+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me frost tank

Help me frost tank

So I've almost always been an Unholy tank, but with the recent changes and the free respec waiting for me (haven't played my Dk since 3.1), I thought I might give frost a whirl. Just a couple questions... First off, how's this for spec?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Secondly, what should I do for a rotation? I know IT > BS > OB > BT > OB > Dump and repeat (not needing the BT after first cycle) used to be popular, but is dropping plaguestrike still a dps/tps increase? I've also heard of an interesting rotation based off the HB glyph where you do HB > OB > BS > BS > RP dump > OB > HB > OB > dump. Is this rotation any good, particularly with the icy touch nerf?

Lastly (and unrelated to frost), the unholy tree has changed significantly. If I decide to go back to unholy, how would the following spec look?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Really, now. You've been around here how long and never read the posting rules? Tsk.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Almost same spec as me.

HB>BS>BS>OB>FS w/ Runestrike macroed to it.

Glypth of OB
    Glypth of HB
    Glypth of RS (probally drop for Glypth of Unbreakable armor)

3200+ self buffed ap
    28 Expertise
    267 hit with food buff

I've had no problem with threat. Ran half a 25 man naxx since becoming frost spec. Running other half tonight.

Only problem is if you need the Def sigil. It only procs off of IT.

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings

+ Reply to Thread