+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Freya

Ulduar Freya

Note:
    I failed to mention Sunbeam. This is an attack which Freya occasionally casts that hits the player and surrounding targets. It is relatively trivial. Also, I said the Fury debuff while Ancient Conservators are alive was easy to heal through; while this is the case, it's certainly not a bad idea to run out of it if you can easily get another mushroom or if you've got the whole raid on top of you.

We'd like to have Mimiron and Thorim done tonight (thus ready for Wednesday morning viewing). Mimiron may be up during raid time tonight for most US guilds so be sure to tab out and check if you clear straight to him.

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Nice cant wait, we will be doing this boss tonight as well as Thorim.

Hope to see Thorim one up soon if we dont down it tonight ourself .

Good Luck rest of Ulduar keep up great work with the video's there REALLY helpfull!

Lore has Thorim planned out but he wants to hit him again (ideally tonight) to record the Arena part as well. Right now he only has the hallway part, as do I.

Hello Ciderhelm, I wanted to ask.
    If I could get your permision to use your guides on our guildwebsite posting your videos and strat guides link'd into our site, Provided that I put copy rights with Tankspot.com and enable link going to your site for more provided help

I understand if I can't to any reason, I just want to ask permison before any taken steps.

You are always welcome to repost movies to your guild forums.

Encode Faster! /whip Cider's Computer
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

It's not my computer! I only make the thread once YouTube starts, so I can fill out the description!

//edit: Also, donor download is up.

/whip YouTube!
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

Thankyou verymuch Ciderhelm, Tankspot and you make my guild progression so much easier XD!

Freya was one of my favourite fights this week raiding the new instance (10man). Not that its extremely difficult, be my team and I went in there with practically no knowledge of the fight, and we worked out everything ourselves.

One of the things I enjoyed most was improvising every time a new add spawned, and then trying to figure out what they were doing and how to combat it. It only took us about 4 tries to work out our strat and subsequently kill her.

Lucky me, I got the tanking helmet (bulk expertise!) and T8.0 gloves from her treasure chest.

Movie is up!

Just a quickie (the best kind!)
    The TankSpot Banner and such are missing from the youtube as of this post.
    just fyi!

-Donna
    Last edited by Donna; 04-21-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: donna still can't spell

Hm.. how would this work at 10 man? When those 3 adds come? a 10 man would usually just have 2 tanks.

In 10-man, the Snaplasher can easily be kited by another player (ideally ranged) since it gets a slowing debuff when it's attacked. The other two can just be tanked by one person.

oh..well hopefully it would stack with Conc shot. haha.
    Thanks!

We 10man, 1 shot with 2 tanks. With the 3 adds, tank whatever you can, burn it all. Ranged and melee should know to kite if they get aggro from a specific type of add.

As important as Freya is her trash!

The small flower packs: Separate the large flower by any means possible from the smaller ones, shockwave small ones and kite the large one with earthbind/frost trip works well (small flowers are untankable). Purge/dispel large flower. Once large flower is dead, its GG on small flower.

4 packs aren't bad, just use as much CC as possible - sleep, repent, trap, sap, fear, etc. Face dragons away from the raid.

2 Packs with large tree - Seperate large tree from the nymph - burn nymph. Once nymph is dead the large tree needs to be taunted off due to a movement debuff placed on the tank.

First Elder, right side on entrance - As he gains ironfist and crushes bones he moves slowly, he should be kited when this happens (tank swaps don't work!)

Back right elder, tank & spank as far as I could tell

Back left elder, move him out of the sunbeams and keep DPS on him.

I apologize if this is mentioned in the video, I can't watch it at work! Oh, and Freya's aggro radius is HUGE! We missed our 'undying esque' achievement because he puller her on trash

Can't wait to try it out! How many times did you guys attempt this before you got it right?
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

My guild downed her in 10 man last night and our stategy for the group of 3 was to ff the storm lasher and the water spirit down to about 10% each, then ff the snaplasher until it was dead and then to aoe the remaining 2 down. It took a few attempts before everyone was able to do this correctly but after everyone got it down it was a very reliable way of bringing all three down without having to kite the snaplasher around.

An interesting note is that in 10 man the snaplasher doesnt necessarily have to be kited. Once the debuffs get stacked up a tank can keep it basically frozen in place by using aoe attacks while out of melee range from it.

It is also a lot easier to reset in 10 man than 25 man, simply because less people are attacking it. I never had to call for a reset simply because it falls off on its own in 10

+ Reply to Thread