+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Freya

Any idea if a UA build with Mortal Strike would affect her healing and the other mob's healing? Might be a significant reduction in time to kill the adds and her.

Other than 50% dmg increases from all sources, is there any other abilities Freya gains in hard mode? Have not been able to find much info regarding hard mode, any help would be appreciated.

How are groups handling the elemental packs in 25-man? With a typical three tank setup, do you need somebody to tank the Lasher (which doesn't slow on Heroic) and the other tank to grab the other 2?

How many stacks are ppl letting the lasher build up in 25 man ? We've had some issues of too many and I die not enough and we can't kill him in time. Trying to find the magic number range :/

On Freya-25, my guild was having some problems with the Snaplasher getting over-buffed and killing its tank, so we split dps between the Storm Lasher and the Ancient Water Spirit. When each of those mobs got to 20% all the DPS switched to the Snaplasher, at which point its DK tank spammed chains of ice on it and kited it until dead (the tank had plenty of aggro at this point). Then the DPS switched back to their original targets and finished them off. If you have problems finishing off the other 2 mobs before the snaplasher rezs, assign several dps to return to their original targets early, when the Snaplasher is at about 20%.

Freya doesn't hit very hard so your Freya tank can grab the Storm Lasher if you're short on tanks.

Also a couple things worth noting about the trash.
    If you kill the Elders they will not respawn after a soft-reset. And uncleared trash will not pull with the boss. So if you come back to Freya after a previous night of attempts within a week's reset period, you can save a lot of time by skipping most of the trash. Just be careful with positioning to avoid mis-pulling trash when you're on the boss.

A solid 10 man strat

For the exploding adds: All stack on the MT, AoE adds to 30-50% or so, IMMEDIATELY STOP. Assign one person as the main assist and everyone use single-target moves to kill the adds 1 at a time to allow the healers to keep up

Ancient Guardian: have the OT drag him to a mushroom and have ranged stand under a different mushroom. Whoever get's fury, run out of the mushrooms, Tank and spank otherwise

3 elemental adds (trickiest ones) Have the OT pick all of them up and tank them on freya herself, All DPs AoE them, melee who cannot AoE effectively such as feral druids or warriors/rogues focus on the water ele til 50% then the snaplasher until its dead. At this point Melee kills all of them 1 by 1 (you have 12 sec to kill all three, so if you are melee heavy, refine %s to your party's needs).

Throughout the fight there are trees that spawn that will heal the adds or her, they don't have alot of hit points, and they're nothing more than a nuisance, but if you feel the need, 1 DPS has plenty of time to bring it down from spawn to heal on its own.

25 man Freya Alternate SnapLasher Strategy

My first post here, but I felt since Tankspot has helped our guild so much, I should contribute something to the community.

We had the same problem with the Snaplasher killing our tank using the strategy in the video. So we developed a slight variation. Please note that we also carry 3 standard tanks and 1 extra tank that normally is dps...in this case a dps deathknight who tanked (in full tanking gear and spec via dual talents) the Water Spirit.

Tanks

Freya - Protadin
    Snaplasher - Warrior
    Stormlasher - DK
    Ancient Water Spirit - DK (Death grip really works wonders on his charge)

When her emote begins to summon the 3 adds we have each tank spamming their macro to pickup their add immediately and move it slightly away from the group. The DPS then moves from target to target taking them each down to 10-15% as called by our dps lead. Beginning with the Ancient Water Spirit, then the Storm Lasher and finally the Snap Lasher. Using this method when the dps is on the Snaplasher a mage slows the add while the tank stuns it and runs away, while the dps kill it, then they finish off the other 2. This way the only thing the warrior has to deal with is his own swings and abilities and can control how many stacks get applied. Using this strategy we also found that healing the 4 total tanks was easier as NO ONE is taking any spike damage.

I hope this helps. IF you need more information or a video on how we did this, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Im wondering if you guys will be putting out a "How to" for Freya 10 man im sure 25 is harder and its pretty much all the same but i would just like to see a 10 man "How to"

Groka
    us,Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Wesclorck View Post
    On Freya-25, my guild was having some problems with the Snaplasher getting over-buffed and killing its tank, so we split dps between the Storm Lasher and the Ancient Water Spirit. When each of those mobs got to 20% all the DPS switched to the Snaplasher, at which point its DK tank spammed chains of ice on it and kited it until dead (the tank had plenty of aggro at this point). Then the DPS switched back to their original targets and finished them off. If you have problems finishing off the other 2 mobs before the snaplasher rezs, assign several dps to return to their original targets early, when the Snaplasher is at about 20%.
    We tried this and it worked very well. Only thing we changed was when the DPS switched to the snaplasher we left 1 dps on each of the other 2. By the time the snap lasher went down the other 2 where at about 3%. Easy to finish off at that point.

