+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    Had a lot of issues phase 4 with the Laser mechanic. I was MTing and tried moving him during lasers (which is a really bad idea). Next we tried keeping him in place, but the last bolt off lasers actually hit me.

I'm assuming the thing to do is to move right at the last second and hope he doesn't bug out???

Was curious how some people handled that "buggy" part of the encounter....
    As I had problems with it as well I'll repeat what I said earlier.

To my understanding the problems only appear when the tank moves during 'Spin Up'. To counter that we used Guardian spirit in case he Blasts during that spin up.

It sees however that it no longer should be much of an issue due to:

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    - The initial cooldown of Shock Blast in phase 4 was staggered so that it won't happen the same time as Laser Barrage
    If the barrage seems to start in your direction (and not messed up by shock blast) I guess your best bet would be to wait until after Spin up to avoid the issues use cooldowns to survive the barrage while moving out.

In P3 (on 10-man) I just taunted the bomb bots and took the explosion. I was in my offspec for the fight as Fury and just equipped my sword n board for extra stam and stayed in def stance for the damage reduction. It meant that all the dps could concentrate on the assault bots and the aerial unit and get them down asap.

Phase 4 was a complete @£#&* though and we got owned for hours until swapping the group around to have more ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Meche View Post
    As I had problems with it as well I'll repeat what I said earlier.

To my understanding the problems only appear when the tank moves during 'Spin Up'. To counter that we used Guardian spirit in case he Blasts during that spin up.
    Didn't quite hit the issue. I was tanking him last night and you are right... he doesn't do the two abilities together, but staggers them. HOWEVER, when he does the spin, it goes all over and kills everyone if you move. But if you don't move, the last blast of it hits you....

Trying to figure out a way through this as our token holy priest is gone for large number of weeks. Doubt even a last stand/shield wall would get me through. Maybe move the last step of it or something?

I know I have never posted here before but since this was the boss I enjoyed the most in our 10man I wanted to post some tips my group used.

Phase 1: Tanking is very easy for a warrior with the warbringer talent. When he started casting Shock Blast I would run out through an opening in the mines and when he had 0.8-0.5 seconds left on the cast I would hit charge. Thus avoiding the aoe damage and preventing him from moving. This is also very useful I found for phase 4.

Phase 2: Not really anything to say for tanking. Very much a DPS race / healer intensive.

Phase 3: I was the one gathering up the adds the entire phase while we had our pally stand directly under the aerial command unit to taunt the bombs when they landed. We found it easier for him to face eat the explosions than to have the ranged leave the boss. This might also be useful for groups without a class with roots.

Phase 4: The only difficult part of this phase for me was to have the perfect circle strafe to keep Mimiron centered in the room during Laser barrages. As for the Shock blast and the Laser barrage combo I had no problem once I figured out how to use charge to keep him from moving.

Now I can't wait to push the big red button this week hopefully.

argh phase 4 doing-my-head-in with laser barrage spazzing out 1shotting whole raid in second!

FYI:

The Aerial Command Unit can easily be tanked by a Warrior using Spell Reflect. In phase 3, I tank the Aerial Command Unit and taunt the bombs he drops to detonate them.

In phase 4, I tanked both the bottom unit and held aggro on the top unit for most of the encounter by keeping Spell Reflect active.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    FYI:

The Aerial Command Unit can easily be tanked by a Warrior using Spell Reflect. In phase 3, I tank the Aerial Command Unit and taunt the bombs he drops to detonate them.

In phase 4, I tanked both the bottom unit and held aggro on the top unit for most of the encounter by keeping Spell Reflect active.
    I did this once when our ranged tank died as well. Finally got phase 4 figured out. You have to move very slowly as any 'major' movement causes him to flip out and start going all over. If you like tap the strafe button and go in a circle he should stay mostly where he is supposed to and not flip out and blast the raid with the lasers.

Dang a holy priest would make this fight easy......

Quote Originally Posted by Gertiploiss View Post
    Thanks a lot for this. Though we wont be able to get past Iron Council for a while (due to stupidity), once we DO get to the Watchers your guides will make it so much easier.
    Getting past the Iron Counsil is easy: Do not go left, go up the stairs, kill boss et voilŠ: you're past the counsil. Well, you haven't killed it yet but still

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    I did this once when our ranged tank died as well. Finally got phase 4 figured out. You have to move very slowly as any 'major' movement causes him to flip out and start going all over. If you like tap the strafe button and go in a circle he should stay mostly where he is supposed to and not flip out and blast the raid with the lasers.

Dang a holy priest would make this fight easy......
    Is this a bug? It seems to make the fight very tempramental. Getting through p1-3 to then get insta-gibbed by this is very frustrating.

Looking for a little help *25 man*...

P.1 Mimi is cake however during P.2 running 7 healers spread out evenly they just can't keep the raid up.

