+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Razorscale

Tried this boss yesterday (monday) on 25mans and we failed on adds alrdy. We had 3 groups (4-5 dps in each) of dps who were supposed to deal with adds and i think that were to many groups. I wonder if its better to just have 2 groups consisting of 7-8 dps in each dealing with adds? We managed to kill this boss on 10mans ofc then with 2 groups, maybe do the same on 25mans cus as it is now the adds become to many and we get owned after awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I'm kiting her because that's the first thing I thought to do when we entered Phase 2. That was our first time reaching it and all I knew is she dropped flame patches beneath her.

I'd bet it's just fine to keep her stationary and sidestep the patches. That's why I didn't say anything about it.

I know it is bad of me... but I havent read every reply SINCE this comment...

It is EASIEST to kite Razorscale.

10/25man completed, Myself and our MT (I am DK, he is Warrior) Simply kited Razorscale following the path of the circle. ALL Heals, and caster DPS stacked in the middle of the circle.

Melee should be on the sides, not directly behind. I simply walked next to razorscale, and as soon as I needed to, taunted off the MT and assumed his position in front of Razorscale.

It is also easiest to switch tanks after you get a 2 stack of the slowing debuff NOT the flame buffet.

Edit : The reason for kiting around the circle, is now your casters, both DPS and Heals dont have to move, thus drastically increasing damage, and healing done.

We found Phase 2 (The grounded phase) to be MUCH easier than Phase 1. And whoever said use lust on the 2nd time she lands is not correct. Moving into phase 2 quicker drastically reduces overall raid healing, and and less people having to worry about flame patches on the ground. Survivability drastically increases in Phase 2 (ground phase)

Use your lust the second Razorscale come down the first time, and try to have her at less than 70% health, so the next time she comes down, you can get her to 50% and move on to Phase 2.
    Last edited by Grayc; 04-21-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyakha View Post
    Hello everybody. We are attempting 10M first and we are having an issue with the Sentinel. We are bringing the standard 2 tanks (DK and Pally) but since each of em are on one of the sides with the adds the sentinel starts killing ppl really quick... How can we avoid this?

Both stand NEARER the middle.

Sentinel's are a priority. If your DK has the gear, he should always be within gripping range, and ALWAYS have the cooldown rdy to reach a sentinel. If memory serves, the sentinel wont actually be gripped, but i think the range is 5 yds farther tan taunt, and it taunts him. Then have the dk move towards him and pick him up.

How important is it to keep the NPCs alive (the guards that engage the adds) during Phase 1/2? Does it affect the rate at which the harpoons are ready to launch?

I saw that some comments said it was okay to let them tank the adds briefly. A few of our attempts we got crazy RNG and multiple sentinels/adds and I am wondering how critical is it to taunt the adds from the NPCs?

Also, going into phase 3 do we want to make sure all adds are down before we ground Razorscale? Or is it okay to have some up and let them die to to incedental raid DPS?

(We attempted 10 man, not sure if the questions/answers will have much difference between 10/25).

Thanks for the great video, btw

A few questions !!!

Hey i wanted to ask u something, I got her down in 10 man but we are having problems at the 25 stragety.

- How are u dividing ur raid DPS coz we have 2 tanks with the adds and 1 just for the sentinel ... we take half of the dps to 1 tank and the other half to the other tank ... and we ask to all range dps to nuke the sentinel when it comes out ... but at somepoint the tanks with the adds are full of adds, i think maybe the mistake is to take all the range DPS to nuke the sentinel but still i dont thing it takes that long to bring him down ...

-Another question ... how can the hunter in the vidio suvirve when he activate the harpons? coz we try that way and we used a rogue but razorscale nuke the rogue all the time with 3 fireball- after this we put the raid close to the harpons again...

Quote Originally Posted by Kancho View Post
    How important is it to keep the NPCs alive (the guards that engage the adds) during Phase 1/2? Does it affect the rate at which the harpoons are ready to launch?

I saw that some comments said it was okay to let them tank the adds briefly. A few of our attempts we got crazy RNG and multiple sentinels/adds and I am wondering how critical is it to taunt the adds from the NPCs?

Also, going into phase 3 do we want to make sure all adds are down before we ground Razorscale? Or is it okay to have some up and let them die to to incedental raid DPS?

(We attempted 10 man, not sure if the questions/answers will have much difference between 10/25).

Thanks for the great video, btw
    We didnt lose any NPC's to the adds. got a tank on them fairly quickly. The adds near the harpoons must survive, the ones out in the field are less important, but help.

Make sure all adds are on the offtank, not the main tank for P3... all ranged raid dps should kill them quickly, as they should be about 50% health or lower, while melee moves to Razorscale

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfreak View Post
    Hey i wanted to ask u something, I got her down in 10 man but we are having problems at the 25 stragety.

- How are u dividing ur raid DPS coz we have 2 tanks with the adds and 1 just for the sentinel ... we take half of the dps to 1 tank and the other half to the other tank ... and we ask to all range dps to nuke the sentinel when it comes out ... but at somepoint the tanks with the adds are full of adds, i think maybe the mistake is to take all the range DPS to nuke the sentinel but still i dont thing it takes that long to bring him down ...

-Another question ... how can the hunter in the vidio suvirve when he activate the harpons? coz we try that way and we used a rogue but razorscale nuke the rogue all the time with 3 fireball- after this we put the raid close to the harpons again...
    We split our raid into left and right. All ranged new to move to hit the sentinel's, and then went back to their prospective sides. You can CC the casters (watchers I htink) with fear/cyclone, w.e, sheep isnt the best here b.c of incidental damage, where the target wil be sheeped.

