+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Iron Council

Hey Ciderhelm

Hey Ciderhelm its Aradin from Rivendare. I am a pally tank working on progression this week in Ulduar with The Grand Crusaders. Been watching your videos and I am really liking them. I have also been looking for better ways to optimize my game play by using new mods to help me out more. I've noticed and have most of the same mods as you, but would like to know what health bar mod your using that you can set in the middle of your screen like that showing your own and your targets health.

Get back at me whenever you can and please share any help you can provide me. Thank you very much .

UI

Hey Cider, I'm really interested in the mod you use to show your current health pool and rage in numbers above your target and target/target

Edit: Nevermind, it was in the post right before this one. Thanks!

What was the addon used too see your health and the targets health?

My guild just downed these guys usin 3 tanks. Probably not ideal but we had 2 dk tanks and a pally tank. i tanked stormcaller by myself, and bein an unholy tank i was able to use my ghouls gnaw as an extra interrupt. So between mind freeze, strangulate, gnaw, and death grip when he was bein stubborn and wouldnt move out of the runes, it was very easy to keep him silenced almost the entire fight. the fight took a little longer bein down a dps, but overall it wasnt too tough

As a warrior tank, I open the pull with a charge and take Brundir and Molgeim. Our Paladin taunts Steelbreaker back to the entrance. It is incredibly easy for a Warrior to solo the two smaller bosses. After the initial pull, applications of Thunderclap and Demo Shout are enough to keep threat on the two while dps focus on the big guy. So During phase one, you sit back and just ready your interrupts. Shockwave, Bash, and Conc Blow work on both Chain Lightning and Whirlwind. Just be aware that Bash is your only instant there. Save Heroic Throw when he's standing in the rune and needs to be silenced.

Besides the dispel being important, having the tank strafe away from Steelbreaker is best. The mob really needs to get out of that rune fast when it appears under him. He moves somewhat slow and this doesn't help. Walking backwards is too slow and you don't want to put your back to him when he's on that rune. So set yourself up.

If ranged can stay next to the wall if at all possible, because of the death rune, it's usually helpful.

After wiping for a couple of nights in 10 man using 1 paladin tank on the smaller bosses and me (warrior) on Steelbreaker we decided to do it like this:

Paladin on Steelbreaker by the entrance (can dispell himself instantly)
    Warrior on Molgeim at the back left (Shield Slam removes his shield)
    Unholy DK tanks Brundir on the back right with a single resto druid healing both the warrior and the DK who takes very very little damage on this Brundir

It seems a bit overkill to do it with 3 tanks on 10 man but it works for us.
    Unfortunately we had to stop early for the night due to a DC but we've got this strat nailed and are looking forward to the kill on Thursday.

=)

As always thank you! We failed last night on this fight, but now I am going to have everyone in the raid come watch this before we go in. And as always the videos are great! Most people have to see the fight, they cant just listen and do what they are told =) tankspot is fail proof!

~*~Missnowflake~*~

so i have an idea for killing these guys in diffrent orders, but i was wondering.....

Do there healths reset after each one dies, or can you get all there health down to like 5-10% and then just pick them off in what ever order u want?

Quote Originally Posted by Szentia View Post
    After wiping for a couple of nights in 10 man using 1 paladin tank on the smaller bosses and me (warrior) on Steelbreaker we decided to do it like this:

Paladin on Steelbreaker by the entrance (can dispell himself instantly)
    Warrior on Molgeim at the back left (Shield Slam removes his shield)
    Unholy DK tanks Brundir on the back right with a single resto druid healing both the warrior and the DK who takes very very little damage on this Brundir

It seems a bit overkill to do it with 3 tanks on 10 man but it works for us.
    Unfortunately we had to stop early for the night due to a DC but we've got this strat nailed and are looking forward to the kill on Thursday.

bad strat.... your pally should have both Steelbreaker and Molgeim... while u are on Brundir interupting his stuff

Give this a try!

Hey all!! I thought I would put in my 2 cents and forgive me if this is repeated...!
    After wiping on Council about 9 times in 10 man we were wondering if the strategy above worked...we used a Warrior tank at the back on Runemaster and Stormcaller with a pally healer and I tanked Steelbreaker near the door with a holy priest on me and a drood healing grp and backing up the priest on fusion punch.
    By accident on the 10th try, I pulled Steelbreaker and Runemaster and left the Warrior with the little guy. We decided to ride it out and see what would happen and holy crap was it easy!! The Warrior and his pally healer were actually bored at the back and the 2 bosses I had went down like girls. It took some cute kiting to use the blue runes to the best of our advantage but over all this was the easiest way. Give it a try!

