on or making very small adjustments.

I got killed another time because a rocket landed on me and I had no idea since the tank unit was covering the floor under me. Seems to have a very small following hit box like Grobb had. Have not managed to kill him yet.

Hi everyone. My guild has been working on this boss all week, and even though we've surgically tuned our efficiency in the first 3 phases to perfection, we just can't seem to get the 4th phase down. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Our 10man setup:

MT: Unholy DK
    Phase 3 Tank: Hunter
    Healers: Holy Pally, Resto Druid, Disc Priest
    DPS is mixed, with 3 melee and 3 ranged

We found that in Phase 3, we can spam heals on our hunter and have him tank the head. Our DK tank also had little problem tanking the assault bots, while I would just eat the bomb bots. Going into Phase 4, we rarely, rarely have anyone dead. As I'm sure you've all found, going into Phase 4 without even one member of your raid, extremely gimps you.

On Phase 4, however, the cluster f begins. Contrary to posts on this thread, we've found that the laser barrage DOESN'T target anyone specifically. It rather chooses a position, generally favoring one of the 3 lines on the ground, then begins pathing slowly, rotating clockwise every time. You would think that'd make it easier. From a positioning standpoint, whether or not this is true, we're having problems just staying alive. We try and return to some semblance of our Phase 2 positioning to ensure that healers are in range. Of course, our MT tries to keep him centered throughout. Aside from fast reaction to bombs/mines/lasers/novas, is there something that my raid is missing?

We, like many guilds, have phases 1-3 down pat - it's phase 4 where we go SNAFU.

Hell, the whole damn thing is pretty buggy. Yesterday we had people trying to target bombbots and couldn't, we had people standing on the opposite side of laser barrage getting killed by... laser barrage, and then if he moves even half a yard during his phase 4 spin up, it's a wipe. It's too bad we can't kite him into Yogg-Saron's room during P4, since it'd wipe him out too

I'll try the walking strategy, and the P4 spin-up 2-tank taunt strategy I've heard of elsewhere on the forums, but I have to say that I'm really worn down on this guy after 2 nights of wipes and can't wait to start fresh on today's reset.

+ Reply to Thread