Sounds like unlucky fireballs. But send a healer in range of him as well. Most of our raid stayed inside the circle at all times, and was in healing range. We DID leave the circle, dont get me wrong.. but there isnt MUCh reason to, except to avaoid the flame patches.

We did it in 5 tries or so. Took us three pull downs to get her. I (OT) died instantly both times. Our MT tanked through the debuff and we got him after 5 members or so died.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

need some help

we ran 10 man on razor and are having a prob finding the best place to tank the adds, should we wait for them to come to us or go grab the adds from the npcs and would it be better to bring a thrid tank to help grab them up?

and is there a 10 man vid for the fight up?

10 man is no significantly different from 25. You should go pick them up, dont let them run about. Tank them where they are, the raid should be able to adjust.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertiploiss View Post
    10 man is no significantly different from 25. You should go pick them up, dont let them run about. Tank them where they are, the raid should be able to adjust.

Wait for the ones in the way back to move toward the raid, the raid shouldnt move to them...

Confirmation pls =)

So basicly, for this fight 3 tanks are needed.
    Does that goes for 10man aswell? =)

We killed Razor Monday night on 10 man. She's tricky, but if you stand around long enough, you'll find people to tell you she's easy and 'ur just bad' I hate those people.

We had 2 tanks, both prot warriors that jumped on mole machines as soon as they surfaced and immediately when mobs came out, we TC'd and SW'd to lock them down. We had our rogue beating the hell out of watchers and they melted. Guardians got eaten up by AoE. If a Sentinal pops up, the other tank peels any other mobs off that tank one by one and we range him down.

We set up on the far side of the area and split the tanks apart with everyone else in between. It was simply a matter of efficiently DPSing the adds and staying out of the fire. When the harpoons were ready, we sent a ret pally over to shoot em and finished off any watchers still up. Tanks drug the remaining guardians over to beat on Razor and they generally died to incidental damage like rogue's blade flurry and shockwave, chain lightning from the shaman, consecrate from the pally, etc.

It wasn't too bad handling all the adds with just two tanks but alot depends on the frequency of Sentinal spawns. They suck and it seems entirely random.

For us, this was hard but my 10 man raid is pretty casual and we expect to be on a longer learning curve.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Changes this week?

So we were attempting Razorscale this week. Last week, I felt like we had finally mastered the mechanics. We grounded Razor in 2 phases (technically, he took off after the 2nd, but came back down from DoTs ticking). This week, it seemed like the mole machines were far more plentiful and the adds were everywhere. Did the devs increase time between mole machines, but increase the number that spawn simultaneously, and/or the number of adds that come out?

Ok so quick question... I feel last night we botched the razorscale encounter up on 10man because we were waiting on 4 turrets since there are 4 starting the encounter but you are saying that only 2 are required to bring her down? Well that explains the long wait for the 3rd one.... resulting in lots of pain and death lol

Quote Originally Posted by LxDraco View Post
    Ok so quick question... I feel last night we botched the razorscale encounter up on 10man because we were waiting on 4 turrets since there are 4 starting the encounter but you are saying that only 2 are required to bring her down? Well that explains the long wait for the 3rd one.... resulting in lots of pain and death lol
    Yes, in 10 man they will only fix two turrets and two will ground her for the burn phase.

Thank you so much for this.
    I have a question, I can't seem to find any movie on Flame Leviathan, am I just blind?
    ...So dawn goes down to day.Nothing gold can stay...

Question? were having issues with 2 watchers spwaning each time a turret comes up and cant seem to find the interupters to break the chain ligthing and continously are dying form tht is there an ezer way to avoid the watchers cast or ar we just gunna have to keep moving through it and interupt as many as we can?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzzee View Post
    Question? were having issues with 2 watchers spwaning each time a turret comes up and cant seem to find the interupters to break the chain ligthing and continously are dying form tht is there an ezer way to avoid the watchers cast or ar we just gunna have to keep moving through it and interupt as many as we can?

Tanks interupt fast as possible... If there is NOT a sentinel up, all dps should be on the watchers, once they are dead, they dont cast chain lightning. Normally when we get 2, the first one is dead before it can cast chain lightning, so we only have to survive, one, maybe 2 total.

Also i have a question about the turrets coming up, it seems you stress moving quickly on the final turret to get her down is this because of the raid wide dmg from the aoe fire patches or is this because... in my experience the mole machines come much more frequently upon that final turret being ready. their numbers often become so large its difficult to gather them, keep the tanks up and avoid the aoe fire patches all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayc View Post
    Tanks interupt fast as possible... If there is NOT a sentinel up, all dps should be on the watchers, once they are dead, they dont cast chain lightning. Normally when we get 2, the first one is dead before it can cast chain lightning, so we only have to survive, one, maybe 2 total.

Ty i guess i should have explained more, i know tht guilds are hainv the same issue we are. we use the same strat cinderhelm posted. # tanks both ot's on either side and my in middle. For the first turrets (mole machines) tht come up were gettin 3 turrets contsisently with 1-2 watcher per turret so all 3 tanks are busy with the Mt's targets gettin priorty b/c of sentainls. So about every 10-15 secs were gettin turrets 3 at a time with a sential thrown in there every now and then. Lookin at otehr vidoes and some tht are post here at tankspot not ONE video ive seen has as many adds as were gettin it seems or ppl jsut havnt posted what were gettin.

It sounds like im whining i know but is there something were doind wrong me being on of the OT's all 4 of the guild tanks are completey dumbfounded and we dont know what else to do. Is this abnormal or are other guilds out there gettin the same thing as we are? If so id like to hear what you guys are doing so i better my guild with good news.

+ Reply to Thread