+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Hodir

Ulduar Hodir

Note: We really didn't get a chance to confirm the starlight was buffing melee attack speed. The debuff text makes it appear to be the case, but I can't say it with certainty.

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:42 AM.

A great boss for tanks to get in a nap.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

A nap? lol

We did 10s last night, didn't have much problem with Flame Leviathan once the kiting strategy was figured out, but Ignis and his trash gave us fits for about an hour.

First off, the Molten Colossi were a bit tricky to get positioned correctly, but after a little LoS tweaking they dropped pretty quickly. Healers were screaming about how they couldn't heal without getting stunned... was quite funny actually. Nice to see those all-too-familiar "placement is important" fights (BWL ring a bell?) back in action.

The Magma Ragers were the only real problem we had. Once tornados were spawning in pairs, things got crazy quickly. Note to warrior tanks... if you're tanking a Magma Rager and a tornado is really really close to one, DO NOT CHARGE BACK. I had a hellish time training my fingers to NOT press Charge once I was airborne, only to get one swipe in before being flung across the room again. Fun mobs, but a real headache if you can't deal with them properly. Don't tank em against a wall either... bad times.

The other mobs in the room are no challenge, really. Just clean-up duty before pulling Ignis.

I think we tried to make the fight more complicated than it should have been. I couldn't find a good Ignis movie prior to our attempts, and my understanding was that the Constructs needed to be kited thru the scorched areas until they gain the x20 stacks and turn Molten, then drag them to the water to be shattered. Well, I kept getting burned to death trying to kite them into the flame without getting hit myself... the flames tick for ~3k and the mobs hit for 2-3k too... not much to worry about unless you only have 2 healers who are already preoccupied with the MT's healthpool. It was a flaming wipefest, LOL.

Can't wait to see this movie... load the damn thing already! :P

Edited cause I'm retarded for posting in the wrong damn thread. LOL
    Last edited by Radhja; 06-02-2009 at 07:34 PM.

I didn't find Hodir to be one I could sleep through b/c of the movement, but he certainly wasn't dangerous to anyone. We killed him on our second pull which means we're not 100% sure on some of the mechanics.

Radhja, wrong thread. Ignis movie is up!

When we pulled the boss (had already killed him on PTR), I was slain almost immediately and just laid there, exhausted, watching them kill him. It's an inside joke to myself, deal with it!
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Movie up! Normally I edit videos to the length of the audio, but I kept the full kill in for this because the fight looks amazing. Donors should be able to download all of today's movie within ~10 minutes.

Can't wait to try this guy out! As a side note, Hodir requires one tank so if your other tanks have seperate sets of gear and/or dual specs, whip them out!
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Doing him tonight, cider you said you did use 2pc of FrR and the raid wore some? which did you use and is it absolutely necessary as MT?

It really doesnt matter which two peices you use as long as you stay above Def cap. I would believe it's nessicary with 30000-40000 extra damage coming in the next swing(s).

Our dk resisted ~20k with aura (10 man) with pala aura

If you want to give your raiders a quick overview of the fight - while it doesn't contain every abilities, it gives the average raider an idea about what to do, and when to do it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4lpiRxHeI]YouTube - How To: 3D Hodir[/ame]

i did the 10man last week MTing with 0 FrR and the raid had 0 FrR, only used the pally aura. I'm very well geared and we had 3 pretty amazing healers, but it really didn't feel all that scary, we 2 shot him with no problems. The 10 man definitely feels very lighter on MT damage.

Might be a good idea to turn on Omen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderhelm View Post
    Might be a good idea to turn on Omen.
    A troll? on Tankspot? Nice name....

I have done this guy a dozen times and I have never seen the smaller runes for the normal non flash freeze snow. And while I can see the pillar of flame on ignis I cannot see the actually black burnt ground either.

Any advice?

I have my graphics maxed and it alternates pulsing pillar and black ground, not sure if its supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    I have done this guy a dozen times and I have never seen the smaller runes for the normal non flash freeze snow. And while I can see the pillar of flame on ignis I cannot see the actually black burnt ground either.

Any advice?
    Go into video settings, make sure Projected Textures is enabled.

I have no idea why they defaulted that off.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    A troll? on Tankspot? Nice name....
    Spiderhelm, Spiderhelm
    Hey whatever, it's Spiderhelm
    Kinda dumb, kinda lame
    But he's really famous in a video game
    Look out! Wait nevermind it's just Spiderhelm
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Spiderhelm, Spiderhelm
    Hey whatever, it's Spiderhelm
    Kinda dumb, kinda lame
    But he's really famous in a video game
    Look out! Wait nevermind it's just Spiderhelm
    I'll admit, I LOL'ed at work reading this. Well played Lore.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

so does it matter at which 2 pieces of frost res gear you need for 25? or is it 3 i need? ( warrior MT )

Our tank is suiting up for Wednesday's hopeful attempt and he has 3 peices. But if you can't work around the def cap, keep it at 2
    Last edited by Gertiploiss; 04-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread