Our Developed Ignis Strat:
In order to simplify the encounter we took advantage of Scorch's Primary Mechanics. Mainly how it is immediately banished when cast into a pool.
To begin the fight the tank aggro's Ignis and pulls him to the tanks initial position (T1). Ignis should be standing on the X and facing the entrance of the boss room.
By this time (or within a few seconds) Ignis will begin to cast in the area shown the first Scorch.
Once cast the tank will move to (T2) and tank him there while the OT manages the adds.
The MT will allow Ignis to burn one scorch in the pool as shown. Due to the Duration of scorch, the origional scorch will still be active till just before Ignis casts his 3rd scorch. 6 or so seconds prior to him casting his third scorch the MT should turn ignis back to the (T1) position facing the door allowing him to refresh the initial scorch.
After that it is a rinse and repeat alternating every other scorch and refreshing it when it depletes
1. Due to the minimal amount of movement of Ignis Mele DPS will not have to reposition themselves. Hence, increasing the amount of DPS that they can generate within the encounter.
2. Ranged and Healers should never have to move at all. (Unless thrown into his belly.)
3. When an individual has spent their time within the belly of ignis they will be placed in the water pool upon leaving the pot. This is beneficial because (in the off chance) that ignis is casting scorch, it will be negated by the water. Hence, saving the victim from taking any unecessary additional damage.
4. Ignis's left side is left clear at all times. When a victim is released from the pot they can safely avoid ignis in that direction. (this may be a mute point)
5. The shortened path between Scorch and the pool reduces the distance the adds need to be carried while they are molten.
1. Due to how scorch is set up the OT will have to do a lot of movement amongst the raid to pick up adds on the other side of ignis.
2. Just as a precautionary thing the OT needs to ensure that when he transforms a molten construct into a brittle one he is at least 5 yards away from the MT to negate any damage caused from the construct after exploding hence, hurting the MT. (this however is very simple to avoid)
Before the encounter with ignis we all watched several videos on youtube. We did not base this strategy on anything similar to what we watched. Although someone probably has already discovered this we had no prior knowledge of this particular strat. And if you have already figured this out and are reading this then Good on ya! Because it is Win.