+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Mimiron

Ulduar Mimiron

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Wow. You guys are good. Wouldn't of expected this till after Thorim. We're gonna be owned by him.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Movie up! I'll put it up for Donor download once I'm finished w/ raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Movie up! I'll put it up for Donor download once I'm finished w/ raid.
    Thanks Cinderhelm i'll be waiting the movie in HD ^^

Looks like an amazing encounter. We killed Freya today with help of your video but it was too late to have some tries on Mimiron, so hopefully we'll see this next week.

I just want to thank Tankspot for the great work with these video's, you have helped my guilds progress through Ulduar alot.

Donor download is now up!

Some comments:

We had major issues with the Shock Blast / Barrage combo. As some have noted elsewhere it seems that the boss goes crazy if the tank moves around while he's doing the Spinning Up for barrage. We used Guardian spirit in the end so I could stand still while tanking during Blast. It was really irritating though because the two abilities overlapped the first occurance every single try..

We had a sort of messy solution to the bombs in phase 3 as well. Our DK tanked the boss while standing under it taking all the bombs using some mixed tank gear.

One more thing worth noting imo was that the mines seems to last like a second longer even after self-exploding. So if you see a ring of mines wear out and explode, don't run past them directly or you'll get blown to bits.

I don't think I heard this mentioned in the video but in 25 man the assault bots must be kited by a ranged class as they will one shot anyone (hit me once for 85k).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbachop View Post
    I don't think I heard this mentioned in the video but in 25 man the assault bots must be kited by a ranged class as they will one shot anyone (hit me once for 85k).
    not true. We straight up tank them in 25 man. The key is either a freedom rotation on the tank or having an enh shaman with the snare immunity on totems talent.

By rotation I mean the first add that spawns one holy paladin will bubble sac while the other HoJs it and freedoms the tank.

The second add that spawns they switch rolls.

on the third one the tanks switch and the DK kites the bot (which we do not kill until the phase 3-4 transition by which time he has plenty of agro) and the warrior tank taunts and explodes the bomb bots.

A note on the bomb bots: we found it easier to just have a tank explode them than switch dps to them. By doing this we guarantee the head is dead after 2 cores and also DPS cannot afford to switch off the assult bot or it will not die before BoSacrifice wears off the tank.

I as the druid take all the junk bots the whole phase.

Its extremely hard to outheal the plasma blast thingy on phase 1. Its about 5 ticks of 17k damage (20k before stance/talent modifiers).

On 10man our usual tanking setup is 2 prot warriors. With our dps we were getting 3 blasts in phase 1. What worked best for us was first warrior tanks for the first 2 blasts with SW and LS for each and after the second we switch tank (he's tauntable) and the 2nd tank SWs for the 3rd blast.

For phase 2 I disagree on usage of bloodlust. The aoe damage is fairly easy to outheal and the phase overall is not hard at all. Imo bloodlust is better used on either 3rd or 4th phase.

For phase 3 I suggest kiting. I hunter or ele shaman can very easily kite the biggy and all you need is a priest to dispell when kiter gets stunned. While its defo doable to tank kiting guarantees a smooth phase while tanking them can result on a dead tank since they hit for ~25k on 10man and I would assume ~35k on heroic (havent tried 25man yet). Should be mentioned that they can be slowed by anything (frost shock, earthbind totem, chains of ice, you name it) as well as stunnable. We were just kiting, ranged dps on them, melee on small robots and charge/conc blow or charge/shockwave on every cooldown. Worked like a charm.

I can't comment on phase 4 since we didn't actually kill it

Edit: For phase 3 its possible to have a warrior tank tanking actually. Just open with heroic throw and then spell reflect his 9k (on 10man) hits. Thats some massive threat and since your ranged dps will not be able to go all out (they have to take care of the bots) as long as you spell reflect everytime its on CD you can actually tank it. Not that you have to but its cool nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    not true. We straight up tank them in 25 man. The key is either a freedom rotation on the tank or having an enh shaman with the snare immunity on totems talent.

By rotation I mean the first add that spawns one holy paladin will bubble sac while the other HoJs it and freedoms the tank.

The second add that spawns they switch rolls.
    Dumb. Not only that but tanking them is a waste of an additional tank for the fight and a waste of healers' time to heal.

For phase 3 bomb bots we use a prot warrior (me) with vigilance on the feral MT. When a bot drops it gets called out and I taunt it & kite. Dropping 2-3 more taunts as necessary while it gets ranged down. We failed phase 3 multiple times, once the strategy was changed to what I just outlined, P3 was a complete breeze. (10man)

Note that there were some hotfixes that appear to have gone in late Monday just before we got this kill:

- The initial cooldown of Shock Blast in phase 4 was staggered so that it won't happen the same time as Laser Barrage
    - The damage output of the Assault Bots was lowered
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Mimiron is one of the best encounters in Ulduar. Very fun!
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

would someone be so kind as to tell me the ui/addons to get the ui the way it is in these videos?

many thanks

I've got a thread in the UI compilations forum that explains my UI in more detail
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Thanks a lot for this. Though we wont be able to get past Iron Council for a while (due to stupidity), once we DO get to the Watchers your guides will make it so much easier.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

laughed out loudly at the very ending:

"FUCK YOU ROBOT"

Quote Originally Posted by trondhjem View Post
    laughed out loudly at the very ending:

"fuck you robot"
    :d
    robit*

Had a lot of issues phase 4 with the Laser mechanic. I was MTing and tried moving him during lasers (which is a really bad idea). Next we tried keeping him in place, but the last bolt off lasers actually hit me.

I'm assuming the thing to do is to move right at the last second and hope he doesn't bug out???

Was curious how some people handled that "buggy" part of the encounter....

+ Reply to Thread