+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Ulduar Ignis the Furnace Master

The problem there, Pyrea, is that Ignis gains additional attack power for each add that is alive. If you're not killing them, then he's eventually get enough stacks to one-shot the tank... unless you have sufficient dps to burn him before he gets that far. But if you have sufficient dps, you shouldn't have a problem shattering the adds.

You usually don't get one shotted really the problem is if you straffe late when he does the new fire spot that damage or fall damage from being tossed up combined with him at new increased damage will kill you.

Even standing in the pond doesn't stop the first tick of the fire spot before it extinguishes from what I have been told but I am sure someone can confirm.

Each add is only 20% extra damage so you can easily work out how many adds you can tolerate by watching your HP but the extra damage from the fire spot and falls you can't easily factor. That said a tank with good trinket and shield wall control should be able to negate those 2 events but thats the weakness it all hinges on the tank keeping damage down and dps killing him before add numbers get out of control.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    and dps killing him before add numbers get out of control.
    And if your dps can do that, trust me it can kill the brittle adds

Just another question =)

Hi,
    I have a problem with the ignis encounter.
    With my 10man grp we approach ignis with the 4 point taktik just like in the video on this site. Now we have started the 25man cause we finally have enought people again for doing so but there is 2-3 player's that find a 3 point better ,which happens to be the 2 guild leader's an the raid leader, by simple just turning ignis. first encounter we had was under my lead using this 4 point and he went down after the 2nd try,first try to get used to the taktik. But now they have the lead again an insist on 3 point which leaves us every time not making the encounter and people are getting board of not making it. but the leaders wont let of the 3points.
    My question>What are the advantages in the 4point?
    Just so i can argue with good enought reason to do this in 4points rather than 3.Its not just my opinon that ignis goes down better than that taktik.
    They pritty hard headed our leader's =)
    MFG
    Corosan

Easy mode. We use 2 tanks (me, paladin, and a druid) with 40K or better HP (buffed). I just pick up adds and tank them right behind Ignis so I can get a good 40 whacks in as well. We tank Ignis with the MT in the water, so when he scortches, it is put out immediately. I usually end up with around 6-8 (I have done up to 12 before all of our 10 man was 25 man geared) adds before he dies. This likely won't work for 25 man, but this is how I have always done 10 man. As long as you have strong DPS able to down him in the time alotted for the speed kill (or maybe a bit over) you can easily just tank all of the adds. On a well geared tank if they hit you, they don't hit that hard.

Can someone please tell me how much dps you need for range and melee to kill this boss? My guild dpsers can produce 3k to 3.5k in naxx 25 on patch but none of them can produce more than 2.8k in uld10 especially this boss. why?
    How much healing lvl do you need for this boss?

Your dps should be easily able to produce higher numbers on ignis, 1 reason why they might not be able to get higher numbers is that your raid is moving to much.
    On the first page i believe there is a picture and very indepth description of how to do this encounter easily.

also your castes may be getting silenced by casting a spell when ignis uses his silence (cant remeber the name off the top of my head"

healers in naxx 25 gear are easily good enough to heal this fight on 10man.

good luck

fire damage

hey

atm my guild have done 5 of the ulduar bosses, as we are casual, so the time we have to move through these are limited so we would like to get as much done as possible

we have attempted ignis in the ways above and in the end just went for the 'i will put myself in the water,stack behind and nuke' approach.

due to our usual tanking duo where missing we had 2 frost Dk's, My question is:

would hungering cold effect the adds, as when they are becoming alot to handle for the off tank, he could pop that and give himself a few seconds to get back in position etc or are they immune? i ask this because of the rooting that can be put on them but unsure whether other CC spells could be used on them aswell.

TY

yup, hungering cold works if i rem well, but if they are getting swarmed or your DPS is low or they need more gear.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Corosan View Post
    Hi,
    I have a problem with the ignis encounter.
    With my 10man grp we approach ignis with the 4 point taktik just like in the video on this site. Now we have started the 25man cause we finally have enought people again for doing so but there is 2-3 player's that find a 3 point better ,which happens to be the 2 guild leader's an the raid leader, by simple just turning ignis. first encounter we had was under my lead using this 4 point and he went down after the 2nd try,first try to get used to the taktik. But now they have the lead again an insist on 3 point which leaves us every time not making the encounter and people are getting board of not making it. but the leaders wont let of the 3points.
    My question>What are the advantages in the 4point?
    Just so i can argue with good enought reason to do this in 4points rather than 3.Its not just my opinon that ignis goes down better than that taktik.
    They pritty hard headed our leader's =)
    MFG
    Corosan
    Biggest advantage to 4 point in my opinion is smooth kiting. You can kite to the next position without having to path through an existing scorch field. Additionally, the scorch field always has a side near the pool so the OT can bring the Molten add quickly to a pool before the Molten-ness wears off.

As far as downside to 3 point positioning, it really depends what 3 points you're using. If you're doing it against the wall and kiting in more of a 3 position arc, then only downside I see might be getting the Molten add to the pool quickly enough.

Here's a better question to answer. Why is your three point strategy NOT working? There's nothing inherently *wrong* with either approach. What generally kills the raids are casters getting silenced by flame jets, Loose Adds or add tank dying to Molten adds (which hit MUCH harder). Identify the actual problem you're having and fix that. It may be unrelated to your positioning of Ignis.

I know its a bit late to post an alternative on this encounter on 10 man. During one of our runs when we were melee heavy and didn't have the ranged critter for destroying the adds we resorted to the tank/spank method of tanking him in the water.

Positioning:
    One Tank tanks the boss standing in the water.
    Healers/Casters/Melee all in Melee range just behind the boss.
    Hunters slightly behind them.

Dealing with Adds:
    In the early days before ToC we used to have one hunter MD the adds onto the MT. Lately I've become more confident at this and have begun checking for adds and taunting them off as they get closer to the group.

Flame Jets:
    In this strategy the only thing to note is that when Ignis casts Flame Jets you still get tossed in the air. When this happens the adds have a tendency to come behind you. To avoid unmitigated blows on you from behind you'll have to step back a little.

This works very well for me as a protadin. I'm thinking its the benefits of having a block set that keeps the damage under control. As adds increase the damage gets more spiky and you'll be forced to use your CDs. But generally the easiest path to Stoking the Furnace for a melee heavy group.

+ Reply to Thread