+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Auriaya

So this past weekend my guild finally downed her. We had a Tankadin as MT and my DK (frost spec) OT. I dropped DnD just like I had seen done in 25man and of course we los the cats. We had tanks grab aggro and all melee/caster dps waited 5 secs just like patchwerk. We didn't split the cats up. Healers were pro so we burned down the cats. The MT died couple seconds after the guardian died the first time. We moved away from the void zone. There is isn't a reason to really los the guardian cause he still pounces as of this past weekend no matter where u position ur raid los or not. As I was tanking boss, soon as I seen the guardian pop up, I would taunt/death grip to get his attention and beat on him, pestilence to keep aggro on boss, HB, BB and burn him. Since I was targeting the defender (target of target) if he wasn't hitting me it was easy to grab his attention. After he died the 3rd time, boss wasn't almost dead to aoe dmg. So if your MT dies and the OT is tanking everything I would recommend the OT (when the guardian is up) focus on it only and use aoe dmg to keep aggro on boss. This imo saved my raid from dying from him. For the little adds that do spawn ensure u have an aoe attack of some sort ready. For dk's DnD, BB is sufficient. For frost dk's ensure HB is ready and if KM is up little adds die very quickly.

Source: bludwork
    I noticed one thing lacking in these boss strats is the group makeup or class specific details. It's always nice to learn that the hard way but it's maybe something tankspot could look into providing?

Our group consisted of:
    Tankadin- MT
    Frost dk (me)- OT
    Blood dk
    Blood dk
    Arcane mage
    Holy pali
    Resto druid
    Holy priest
    Balance druid
    Fury Warrior

Did this fight without seeing this video, did it almost the same.

Only difference was we used a hunterís trap to pull and a death and decay on the stairs to make sure the dk didnít get pounced as we didnít know the range.
    we also didnít worry about line of sighting any defenders we killed as the pounce wasnít a worry with 3 healers.

Good luck people

I agree... and Lore as well
    ~*~Missnowflake~*~

Again, might feel stupid on this, but I could be missing something. We have the pull down and killing the two sentries. We have dps switch to her and then the defender spawns. This is where issues start to occur. The defender will bounce around to different people. I continually toss out taunts as they are off cooldown and I try to stun her with Hammer as the fear goes off. I believe one of the issues is that range refuse to stack up so the defender is bouncing around all over the area out of melee range.

After we kill one we'll sometimes have the issue of someone getting stunned and the void hole on top of them, which causes issues. Like I said the thing that causes the most issues are the feral defender / people not wanting to stack up. We downed her last week, but got to her this week and had issues all over again.

Hello!

First let me say how much I enjoy the Tankspot-Videos. They are a huge help, when we run out of ideas.

We finally made it do Auriaya in the 25-man-version yesterday. It took as a while to figure out Kologarn

We had no problems with her in the 10-man-version, when we killed her weeks ago, and we found her to be pretty much a free-loot there, wondering why everyone would think she was so difficult. In the 10-man-version we make a very simple pull without tricks or tactics, take the two panthers and simply AOE them down.

We tried that in the 25-man-version yesterday and found the pull just as easy (and let me say, we are not really that good ). To avoid too much damage, we used a tank per cat and our MT obviously was on Auriaya. We were standing in a group in front of her, and we had an anti-fear-totem out (that's how we do it in the 10-man-version), but before we had all cats down, she feared us, we ran around, but not too long and afterwards, without knowing what happend, half of the Raid was dead.

We are not sure about what has killed us off, and we tried several times with the same result. What is it that she casts right after the fear and that makes so much damage on the raid?

Any kind of help is appreciated,
    hugs and kisses,
    Sahanya

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm German.
    Last edited by Sahanya; 06-01-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahanya View Post
    Hello!
    We are not sure about what has killed us off, and we tried several times with the same result. What is it that she casts right after the fear and that makes so much damage on the raid?
    I think you are having problems with Sentinel Blast... from WoWWiki:

Sentinel Blast - Inflicts 5500 Shadow damage and increases Shadow damage taken by 100% for 5 seconds. Stacks 5 times. It is interruptable. The ability has a pre-cast time in which Auriaya "sets up", and then a channeled portion in which the raid starts taking stacking damage. This cast seems to always follow the fear, so one player must have a fear break and an interrupt prepped and ready to go or this ability will wipe the raid.
    Ideal would probably be warrior to zerker rage and interrupt...

My guild just got to Auriaya recently and we had a few attempts but ran out of time. Good to have now read about it..........just one thing I noticed as a rogue though - well two:

(1) rogues can interrupt sentinel blast but cannot interrupt terrifying screech. Be careful not to try kick the screech so as to be on kick CD for sentinel blast.
    (2) the defenders are stunlockable. I'm not sure what other CC they are susceptible to but I have definitely locked one down for 10 seconds with a vanish>CS>KS chain when I noticed it was pouncing all over and owning our healers. If susceptible to stuns maybe they are susceptible to sheep/cyclone/fear? If so fearing them off (out of AoE range) and sheeping away from raid could be a bit of a winner > when they pounch back in pally/rogue stun them and fear off into more sheepage. Can anyone confirm whether these additional CCs work?

