+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB more Prot Dps help

WTB more Prot Dps help

hey all, iv always been low on teh Dps while tanking, but then i see the new U.A spec... try it out and my dps went up yes. but anyhting i can do with gear wise to get it up more? thanks

im doing aroun 1500 DPS with ua and 900ish with deep Prot spec

The World of Warcraft Armory

hmm your armory shows you in prot gear but arms spec so ill ignore it. make sure your at the expertise soft cap of 27. You will need some hit rating figure around 4% minimum.

900 dps with 15/5/51 that is extremely low. The only reason for that would be your rotation and a complete disregard for heroic strike.

on fights like patchwerk or any boss that hits very hard you should have HS queued up almost non stop. You literally want to have only a few melee swings the rest spent using heroic strike.

Also make sure you never miss a sword and board proc.. and If a fight lasts over 4 minutes you should have atleast 4 conc blows worked into your rotation.. a 3 minute fight should have 3 etc.

Armory forum -> that way.

read rules please.

moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Armory forum -> that way.

read rules please.

moved.

I apologize, thought it was a DPS thing. Thank you for moving it.

For my rotation, shield slam, revenge off cool down, shock wave, thunderclap, conc blow, also am spamming heroic strike every chance I can w/o depleting my rage. I have my heroic strike set on mouse wheel key binding so even while I'm casting shield slam, revenge, I still am casting heroic strike. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

The big thing I think is your expertise rating. Get those last few points to 27 should help. You also may want to stick the +10% block damage meta gem in a separate agro hat. Other than that just keep polishing your rotation.

I normally do about 1500 DPS in DW over a raid, much higher this last week when I went UA on the bosses (I think I was just over 2k DPS for the raid).

I don't see Devastate in your list. Make sure you're getting those sunders up, and using Devastate for your SnB procs.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/4...tml#post191505

That's a list of moves by dps when taken in a vacuum. The two links will help give you some pointers on how to order them when taken altogether.

yeah i always have my sunders up, but u guys are saying by getting my soft cap my DPS is gonna go up 500 points? i know its depends on boss but last night i did VoA new boss and it was still only 1500 DPS im sure with my main spec it would have been much much lower

as far as gear, im just looking for Soft cap? thanks again

+ Reply to Thread