Also we do this fight with 3 tanks. The one on the boss taunts the water spirit ( the one that charges people if I have the name wrong ) and the two lashers are tanked by the other 2 tanks. The mob that charges around does so regardless of whether it's being tanked or not so we didn't feel a 4th tank was going to help and the extra dps didn't hurt. The boss tank just has to be sure to taunt it back after each charge.

This boss is very easy once you get the 3 spawn of adds worked out. Of the three bosses in this area I would say it goes freya --> hodir --> thorum in hardness.

Added a quick addendum for dealing with Detonating Lashers.

Green Stuff

I seem to be having issues avoiding the green stuff she puts out in phase 2. When I do avoid it quite often the melee dps still gets hit by it since she is too close. If anyone has suggestions on how to move her around to avoid this stuff that would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hulm View Post
    I seem to be having issues avoiding the green stuff she puts out in phase 2. When I do avoid it quite often the melee dps still gets hit by it since she is too close. If anyone has suggestions on how to move her around to avoid this stuff that would be very helpful.
    You can just kite her back and forth between two areas. What you want to do is make sure that *everyone* moves to each new area so that the seed pods are relatively close together and easy to move away from. What usually happens with us is that we have a lazy ranged/healer sitting in the kite path and leaving seed pods that explode on people as they are moving to the clear area.

elders

It was said that if you don't kill the 3 spirits close enough together they heal. Yet I see an achievement for killing them within 15 seconds of each other. Am I reading the in game Achievement wrong?
    Could someone please clarify?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GirlieGirl View Post
    It was said that if you don't kill the 3 spirits close enough together they heal. Yet I see an achievement for killing them within 15 seconds of each other. Am I reading the in game Achievement wrong?
    Could someone please clarify?

Thanks
    The achievement you are talking about (I think) has to do with killing the elders before the fight, not the water spirit, stormlasher and snaplasher during the fight.

Am I got it right... The first phase your jsut supose to kill packs of adds... 2 packs of Detonation plants, 2 packs of trees and 2 of the three things? and phase 2 are just runing away from the farts as the first boss in ub?

Quote Originally Posted by garrodd View Post
    The achievement you are talking about (I think) has to do with killing the elders before the fight, not the water spirit, stormlasher and snaplasher during the fight.
    Deforestation - Achievement - World of Warcraft is what's she's talking about.

When you kill one, it starts a rez timer that's cancelled if the other two die within the time frame. We've flubbed the timing before and seen them all rez one by one.

The achievement is for killing all 6 that Freya will spawn over the course of the encounter within 10 seconds. I guess you could just keep tanking the first set of 3 until the second set shows up then AoE them down together. Or you can just keep killing / letting them rez until the 2nd set show up. We haven't tried it and I don't expect that we will (we must first knock on wood!).

Quote Originally Posted by hulm View Post
    Wiping on this part is extremely frustrating, but it's also the easiest to avoid. I've tried the "just kite her around" trick a few times and that NEVER works like it's supposed to, people aren't that smart and you loose a few here and there, added stress on the healers, or the raid wipes completely from ineptitude.

But, you're in luck. There's a really easy way - use the river. when phase 2 begins, just have everyone bunch up on one side of the river - the ranged can be spread all along it if they like. When she farts out bombs (and here's the foolproof part) have people call it out and just cross the river. See? EASY! if you're on land on the other side, you're far enough away from them to not get hit. She only farts out bombs where people are currently standing, so you'll always cross over to a clear field. Just cross back and forth to victory!!

Thanks for you movies with the iron fist we do a tank swap and it works a treat. taunt on iron fist wait 5 secs taunt back no damage.

Freya

Im just wondering i looked on your forums and in the movies but do you have Freya 1, 2, or 3 elders up? if not would you beable to do a small post explaning the fight im tryin to get my guild to do more progression rather then just farming the one's we know we can kill.

Thank you for any help you can give

Thanks for the awesome video, this helped a lot. I am dying to know and have searched relentlessly. What is the song you used in the background?

+ Reply to Thread