I suppose another method of dealing with defenders might be to just unleash a ret pally on them - i swear ive met ret pallies that could drop God in one HoJ :P

She is going down this week for sure........

Ideal would probably be warrior to zerker rage and interrupt...
    Yep. I just watch the timer on DBM...pop zerker rage a few seconds before the screech cooldown. Pummel and resume my rotation

Thank you guys for your quick help. We'll give her another go today, and I think I now understand what went wrong, so we'll be able to get her down today. Then we can see what Hodir will do to us

Quote Originally Posted by Mookey View Post
    2) By that time on footsteps of stairs in last zone (where her patrol ends) our shaman have planted totem but he is standing far away from us all out of LOS. If rogue's distract is resisted shaman just pull his totem away (this is problem with DND/Consecration/hunter trap - you cannot pull it off)
    If the trap is timed so that the cd is off before they approach it, laying another trap where the hunter/raid is will despawn the first one.

Got her down this week no real worries at all just by focusing the DPS on her and ignoring and healing through the defender..........but..........as a rogue i'm perplexed because every single time she uses an interruptable ability she also seems to fear >>> I spent my time running in the knowledge that I could be interrupting her next ability with kick. So - interrupts seemed kinda useless.

Went on to Freya and just started moving through that area - REALLY stoked to see an element of CC is not required on the packs in there (sheep/banish/sleep FTW). Old skool.

Quote Originally Posted by DrussUK View Post
    Got her down this week no real worries at all just by focusing the DPS on her and ignoring and healing through the defender..........but..........as a rogue i'm perplexed because every single time she uses an interruptable ability she also seems to fear >>> I spent my time running in the knowledge that I could be interrupting her next ability with kick. So - interrupts seemed kinda useless.
    Its a dev concession to try to keep warriors from being useless

As a shaman i came with the idea to pull her with a totem (like Earth Elemental) Eventually this was not needed because we downed her the 1st try of the evening (thank you tankspot )
    Does anny one know if this is a good idea? And if the shaman gets agro after his elemental dies?

And i saw that a lot of discussions are going on weather you should not kill the adds, we ignored the add completely and it just died because of aoe and retri aura. We decided to stay on the same spot, when the add came tank had instant agro. Fight went smooth as butter.

Just put a sentry totem instead. That will 'body' pull Auriaya and cats with the upshot that they'll have 0 threat on them making it incredibly easy for tanks to pick them up when they come running around the corner towards your group.

We've done totem pulls when we lacks DK's or Hunters. It works pretty well.

The Sentry add wipes aggro every few seconds so there's no point trying to tank it, as an OT I just do my best to keep it stunned. If it's doing too much damage then you should kill it since it gets weaker after it rezes.

We also use a totem pull most weeks - the shaman just has to be careful that he doesnt outrange his totem before the pull.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

In the absence of any of the pull options mentioned here we instead had our warrior tank pull with heroic throw while shield wall was up to mitigate the damage. Our pally tank then did his AOE taunt from the other side of the stairs and our warrior MT taunted the boss back immediately. We probably died 4 times before we figured this option out and managed a 2 shot after that.

Everyone here is talking about the initial pull. And rightly so..its a pain..

But we have now managed to find a solution that works for us and we can move in to the actual fight with either 100% or at least 99% of the raid still standing.

However the fight is still manic, uncontrolled and a real mess on 25 man version.

As we tend to have 6-7 melee as well as 7-8 ranged..we are having some issues with her movement and raid positioning.

All the melee dps is trying to run behind her whilst we are trying to keep the ranged stacked in the front. The defenders jump all over the place and one shot our clothies..whilst the melee are constantly trying to get behind her.

Do people just ignore the parry haste and nuke her melee dps from the front ? and power heal the tank ? or do u move your melee behind her also ?

A tactic for dps-ing position on 25 man would be useful.

We tend to kill 3 defenders then leave them be and nuke her ..but the amount she moves around makes life for our melee dps and trying to stay stacked a nightmare.

We know the sonic screech interrupts are required but for
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

if i may

as a pally tank i found the best way to pull her and her starting adds is for me to leave a concecrate on the circle were she pats to on either side of the platform. then right before she hits in i stand at top of stairs and pop a divine protection. the adds did like 2 k on normal and a lil more on heroic but it was nothing the healers couldnt handle. no one died and the fight was cake. just had to pop a 2 min cooldown to get the fight started and it was a really quick fight

where is the video on the pull it's self?

Quote Originally Posted by L3gacy View Post
    where is the video on the pull it's self?

At the bottom of the stairs where you go down from Kologarn's area.

+ Reply to Thread