+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Razorscale

Wow Web Stats

This is our damage-report for a takedown i believe (my net went down two tries before the takedown)

If the flame doesn't contain a yellow "spark" inside the flame, and doesn't "headshot" you, an aoe-flame will appear, and if you move immediately, you can avoid it. I have spel-details on high, which may be why I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by izziT View Post
    If the flame doesn't contain a yellow "spark" inside the flame, and doesn't "headshot" you, an aoe-flame will appear, and if you move immediately, you can avoid it. I have spel-details on high, which may be why I can see it.
    You're overcomplicating it.

Like I said, Devouring Flame (the blue streak) does not seek to a player, it targets a spot on the ground where they were standing.

You don't have to wait until it hits you to figure out which spell it is. You should already know ahead of time, and if you're the target of devouring flame you can move BEFORE the spell even gets to the ground.

Do the same adds spawn on 10? I would think one would be left out on 10 man
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    You're overcomplicating it.

Like I said, Devouring Flame (the blue streak) does not seek to a player, it targets a spot on the ground where they were standing.

You don't have to wait until it hits you to figure out which spell it is. You should already know ahead of time, and if you're the target of devouring flame you can move BEFORE the spell even gets to the ground.
    I just didn't find there was enough silence on Vent to call it out, as we call out dps-targets and ground-phases. But we all do things differently.

Hello everybody. We are attempting 10M first and we are having an issue with the Sentinel. We are bringing the standard 2 tanks (DK and Pally) but since each of em are on one of the sides with the adds the sentinel starts killing ppl really quick... How can we avoid this?

Just wanna say thanks to Lore, Cider, and the Tankspot crew for these videos. Got my first peek at Ulduar tonight, and these videos helped us take down Razorscale and Deconstructor tonight in 10-man normal on the first time in for most of the raid. A couple of them had been in on killing Leviathan Wednesday night, but they had wiped on Constructor a bunch of times that night.

I just didn't find there was enough silence on Vent to call it out, as we call out dps-targets and ground-phases. But we all do things differently.
    True, but if you want to nitpick being able to avoid all incoming damage from devouring flame should take priority over calling out DPS targets.

DPS targets should be simple: Sentinels, Rune Watchers, then Guardians. Shouldn't really be a need to call these out as everyone should be aware of target priorities and be aware of which mobs the tanks have threat on.

Beautiful video as usual Ciderhelm. I had a question though, our group is running 10 man Ulduar and many times we have people taking two fireballs in a row which can lead to a quick death. Is there any way to mitigate this factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    True, but if you want to nitpick being able to avoid all incoming damage from devouring flame should take priority over calling out DPS targets.

DPS targets should be simple: Sentinels, Rune Watchers, then Guardians. Shouldn't really be a need to call these out as everyone should be aware of target priorities and be aware of which mobs the tanks have threat on.
    Even more true Our dps wasn't given any priorities, as we didn't have any, but with that above-mentioned one, it defo clears for flame-callouts.

You can also set Razorscale as a focus target, turn on target of target and enemy cast bars. And you'll have an idea of where the fireballs are ending up.

@Bayukha today they assigned me as the Sentinel tank. First attempt they told the other tank to pick up all the adds. Second attempt they assigned us each a side and I was still on the Sentinels.

It's a lot of movement either way, but the trick is the Guardian and Watcher will usually attack the Expedition npcs when they spawn. So you have some time before you have to pick them up. For instance I just waited until the Sentinel died.

Hello
    Does the same count for 10 man? and what about melee dps?

My guild tried Ulduar for the first time yesterday site unseen. Got past that machine boss after 7 FUN tries. This guy Razorscale raked us over the coals. I love your guides. I'm gonna make the whole guild watch this video and go in there tonight and try again.

Hot fix for Razor

Quote From MMO
    Several changes to the Razorscale encounter have been made including the range and damage of the Dark Rune Watcher’s Chain Lightning being reduced, and the radius of Razorscale’s Devouring Flame being slightly reduced.

Hello. Thank you for the guide. This encounter reminded me of the last boss in Rampart. My guild downed Razorscale(10man) last night after few attempts and I'd like to share our experience.

Our MT (warrior) died early in phase 2 so I(feral) had to tank the entire phase2. I kited her in a big circle around the raid until I had 5x Fuse Armor on me. I tried to shift out of Fuse Armor while tanking but it did not seem to work. When I had 5x Fuse Armor on me I was stunned and aggro was dropped. At this point we thought we failed but our hunter managed to kite her for 20+ seconds (Razorscale doesn't move very fast and has no single target ranged attack) until I could move again. Ranged kiting could possibly be an alternative strat for phase 2 if tanks have trouble surviving the flames.

Am testing the waters with a new guide format that references Stratfu. This is with explicit permission to do so from Kyth and we're checking out how we can work together on getting the best information out to the community.

I have done attempts on 10 man Razor that have had at least twice as many add spawns as this video had. Sometimes two or three of the big whirlwind guys came up at the same time. Brutal. I'm not sure if this is intended to be purely based on luck, or if there are cooldowns involved, or maybe a limit of how many of each type of mob can spawn pure boss attempt but they can spawn at any time.

In any case, it hasn't been mentioned here already:

If you have a lot of adds left up when the Harpoons are ready to fire and your healers are on your game, you can group up the adds infront of Razor while she is trapped. When she breathes the fire to break the chains she will also do heavy damage to the adds. It won't outright kill them unless they're low, but it helps.

Thank you for the videos, Tankspot. I thoroughly enjoy them and learn a lot from them.

If you have a lot of adds left up when the Harpoons are ready to fire and your healers are on your game, you can group up the adds infront of Razor while she is trapped. When she breathes the fire to break the chains she will also do heavy damage to the adds. It won't outright kill them unless they're low, but it helps.
    If you use this tactic (my guild too are experiencing high numbers of adds) will the tanks dragging them in front of the flame not also take heavy damage?

We're trying to let the Defender friendly NPCs do some of the off tanking too since we might as well use their HP to soak up some of the damage. Still a work in progress however.

Ok this might sound like dump question but we were getting 4-5 machines where dwarves spawn from but in the video it's only 2-3. We got her to 1% on our best attempt. Did we do something wrong?

Devouring Flame

Hey all,
    Using Bigwigs it alerts me when devouring flame is coming. Is it possible to avoid any damage from that spell (the blue poo) by moving, or does the initial impact follow you like a normal spell?

Thanks for the great guide and tips.
    Suffer well.

+ Reply to Thread