Great video. We actually did this in a organized pug, a mixture of 2 guilds when we attempted this. However due to the fact that we wernt entirely sure what we were in store for when each council member died or how we would be able to react to it. The rune circles and the lightning tendrils specifically. We dpsd molg and brun down to roughly 25-30% and then proceeded to take down steelbreaker from 100%-0. After taking down molg we popped hero and took down brun relatively easy.

question

the addon that you used Hp bar for boss and seemed like yours on the right what addon would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by popnfresh View Post
    Great video. We actually did this in a organized pug, a mixture of 2 guilds when we attempted this. However due to the fact that we wernt entirely sure what we were in store for when each council member died or how we would be able to react to it. The rune circles and the lightning tendrils specifically. We dpsd molg and brun down to roughly 25-30% and then proceeded to take down steelbreaker from 100%-0. After taking down molg we popped hero and took down brun relatively easy.
    The remaining ones gain their health back after you kill one of them so dpsing them is useless.

Okay, so, I know this thread is old, and I get the gist of the fight with a warrior tank. I've had several attempts made with a warrior tanking Brundir in the back, so I know how it goes.

What happens when you don't have a Warrior in the raid?

I'm leading a newly formed 10 man raid group through Uld on our way to ToC/ToGC. I've got two great pally tanks, great DPS, and working on the healers, but no Warrior to be found anywhere. Does Brundir's tank have to be defense capped? Or could I put my DPS DK in the back for a "3" tank setup? What about putting a Rogue in the back with the Pally tank, or does that kill the DPS on Stormcaller too much? I really feel like we have the interrupts between the DK, my Enhance shammy, and my Rogue, but I'm just not sure how hard Brundir hits or how quickly my DPS can down Stormcaller in the front.

Thanks in advance.

If the shaman could go Ele, and with proper placement, you could in theory have the shaman interrupting ranged while still DPSing other targets. I'd have the shaman make a macro to Windshear the Focus target (Brundir) with cast bars up.

To be honest, you can probably get away with not interrupting everything. When my guild was progressing through Ulduar we killed Brundir last, which meant I had him all to myself for the majority of the fight and it just wasn't possible to stop everything even as a warrior (well, I never got to crazy with warbringer).

The Brundir tank doesn't have to be D-capped, since he spends the majority of the time casting and if you lock him out of nature or silence him he doesn't melee for that hard (4 - 5k on plate I believe?).

But on 10-man if you have 3 healers and are killing Steelbreaker first you can afford to let a few (or more) lightning bolts get through. I would prioritize interrupting chain lightning in phase one. Then lightning whirl in phase 2 (you can't let those get through however). Remember he's stunnable and silenceable until phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    The Brundir tank doesn't have to be D-capped, since he spends the majority of the time casting and if you lock him out of nature or silence him he doesn't melee for that hard (4 - 5k on plate I believe?).
    Hmmm, how to convince my DPS warrior to let himself get punched in the face? We tried this a couple of times last night, it was getting late, and we were all tired. We still need to work on our positioning for heals and such.

I just wish some of our guildmates had more patience. The grumbling starts after 2 wipes, and bailout is widespread after 3. Any suggestions on that?
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Well our guild never had a warrior for any runs sofar in ulduar and it worked quite fine.

The strategy we use is 1 tankadine takes steelbraker at the entrance and the other tankadine gets the other 2 bosses in the back. He interrupts what he can, we get steelbreaker quickly down, i take molgein (forgot how to write it again we down him paying special attention to the green runes.

Than finaly we all go on brundir and our dk heps a lot with the interrups.

What might work is using a fellhunter for the interrupts on brundir

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    Well our guild never had a warrior for any runs sofar in ulduar and it worked quite fine.

The strategy we use is 1 tankadine takes steelbraker at the entrance and the other tankadine gets the other 2 bosses in the back. ...

What might work is using a fellhunter for the interrupts on brundir
    Well, what I have, is 1 DK tank, 1 Tankadin and one dps warrior. No warlock. So, we did try it again last night, and got Steelbreaker, and Molgeim down. The transition to Brunndir went badly, and we didn't get his lightning whirl interrupted. We just need a little more practice at them. 4 total attempts, and we did almost have it the last one. So, that's what we will concentrate on next week.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

+ Reply to Thread