Positioning - We have healers spread out evenly around the room, ranged dps spread evenly around the room, melee dps always attempting to get to bosses back.

Damage - We don't have people getting hit by rockets or by the PEW PEW Laser they are just going down by the raid damage from the Phase.

Could I get some advise (yes, we've gotten past it in 10 man to P.4, I'm looking for help in 25 man version) regarding a change in positioning? bring in more healers? or just tell my healers to do there job better? As a raid leader i'd prefer not to resort to the third so i'm hoping some people with experience can help.

The way we dealt with healing in phase 2 was to get everybody to spread out in a big evenly spaced circle around the room while the phase transition was happening. Then when the mines cleared everybody would collapse in so they are all standing on the middle ring near mimiron. This keeps the guns from hitting too many people while also making sure that every healer is in range of every player at all times. After a barrage everybody fills back in any empty spots in the circle. Works like a charm for us.

We had a lot of problems with Phase 2 in 25-man. It wasted a full night of our progression since even losing a handful can cripple you for Phase 4.

I'll work up a strat movie if I can, w/ diagrams on how we solved the issue strategically.

Cider you the man... like you said Phase 1 and Phase 2 deaths are pretty much unacceptable if you want to make some serious attempts.

Since I can't do this immediately, here's a few pointers:

We had six unique ranged groups that stayed fairly tight together (all players w/in 5 yards of each other, but not right on top to make avoiding rockets easier). Two groups per third of the room, but not standing next to the black spokes around the room.

We had one giant melee group that stayed on top of the black spokes. Since ranged groups weren't on us, the goal of us all grouping was to have a higher chance to draw his fire without hitting ranged groups. Any time we were targeted or had a rocket on us, we moved directly through him onto the next spoke, and kept triangulating like this throught phase 2.

Dampen Magic on the ranged also helped us with this.

It should also be noted that in 25 man, we were unable to tank assault bots in phase 3. The first one seemed to be fine, and our prot warrior tanked it (and the following one) ok. But, after the first "drop" of the head, they were one-shotting tanks (for 40K) from that point on, for the rest of the night. No buffs that we could see on the mobs.

Not sure if it's a bug or something, but unless we find something else out tonight, they need to be kited and hit from range. That would leave the melee with basically nothing to do phase 3, except wait for the magnetic core.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

They're supposed to be untankable.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    They're supposed to be untankable.
    They're quite tankable by a Feral Druid. They have a very slow attack speed and while they'll nearly one-shot a tank, the tank has plenty of time to be healed up. The only thing that can't be done is having two up at a time and not kiting one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    It should also be noted that in 25 man, we were unable to tank assault bots in phase 3. The first one seemed to be fine, and our prot warrior tanked it (and the following one) ok. But, after the first "drop" of the head, they were one-shotting tanks (for 40K) from that point on, for the rest of the night. No buffs that we could see on the mobs.

Not sure if it's a bug or something, but unless we find something else out tonight, they need to be kited and hit from range. That would leave the melee with basically nothing to do phase 3, except wait for the magnetic core.
    Shield Wall the first one, have another tank Shield wall the second one, use both those cores to bring Aerial Command Unit down and go to Phase 4. The assault bots that spawn while ACU is down get kited.

That allows melee to easily stay in for both the ones that matter and keep DPS up time high. You can also kite the first ones if you want so long as the tank gets a decent threat lead.

cider anyway you can list what is supposed to be done by tanks in each phase. We just got to mimiron and we are going in tonight for a full night and I came to the thread to find out what I could, but trying to follow this thread is very hard. People are jumping around and talking over each other.
    Some us don't know the fight and are trying to learn what to do before engaging the boss but I can't tell from this marmot thread what addds I should be doing what to in which phase. Anyways is it possible to get a feww lines like this (this is an example not a list of what I would love to get as a reply, it is not a list of what top actually do)
    Phase 1 plasma is a concern chain cooldowns etc
    Phase 2 nothing much to do except tank boss
    Phase 3 tank this add like this, watch for this to happen so you can cause this
    Phase 4 he cant be moved around so on blast wave i do this, to keep him in 1 spot but still move I use this technique.
    Maybe I am asking for too much but that is the info I am trying to get, not "ur way stinks" "u cant do it like that" etc. If I wanted rude chatter I would be in wow forums. I am looking for informed suggestions, help which is why I am at tankspot.
    tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciel View Post
    Dumb. Not only that but tanking them is a waste of an additional tank for the fight and a waste of healers' time to heal.
    First of all, this is Tankspot, not WoW general. Don't start your posts with unnecessary insults please. At least save them for the third or fourth sentence jackass.

That said, I don't see how one can "waste" a Tank on a phase that has no other tankable mobs. I guess you're missing out on the Heroic Throw dps he could be putting on the boss, but otherwise... how is this a waste of anything?

+ Reply to Thread