+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Ignis the Furnace Master

Went into 10 man last night for the first time, I personally took it upon myself to read up on this fight and watch the videos. We got the hang of the golems, but it seems that the flame jets are just smoking us. Anyone have any ideas on how to avoid this or is there some sort of trick to avoid getting hit by them at all?

Improved Ignis Strat

Our Developed Ignis Strat:

In order to simplify the encounter we took advantage of Scorch's Primary Mechanics. Mainly how it is immediately banished when cast into a pool.

To begin the fight the tank aggro's Ignis and pulls him to the tanks initial position (T1). Ignis should be standing on the X and facing the entrance of the boss room.

By this time (or within a few seconds) Ignis will begin to cast in the area shown the first Scorch.

Once cast the tank will move to (T2) and tank him there while the OT manages the adds.

The MT will allow Ignis to burn one scorch in the pool as shown. Due to the Duration of scorch, the origional scorch will still be active till just before Ignis casts his 3rd scorch. 6 or so seconds prior to him casting his third scorch the MT should turn ignis back to the (T1) position facing the door allowing him to refresh the initial scorch.

After that it is a rinse and repeat alternating every other scorch and refreshing it when it depletes

Benefits:

1. Due to the minimal amount of movement of Ignis Mele DPS will not have to reposition themselves. Hence, increasing the amount of DPS that they can generate within the encounter.

2. Ranged and Healers should never have to move at all. (Unless thrown into his belly.)

3. When an individual has spent their time within the belly of ignis they will be placed in the water pool upon leaving the pot. This is beneficial because (in the off chance) that ignis is casting scorch, it will be negated by the water. Hence, saving the victim from taking any unecessary additional damage.

4. Ignis's left side is left clear at all times. When a victim is released from the pot they can safely avoid ignis in that direction. (this may be a mute point)

5. The shortened path between Scorch and the pool reduces the distance the adds need to be carried while they are molten.

Disadvantages:

1. Due to how scorch is set up the OT will have to do a lot of movement amongst the raid to pick up adds on the other side of ignis.

2. Just as a precautionary thing the OT needs to ensure that when he transforms a molten construct into a brittle one he is at least 5 yards away from the MT to negate any damage caused from the construct after exploding hence, hurting the MT. (this however is very simple to avoid)

Additional Note:
    Before the encounter with ignis we all watched several videos on youtube. We did not base this strategy on anything similar to what we watched. Although someone probably has already discovered this we had no prior knowledge of this particular strat. And if you have already figured this out and are reading this then Good on ya! Because it is Win.
    Last edited by Sapemuboja; 04-28-2009 at 06:32 PM.

very nice tips. on 10 man we just burn him and ignore adds. as long as u can kill him under 5 min works out pretty easily.

I believe the 10-man version has received a stealth nerf. Last night our OT noticed that adds only need 10 stacks of Scorch to go molten. This used to be 20 which required a lot more time in the fire and made it much more challenging overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    I believe the 10-man version has received a stealth nerf. Last night our OT noticed that adds only need 10 stacks of Scorch to go molten. This used to be 20 which required a lot more time in the fire and made it much more challenging overall.
    I think that was mentioned in some patch notes somewhere. We will try it this week sometime. Since on our first few attempts (10 man) we didn't have a druid for roots our poor OT had to stand there in the fires. This should help a lot since it was usually him or me that died first.

My guild killed Ignis 10 Man with Ciderhelm strat, we tried Leviathan one but it was kind of awkward to do (maybe raid setup I guess) but killed him one shot the day we tried Cider's one.

In 10 and 25 man we just use 2 tanks, one on Ignis and one grabbing adds. Prot paladins on the boss and I (warrior on adds). I keep sunder, demo, tc up on the boss and only pull off the boss to grab the add that spawns. With 44k hps I am able to tank 8 adds without much trouble. I do use shockwave every CD by stepping back and making sure all are clumped and stunning them only when I have more then 4 adds on me though.

Raid is stacked directly behind the boss so melee do not have to move when he charges a ranged. Burn heroism/blood lust after a few DPS have the slag pot buff.

Honestly after doing it by making adds molten and doing it this way it's just much easier. Of course you have to have decent DPS after about 4 min 30 seconds the Ignis tank is going to take some pretty heavy burst damage.

DK add-killing

Quote Originally Posted by Gertiploiss View Post
    One of the other known strats is to kite them using Chains of Ice from a DK. While this does make it a little less reliable and the tank on the constructs might still need to take some fire damage, it greatly reduces the time in which the tank does have to stand in the flame. I have not tested this out, but another alternative stratagey would be to use Hungering Cold which may work as well.

10 man encounter is extremly overtuned though. We wiped 21 times until we realized that the top guild on our server had disposed of Yogg-saron, but not of Ignis.
    What we did was a very reliable way of destroying the adds, but lower DPS
    we used a DK OT and a DK dps to chain the adds in the fire(first one chains and then the other) and then the DK DPS would pull the molten add into the water and alert the mage. that way the OT can run to the next add quickly. This method is very dangorous though, because when the DK dps dies the OT will die too probabally(which is exactly what happened lol) I pugged thsi and we got him down to 1200K and continuing tomorrow. A well geared guild with a druid can probabally 1-shot him, he's not that big of a deal lol
    I really only recommand this if you don't have a druid capable of rooting(like us)
    Last edited by lennygel666; 05-05-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: forgot to say something lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
    Actually, if you're basing the argument that this is an exploit because you think taking advantage or pathing isn't intended then it does make your point invalid. If you had to do a great number of encounters like the ones I listed (hell, I'll even include Morgrim from SSC before they nerfbatted the hell out of that place) back then it was still progression raiding and couldn't grossly outgeared, then you'd be laughing at someone who said that too. It's possible that Blizzard didn't intend for this method. But it certainly wouldn't be the first time a similar method was widely considered the way it was done by the majority of the raiding community.

The simple fact is that this kill is very efficient, doesn't have a restrictive requirement for raid composition other than some form of snares, requires minimal movement of ranged and healers, and greatly reduces raid dmg compared to the other ones being used at the moment stands on it's own.
    This really isn't the place to argue like this - I find it borderline exploit because nearly all of the encounter mechanics dangers is negated and mainly because you can't use all 4 ledges. It's a brilliant solution, that I don't argue with, but the fight is easy enough without doing it (except some really obscure raid-composistions) so why not have fun instead of another tank'n'spank enounter

Not sure but i Havent seen anyone say this on any forums but if the main tank stacks the Scorches on the ground then the Golems take extra stacks of the Debuff. When it was still needed to stack to 20 we would get them to molten in 10 seconds. so now with only needing 10 stacks it a lot faster.

just a notice

today i tried on a 10man i put on my epic lvl 70 fire resistance set getting with the aura 350 fire resistance as a prot pala since i was grabbing the construct and it came to my notice that i really didnt get hit that much by the scorches on average i resisted 750dmg per tick with maximums of 1200dmg inside the scorches the only downfall on this was that i had less hp and the constructs hit me for 3k instead of the 1500ish though it seemed way easier this way then in normal tank gear .. just wanted to bring it to notice
    Last edited by Pudge; 05-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.

I have a small problem in healing, hope some one could help me out.

I'm a Disc priest, so my duty was on tank, some times raid heal little if raid healer not keeping up.

But the problem I see is:

1. When a player got potted, our raid healer couldn't pick him up fast, so we end it up like 98% potted player dies.

2. When one adds down, a new add will pop up in the middle of the raid, some of our healer die to it and I don't know why lolz

It is very easy to pick up any one in 10 man raid, because the list is very short, but when this happen in 25 man raid, picking up some one from the list when he got potted it is impossible without any addon / Ui / macro etc, could some one point me to a good direction to resolve this issue? Like a macro or UI or any thing I can use to pick up the potted player quick!?

Many thanks =)

1. If your raid healer isn't getting heals off fast enough, have him switch to faster heals. If it's because he isn't seeing who gets put in the pot the instant it happens have them use a healing UI that shows debuffs such as Grid and make sure they add the debuff so they see it instantly. If they can see who has it right away are using fast heals, and can't react fast enough, replace them and find someone who can get it done.

2. Adds don't pop in the middle of the raid. There is a lot going on and a lot of the room obscured by either the boss or the scorch animation, but the adds all come from 1 of the 4 spots where the dormant ones are standing. Having an add tank who's watching to see where they come from each time is a must. There is an emote when he activates a new one. They need to be paying attention.

So yes, raid healing without a solid UI is insane. As mentioned earlier I like Grid for that reason. Combined with click2cast or clique you'll be a healing machine as soon as you get accustomed to the interface and set up a full list of debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfist View Post
    Not sure but i Havent seen anyone say this on any forums but if the main tank stacks the Scorches on the ground then the Golems take extra stacks of the Debuff. When it was still needed to stack to 20 we would get them to molten in 10 seconds. so now with only needing 10 stacks it a lot faster.

Constructs only need 10 stacks now to become molten. was changed for 10man at least. havne't done this boss on 25man yet so i don't know how he differs. Encounter is quite easy after the changes. Trash before him is still some of the hardest though =(
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

10 stacks on 25's too if it hasn't already been posted.

In my guild, we've downed Ingis with very little problems even before the nerf. After our initial kill of Ingis, we have yet to wipe on him again. We have a MT Pally on Ingis while our OT DK is on golems. We run 3 healers but the cool thing is the OT kites and kills the golems by him self. He uses chains of ice and then kites to the water, once brittle he 5k crits the golem himself. All he ask for is a few heals here and there, everyone else is on Ingis.
    -So I just stand in the corner and take all the damage?
    -Correct, your the tank.
    -I'm going to go re-roll

Have any of you had an Unholy DK(with at least 1 point in desecration) on the constructs ? Last night, the stacks werent building up sequentially no matter what and believe me i experimented on all possible positions in the scorch.

The construct stacks were like : 1,2,3,2,3,4,5,4,3 ...

My guess is that Desecration is somehow going over the scorch tick preventing the stacks to build normally. This was never an issue before the nerf btw. Unfortunately this possibility only occurred to me after raid end so i didnt get a chance to try as frost.

I'm really struggling with the Constructs. Any tips for a warrior tank designated onto these? (25man)

I am going to look into building up a trash tanking build which I can put Piercing Howl in which I am hoping will help on this boss.

I was struggling with visibility firstly, but was then struggling to keep the constructs inside the scorch effectively.

Any ideas?

We downed his on the 4th try the other night (10 man), i was OTing as a DK, i found the best way to deal with the adds, was to simply pick them up, kite them over to the scortched area run in it, Chains of Ice the golem, jump back over them and position my self on the edge of the scortched area with them remaining inside and me not.

Then I simply kited them to the water, turned them brittle and called out on vent for a shammy to finish them off once i'd got a safe distance from the golem!

It worked well for us, also we assigned 3 healers in the fight!! Disc priest on the MT, Resto druid watching the raid, and Holy Pally on me (the OT)

Also have back-ups in case a healer gets potted and cant reach their primary healing targets

As a follow up to my previous post i can now confirm that desecration was interfering with scorch on Ignis which prevented the stacks on the constructs from incrementing normally.
    Tried it last night as frost and all was normal.

+ Reply to Thread