+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: Ulduar Razorscale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766

    Ulduar Razorscale








    Reposted with permission. Click here to view Stratfu's Razorscale page!
    Razorscale in flight
    Devouring Flame: When in the air, Razorscale will drop a blue fireball onto an area of the ground that deals about 7k (on Normal) and 9k (on Heroic) damage per second to players sitting within the area.
    Fireball: When in the air, Razorscale will very frequently throw Fireballs at individual players, dealing about 12k damage on Heroic.

    Iron Dwarves

    Chain Lightning: Dark Rune Watchers that exit the mole machines while Razorscale is flying can Chain Lightning, which increases damage as it hits subsequent players. The raid should be spread out to limit the punishment from this ability.
    Whirlwind: The Dark Rune Sentinels that appear as part of some of the Mole Machine packs have a Whirlwind ability that hits players around them. Lightly armored players should stay away from these mobs.

    Razorscale grounded

    Flame Breath: 17500-22500 frontal cone fire damage ability.
    Wing Buffet: Knocks back all players within 35 yards. Some players at maximum range should be able to avoid this ability.

    Razorscale permanently grounded

    He has the two normal "grounded" abilities and adds:
    Flame Buffet: Increases fire damage taken by all players (1500 on Heroic, 1000 on Normal); applies in an infinite-range AoE around Razorscale periodically. This forms a "soft enrage" mechanic for Razorscale's ground phase.
    Fuse Armor: This debuff stacks on your tank and will eventually kill him.
    UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    My home.
    Posts
    66
    first. w00t! first first evah!*waits for encoding*
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    43
    nice we downed him today on 25 but phase 2 was rough X_x

    Very excited to see how you did it
    Warrior Tank + Fury DPS, lover of Priests

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Movie up! Will add more as soon as possible.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4
    Just a quick question!

    We had some problems with this encounter at the point when she breaks free and we need to start the tank rotation to avoid the "fuse armor". Can the OT stand next to the MT and still not get the debuff?

    Is it the target of razor that get's the debuff or is it from the breath?

    Great video, thx!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    I honestly don't have an answer to the question Gustav, as that was our first time going into Phase 2 during the raid. I don't believe it's a result of her breath but I could be incorrect.


    Donors, the movie will be up in about 20 minutes for download.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Donors, the movie will be up in about 20 minutes for download.
    <3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Great Video!
    Hope we will get down this boss today.
    Is the 10 man encouter same as the 25 man ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    My home.
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfenmann View Post
    Great Video!
    Hope we will get down this boss today.
    Is the 10 man encouter same as the 25 man ?
    i'm no pro, but what i know says the only difference (rather then HP, damage, etc) is that 2 turrets are needed to ground her, not all 4
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6
    10 and 25 man are almost the same.
    Only difference being, that in the 10 man you only need 2 harpoons, to get her to the ground.
    So, with this in mind, you can apply the same tactics.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    43
    @Karp, the 10 man is the same with 2 harpoons and less adds/fireballs, but it follows the same mechanic.

    Compared to 25 man, 10 man was a LOT easier imo, but like i said - same basics.

    Oh, except 2 tanks so we did 1 tank on adds and 1 on the guardians until phase 2.

    Hope this helped in some way
    Warrior Tank + Fury DPS, lover of Priests

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    35
    Interesting fight. Too bad kiting bosses are my bane... *sad face*

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Gústav View Post
    Just a quick question!

    We had some problems with this encounter at the point when she breaks free and we need to start the tank rotation to avoid the "fuse armor". Can the OT stand next to the MT and still not get the debuff?

    Is it the target of razor that get's the debuff or is it from the breath?

    Great video, thx!
    Maybe intervene the MT to get into position quick then take her?

    great movie, will certainly be linking it gratuitously to the guild forums.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2
    Lovely Video, just some questions:
    On 10 men with 2 tanks, would you have one taking the sentinels and one the rest of the adds? Or would you split it up, have one tank with the melee picking up one side, and one tank with ranged DPS picking up the other, and have the ranged DPS tank pick up the sentinels as well?

    Also, when tanking Razorscale properly, at how many stacks of the debuff did you switch tanks- it seemed Cider stayed tanking for a long time there.
    Last edited by Maggeddon; 04-17-2009 at 07:02 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    We switched when I could no longer reliably move out of flame patches. You can probably do it a lot sooner, though, and be safer about it.

  16. #16
    Are you kiting her just to avoid flame patches or am I missing something? On 10 man last night I just sidestepped them and we readjusted.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayella View Post
    Are you kiting her just to avoid flame patches or am I missing something? On 10 man last night I just sidestepped them and we readjusted.
    I'm kiting her because that's the first thing I thought to do when we entered Phase 2. That was our first time reaching it and all I knew is she dropped flame patches beneath her.

    I'd bet it's just fine to keep her stationary and sidestep the patches. That's why I didn't say anything about it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggeddon View Post
    Lovely Video, just some questions:
    On 10 men with 2 tanks, would you have one taking the sentinels and one the rest of the adds? Or would you split it up, have one tank with the melee picking up one side, and one tank with ranged DPS picking up the other, and have the ranged DPS tank pick up the sentinels as well?

    Also, when tanking Razorscale properly, at how many stacks of the debuff did you switch tanks- it seemed Cider stayed tanking for a long time there.
    I was wondering the same thing.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    Great video! I was wondering if I could link this video on my guild forum? I'm not sure if I need permission.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaldyn View Post
    Great video! I was wondering if I could link this video on my guild forum?
    They encourage you to do so, Xaldyn. Spread the word!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts