+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Razorscale

Quote Originally Posted by LxDraco View Post
    Also i have a question about the turrets coming up, it seems you stress moving quickly on the final turret to get her down is this because of the raid wide dmg from the aoe fire patches or is this because... in my experience the mole machines come much more frequently upon that final turret being ready. their numbers often become so large its difficult to gather them, keep the tanks up and avoid the aoe fire patches all at once.

I wouls agree, i dont know if its true tht when you have 3 turrets launched the add come faster or what. Maybe were jsut gettin really bad luck with this. (Frenzzee-us-arathor)

From my experiences on razor in 25 at least, is that the adds stay the same as the forth turret becomes available.
    Our guild usually waits on activating it until the adds are just about dead and before another wave spawns so we don't have to worry about them during the burn phase to maximize dps when boss is grounded.

Hey, seems a fair few ppl are having the same probs we are in 10 man with there being a LOT of adds spawning at once. The first 2 waves, not a problem. However then we seen to get 3-5 mole machines at once (as left hand tank i've spotted 3 in front of me a couple of times), which is also pretty much on the harpoon ready time. And we can't cope. If any of ya have suggestions of coping with this they'd be appreciated.

This has being our brick wall, like 2-3 days of wipping in this guy in 25m, we tried several ways, splitting raid in 4, 3 and finally 2 is the best way, left and right, after losing tanks by WW of sentinels (hits for 30k on a Naxx25 geared tank), losing ppl to chian lightning of watchers, and 2ble fireball 2 shoting ppl.
    Some times we get periods when all the adds are dead and no machines spawn for like 5sec, sometimes we get 5 at the same time, we found that:
    1- Sentinels spawn from the mole closer to the circle, the central one (have 1 tank only in sentinel duty)
    2- Moles machines spawn zone is higher in between NW and N corner (if you think N is 12o'clock looking the circle from the turrets)
    3- Every 2min you can drop the drake down (every 30secs a turret get fixed) then the drake is down for 30secs. Meaning if you don't get him down to 50% in 2 rounds, wipe and try again, more than that is equal to 3 times turrets repair + 3 times 30secs stun = a bit more than 7min with an enrage timer of 8min, so you won't down 50% in a min if you didn't do it before.

** Dont make ppl collapse in small areas, have them think is like KT fight and they must be spread, so the Flame hits less everytime.

Best raid composition so far we've encountered is: 3 tanks (2 OT, 1 Sentinel Tank), 6 healers (good healers) and 16 dps. This fight is a dps race, so using Heroism/BL in the 1st drop is the best choice.

2nd phase is a kite along the circle line w 2 tanks and central DPS/Heals.

Typical fight where 10m is a cake and 25m a pain in the butt (Thaddius much?), for 10's:
    2 Tanks
    2-3 healers
    5-6 DPS
    The sentinel tank can grab him along w the other adds, just make mele step out and help the other tank while range take him out.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

i've been in a guild run where we didn't do much of what you did on a ten man....we spread around the ring and had 2 tanks...we had one tank in the center and the other gathering adds...and we just aoe'd them to death...and since spread around the ring we would have 2 people to trigger phase 2...at that point the tanks just held onto add and healers healed em and all dps focus on her of course moving in just outside her breathe weapon range...and then in phase 3 our tank was right there to grab her and well we dps'd the adds and her in an aoe blitz while side stepping the flames..

Watchers

Do the Watcher/adds keep spawning after your fire last harpoon on Razorscale? In your video it looks like one sneeks to the side and fights one of the Dwarf NPC's. If so... how do you handle them..do you ignore them and have tanks..taunt them when Razor goes back intor Air phase?

Last question when your kiteing razorscale when do you decide to swap tanks? ie how many stacks..Thanks

What's the soundtrack?

Fantastic video! I love the soundtrack on this one, and on many of the other videos. What's the song title/album? I wish I could go buy/download it so I can play it during raids )

Quote Originally Posted by Magertena View Post
    Do the Watcher/adds keep spawning after your fire last harpoon on Razorscale? In your video it looks like one sneeks to the side and fights one of the Dwarf NPC's. If so... how do you handle them..do you ignore them and have tanks..taunt them when Razor goes back intor Air phase?

Last question when your kiteing razorscale when do you decide to swap tanks? ie how many stacks..Thanks
    Every 2 stacks. Tanks can pick up adds when RS is down from turrets. Once RS is grounded, make sure one tank holds any remaining adds, and dps kills them fast

Close Shave Huh?

After looking over my achievements, I noticed that I got Close Shave on my first 25man kill. After 2 hours of wiping, the planets aligned with the moon and the stars....DPS lived and all that jazz. The thing is, I'm pretty sure we brought him down more than 3 times. The kill was on the 24Apr. Anyone else have a similar experience? I know one of the "big" raid guilds(horde side) just got it last week. Was this a bug? Am I reading the achievement wrong?

After watching this video several times and wiping on this boss multiple times I have a few questions. The achievment A Close Shave is for grounding her and going into phase 2 before she can fly back up a 2nd time. But watching your video you kill her in 8 mins doing this. If you let her fly back up a 2nd time and ground her and go into phase 2 on her 3rd landing can you still beat the enrage timer? Seems to me that they wouldn't require you to get a achievment in order to beat the enrage timer.

why is it needed to kite the boss ?

The fire-breath puts fire on the ground that the tank needs to move out of. It has an immobilizing cast time, so Razorscale pauses. Moving in a circular kite path tends to prevent you from taking more than 1 (if any) ticks from the very strong breath and fireball ground-DoT.

sentinels

i have no idea about 25man but when me and my guild were making our first few attempts on 10 man we seemed to notice that the sentinels would for some reason spawn and usually cause more havoc than would be liked but after reviewing it closely and discussing when to release the harpoons we noticed if one harpoon was released as soon as it became active and the second one the same way we would get sentinels and we would release both at the same time we would receive a steady flow of two waves with two mole machines each by the time both harpoons were ready so two weeks in a row now we've done it that way and its become more easy just throwing that out there

As amnimaa mentioned if harpoons are shot as they become ready mob spawns times increase and your raid will quickly become overwhelmed.

To successfully take Razorscale down harpoons must be shoot all at once. This will ensure that mob spawns will remain consent throught the first phase.

My raid has tested this on several occations and it is confirmed.

Hello,

I've noticed a couple of questions above on 10man strat, but still no answer other than that 10man is much easier. Does anyone have a similar video but for 10man and/or melee/ranged raid positioning/tanking tips with 2 tanks? Thank you.

Razor is an easy fight, however we want to get the required achiev on the way to getting our protos and I was just wondering if anyone knows how low the mobs should be for her breath to kill them. We have been preoccupied with doing the other hard modes so I haven't really tested it much.

around 10-15%

Our guild has downed Razor a few times on 10-man, but on 25-man we are having trouble with the initial tank aggro when going into phase 2. Tonight I taunted her 3 times in a row and she just ignored me. Is there a trick to gaining that initial threat? Thanks

I have never had an issue with taunts, but if you want to simply be the top threat spot in general leave one of the guardians alive when Razor is down as your personal rage generator, then you can do a full rotation on her to get the most threat. I have begun carrying around mobs as my 'rage batteries' because of our broken rage mechanics; terribly sad bandaid fix but it gets the job done until they resolve our issues.

We are trying for the first time tonight the achievement for the drake on 10 man. Could someone give me a good strat for making it happen?

+ Reply to Thread