+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ulduar Hodir

Quote Originally Posted by Surmaaja View Post
    Proplems with enrage timer is propaply cause people fail to use the npc provided buffs correctly.

If I could ask you to elaborate on this statement. My guild is also having a hard time on hodir for some reason. I run about 8 melee (tanks included) 5-7 healers and 10-12 ranged dps/casters. We are hitting the enrage timer everytime we pull hodir and getting him between 5-10% when we get there. I have divided the casters into group for crit buff usage and toasty fire, I break out mages first and what not I use a single tank in FrResist gear 4 pieces, I get very few if any flash freeze fails. I keep hearing and seeing vids of casters doing 9k+ dps and Im not getting those results so any advice on how to utilize the buffs better or to help my caster dps increase is appreciated.

Firstly how long do you spend getting the mages free after each flash freeze? Correct me if i'm wrong but i think Flash Freeze is on something like a 40-45 sec CD. So to gain real beenfit from any of the NPCs you need to break them out in like 1-2 seconds max.

Secondly the Toasty fire stacks a spellpower buff on Hodir, it stacks to 30 so initally you want to get it on him asap, so that's all the casters using quick spells to stack it. Once it's up then they can break into a normal rotation. Assuming your quick at releasing the mages after each flash freeze you can keep the buff up throughout the fight.

The crit buff just needs to be spread around your DPS who would benefit most from additional crit. Liberally applying it to the mages wouldn't hurt.

Having your tank use FR gear is a major plus, it really smoothes out the frozen blow damage and the healers can work at keeping the raid alive. This in turn allows your DPS to not have to use FR gear.
    Last edited by Mr.Winkle; 07-14-2009 at 04:58 AM.

Defense cap???

I was curious for the Hodir fight in Ulduar does the tank still need to be Defense capped at 540? I have 3 peices of the Icebane gear from Blacksmithing I have not socketed it yet I feel even if I do I will not be Defense capped. I was wondering if there anything I should do to hit Defense cap in frost gear or is it not that big of a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 1sac View Post
    I like the addons , and i would like to know what is the name of the raidbar addon and the spellbars and buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Destructocon View Post
    I was curious for the Hodir fight in Ulduar does the tank still need to be Defense capped at 540? I have 3 peices of the Icebane gear from Blacksmithing I have not socketed it yet I feel even if I do I will not be Defense capped. I was wondering if there anything I should do to hit Defense cap in frost gear or is it not that big of a deal?
    You only need to be capped if you want to be crit-immune. So, if you like being ripped to shreds, no.

Gem for defense if you need to, ignoring socket bonuses. If it's the belt, add a belt buckle. If you are a JC, use one of your Dragon's eyes in there.

I haven't decided which piece of FR to use yet, as we have 2 pallies, so one of us will have up FR aura, and a shaman, so, totem is there. All of the FR pieces replace a piece that have (for me) a huge chunk of def. What I may do, is grab my Repelling charge, put that on in place of a stam trinket, and put on the belt. Trying to stay def-capped, and still keep up my other stats is an interesting venture in math.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

+ Reply to Thread