+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Iron Council

Ulduar Iron Council

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Awesome. We skipped Iron Council and went straight to Kologarn. Now we know what to do when we pick up next =p

Movie is up.

/popcorn

Looking forward to this one. Great job on the videos so far. Though I will say a criticism I have is that you guys tend to down play some of the dangerous elements. Example: Kologarn 10 man hits like a freight train even without the stacking debuff. Was quite surprised to find out first hand.
    Last edited by Krashtork; 04-19-2009 at 03:04 AM.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Download is up for donors!

what raid composition did you use?

In that movie, two tanks. The first tank handled the Runemaster and Stormcaller at the same time in the back until Steelbreaker was dead.

The debuff that the tank gains from Steelbreaker, what school is it magic?

Yes, its dispellable by priests, anyway.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

It is worth mentioning you need to dispel fusion punch like as it is being cast it does really high damage to the steelbreacker tank (like you will die if you isn't being spam dispelled while he is casting it). I actually double tanked steelbreaker and the rune master without much problem in 10man.

its worth mentioning that this is one fight where warrior tanks are probably the best to have. warriors can stun just about every spell stormcaller try's to cast, and they are capable of keeping him stunned for quite a while.
    a warriors shield slam will also despell Runemaster's shield

Why didn't you have this up before last night T.T We got to Iron Council and decided to use 3 tanks Q_Q
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

we downed them last night, in 5 attempts. Really great fight.

A great set up on the two smaller adds is a wariror tank and a resto shamman. When Steelbreaker dies you guys can co-ordinate interrupts on lightning whirl and chain lightings. It is also very easy for EVERYONE to dodge the overload, i was tanking and could easily run out by the time it hit.

ALSO, while tanking brundir when he uses the lighting tenticles a tank can taunt him and people can just move from the tank
    Last edited by Beatzz; 04-19-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Hey im sure you have said it in the video but i dont have audio at work. when you get on phase 2 we only had a problem with the big green death runes. they usualy droped on our healers and they dont have enough time to get out. do we all need to be stacked for this,(damage reduce by more ppl in the deathrune)? we never saw a cast timer for it either looks like a instant cast...

It's an instant cast and Ciderhelm stated that you should spread out because it targets a specific player.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Like i said i cant hear any audio in the video cause i dont have any speakers at work.
    But we were spread out, but our problem was who ever was targeted did not have enough time to get out, or for our healers to try keep him up

Quote Originally Posted by Riftchoas View Post
    Like i said i cant hear any audio in the video cause i dont have any speakers at work.
    But we were spread out, but our problem was who ever was targeted did not have enough time to get out, or for our healers to try keep him up
    Awareness in this fight is key, hell every fight in ulduar requires it. Make sure healers are always focusing on them selves and raid, its a needed skill

we have been getting our asses handed to us for a few hours now by the council. we have been trying to run 2 tanks, druid/pally. will a warrior tank make a huge difference? we have gotten to phase 2 but not too far into it, we usually get eaten alive by the rune shield.

I didn't see this movie yet, but I bet it is pure golden and great.

Anyway, we killed Council yesterday on 25 man version. Big guy was tanked by our feral druid tank on the right in boss room and 2 other bosses were tanked by me (warrior tank) on the left side. After big guy was dead, feral tank took middle size guy away from me.
    It took us few attempts, but it was a lot easier fight than Deconstructor, at least for my guild.

Warrior tank is perfect for tanking those 2 smaller bosses. Shield bash, Concussion Blow, Shockwave, Revenge, Charge after Overload. I had one rogue who was assisting me on interrupts.

Fun encounter, I really like it and can't wait untill wednesday's reset.

Suggestion

My guild on Stormrage decides a bit better way (for us) of course to maximize dps on Steelbreaker, by increasing the chances for the rune to land under Steelbreaker. What we did was (With 2 tanks at our disposal for 10man content) we have our OT (Paladin) run in and aggro Molgeim and Brundir, while MT taunts Steelbreaker off of him and kites him to the entrance of the room. The OT then silences (with the assistance of a rogue) to the very back of the room (where he will stay and not move, due to not having a range on his chained lightning). Once Brundir is in positioned at the back, the OT then takes Molgeim to the front of the room with Steelbreaker, and we continue DPS on Steelbreaker. After Steelbreaker falls then you would resume as your video allready suggests. Provides to be alot more benefitial for the raid as a whole with only two tanks at the disposal of the strategy. Just a strategy that worked for us, and i'de like to see a TankSpot quality video illustrating this if you guys feel it would work better for you as well.

+ Reply to Thread