+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Auriaya

Ulduar Auriaya

The major difference between this movie and the 25-man version is the way the pull is handled. Expect an addendum movie in the near future to cover the 25-man pull.

We have most of the rest of Ulduar in the planning and editing stage at the moment. Currently, our aim is a mix of 10 and 25-man movies and addendums anywhere the 10 and 25 mans differ. We'd like to have a full movie collection of Normal modes by the end of next week. Hard modes should be coming shortly after.

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Tease.

Movie is up!

I'm watching!
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

You mean my guild's method of just running someone out in front as a sacrifice wasn't the right way to pull her?
    Kyultu|<Clockwork>|Drak'Tharon|PVP
    Guild Leader, Raid Leader and Main Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kyultu View Post
    You mean my guild's method of just running someone out in front as a sacrifice wasn't the right way to pull her?
    Well, it depends entirely on how much you like said sacrifice... :P
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Well, it depends entirely on how much you like said sacrifice... :P
    I've found that the panthers have an especially developed taste for Boomkins.
    Kyultu|<Clockwork>|Drak'Tharon|PVP
    Guild Leader, Raid Leader and Main Tank

killing the feral defenders are COMPLETELY a waste of both DPS time and in terms of positioning as the void zone really messes with things.

In both 10 and 25 we just left it up the entire time and healed through whoever it was on. Its damage is so negligible I honestly do not recommend killing it unless you are going for the achievement.

edit: Out of attempts in which the tanks did not die on the pull, both 10 and 25 were 1shots. Actually, i take that back. We wiped on 10 man because we did not know about the void zone ahead of time and it killed 1/2 the raid. Never gave the defender a second look after that.

If using this strat make sure you have your tank focusing it and if it gets below 15ish % from random aoe have everyone stop any AOE and wait for a fear. After the fear call for a switch and have it killed outside the raid. This happened in the 25 but not in the 10. She was dead before it respawned.

No HQ version, is that intentional or just youtube functionality to publish the low-res version prior to the HQ being ready?

Edit: apparently just youtube that's slow, HQ is up now.
    Last edited by mwaf; 04-18-2009 at 08:05 AM.

^It takes them a while to encode a HD version. You cant just beat it into a web player with a baseball bat, it takes time

ciderhelm

ciderhelm m8 u r an absolute legend what wud i do without u.Keep up the good work wud be lost without ure info

We just oneshotted her in 10 man. I didn't understand why you should pull her out of line of sight for something, we just tanked her an moved when we had void zones. The Void Zones spawned "everywhere" because that add wasn't tankable at all.

I would recommend one tank for this fight since the adds aren't a big deal. Just burn her down!

The stairs don't provide a good way to get out of los of the defender. It pounces right over them.

Thought id finally resgister here to give my thanks to the whole community for all the help ive recieved by lurking around, so thank you for making me a better tank.

That being said, id like to throw in a few things I thought might be useful here.

When we pulled her, we had our hunter MD everything to me and the MT taunt the boss to her when she got in range.
    The problem we had with this was that i was on the opposite side of the stairs(out of LoS) as whoever is tanking in this vid, while our MT was where your tank was. For some reason, one add would hug the wall to get to me, but the other would be all the way on the opposite side of the stairs and pounce as soon as it saw me. I wanted to throw that in there for anyone who was thinking about doin it that way.

Pounce honestly didnt hit for that hard by itself, only about 5k or so, but right after he pounces, he melee swings for 11K or so.

Another thing i noticed in your video was that the add that comes up after you kill both of the initial adds didnt move much at all. Was that because you were all grouped up, or were you actually able to get aggro on him. I did everything i could to get and hold aggro, but he just would NOT stay on me.

We did finally get her down, but i agree that the pull is by far the hardest part of that fight.
    Last edited by Hellsown; 04-18-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Paragraphs

So the song is called, Lips of the Sun, how come I cannot find it on the Neo sounds website?

Hi, my guild just downed her last night on 10man.

We found that DPSing the Feral Defender was really a waste of time, so we got our OT to just tank it a wee bit behind the raid. It did die twice due to all the AoE nonsense like WW/Divine Storm.

We just eventually burned her down. Cool fight!

Is it possible to just offtank the Feral Defender in the 25man version?
    "In Soviet Russia, RAGE needs YOU!"
    "Even with Titan's Grip, it still takes two hands!"

We killed her on 10 man tonight too. Tried just offtanking the Defender, which was tricky as he flies around a bit. One thing our raid healers said was that after it died and respawned the first time (due to random AoE) the damage it did was significantly reduced.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

The defender seems mainly just annoyance to slightly deal pushback to all your casters :P

One thing I did notice is that you did not separate the two cats she patrols with on the pull. I thought they have some buff that increases their damage if they are closer than 20 yards together. When my guild did this boss, I MTed and initially took one cat, while the OT took another cat about 25-30 yards away and DPS burnt that one down first.

Registered just today to offer up some advice for this fight.

While the ledge in front of that section is short and doesn't always break line of sight with the Defender, if you look on the back wall just underneath the Shattered Ledge teleporter there is a much taller wall that can be used for the same purpose. This wall breaks LoS consistently, and doesn't rely on any stairs for it either.

As long as the raid is careful not to cancel any heals by moving around it, I think this wall a likely a better bet.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7158/auriayaledgeu.jpg

Why so weird..

We just stood in the path where she's going to walk ( as 1 big group )
    When she's close enough we have the hunter Multishot MD, while the OT AOE taunts ( warrior ), just to be safe.

He then shieldwalls + Gets a CD from a healer. This way we form 1 big AOE puddle of insane dmg ( we had 2 DK's )

A bit over the top? yes, but works perfectly.
    Last edited by Lyco; 04-19-2009 at 12:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread