+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining

Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining

I posted this over on Maintankadin so I thought I'd share here:

I did some parsing on Blood Draining(BD) while watching some TV.
    Link at: Wow Web Stats

If I'm calculating correctly (procs/swings landed): That gives a ~10.4% chance to proc or ~3.9ppm.
    That means if every proc is consumed, Blood Draining is ~1560 health per min (or 26 health per second).
    (Note for a paladin using HotR on cd (vs 1 mob), this would mean 4.9ppm and 1960 health/min (32.6 hps))

Though I wouldn't simply evaluate it on the max health it can give per min. Your choice on this enchant should be from the following points:

-If you are frequently dropping to <35% you will only be getting many small procs, providing little benefit.
    -If you are dropping <35% ~Once per minute, this will be the maximum benefit of BD.
    -If AD was going to be leapfrogged without BD, BD would increase the minimum amount of a death swing by 2k. (on a 40k hp tank).
    -If AD is leapfrogged by BD exactly(Brought to 14k then healed to 16k), you would die from a swing that is 16k instead of 20k. (on a 40k hp tank).
    -If AD is not leapfrogged at all even after BD heals you. BD would increase the minimum amount of a death swing by 2.85k. (on a 40k hp tank).
    Last edited by Ieatpugs; 04-17-2009 at 03:41 AM.

just got the enchant today on my Last Laugh and with my reckoning specced and the 1.6 attackspeed it procs verry verry oftern. Im alos gettign procs while i was useing Exorcism and SoR and not only on normal hits.

Im really not that into numbers, but 5 stacks acumulated varry fast for me ( tryed it a few times ) and since my guild is doing ulduar i think this baby will come handy for me as a pally tank.

If i get my hands on the other enchant i will defenetly swich to it (Blade Warding), but until than ill have some time with this. Still needs to be tested in Ulduar and not heroics, but i like it

Waiting to hear other tanks who tryed this out...

and this is my armory : The World of Warcraft Armory

I know most healing enchants in the past have been crap, but to me, this one looks awesome! It's a smart heal. Kind of like Commendation of Kael'thas was a smart dodge proc. They only help you when you need it, i.e. you're about to die.

Let's say your health dips below 35% once a minute during a boss fight and you get the full 2000 heal each time.... in that scenario, it's basically like having + 200 Stamina. And I'd take 200 Stamina over a random proc for some random avoidance at a random time (Blade Ward).

Also, since its stacks up from bleed effects, this enchant would seem best for feral druids and prot warriors with Deep Wounds. The bleed DoT would make it stack up faster, raising the average value of the heal.

Edit: When I posted this, I was under the impression that Blade Ward did not stack, i.e. it only gave you 3-4% Parry 10 sec. of every min. on average. But apparently it does stack, so Blade Ward is better than I thought. Still, this enchant is no slouch. I still think the smartness of this enchant may still make it better than Blade Warding, especially since the Blade Warding buff is removed on your next Parry, so at 1 proc per minute and 20%ish Parry rating, you will probably rarely get more than 1-2 stacks.

For tanks, it's all about adding stability for your healers, IMO. Blood Draining helps your healers out by raising your threshold to take a killing blow and live, thus preventing a wipe. Random avoidance procs add no stability. They are random procs of random avoidance, and may or may not help you when your health dips low. This one always helps you when you health dips low.
    Last edited by Kerg; 04-18-2009 at 09:52 AM.

the only issue with that kreg, is that most bosses hit hard enough that you will dip below 35% health a lot. i can see this being usefull on say trash tanking.. but not so much on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    the only issue with that kreg, is that most bosses hit hard enough that you will dip below 35% health a lot. i can see this being usefull on say trash tanking.. but not so much on bosses.
    Well, let's say you do dip below 35% a lot, maybe once every 20 sec. It's still going to heal you for at least 400-800 most of the time, which is basically worth 40-80 Stamina.

Which is better? 40-80 Stamina to save you from a killing blow when your health dips? Or a 16% chance (10 sec. on proc per min.) to have a 3-4% Parry buff, which gives you maybe an extra 1% chance tops of avoiding that killing blow when your health dips?

Maybe his healing enchant is not groundbreaking. But I still think it's probably better than Blade Ward.
    Last edited by Kerg; 04-18-2009 at 01:37 PM.

I rarely drop below 35% hp unless I'm actually in danger of dying. (boss hits me 2-3 times in a row + some type of debuff). If you find yourself dipping down to 35% a lot, this enchant probably isn't worth it for you. But for myself I find it to be very useful.

Though maybe not the best one, I like Kerg's analogy of it basically being worth 2k hp in it's ideal circumstance, which is more than the old 75sta enchant.

Was in ulduar last night doig razorscale and X02 and i didnt like the enchat at all....i thought is was good but last night it completly let me down

On the trash @ razorscale i had the 5 stacks up more than once but they went to waste cuz of the low dmg and the great job of the healrs keeping me up. @ boss fights i couldnt get more than 1 stack up and it was pritty useless for me...

I put blade ward on this morning and going back to Ulduar this night...

Quote Originally Posted by arami View Post
    Was in ulduar last night doig razorscale and X02 and i didnt like the enchat at all....i thought is was good but last night it completly let me down

On the trash @ razorscale i had the 5 stacks up more than once but they went to waste cuz of the low dmg and the great job of the healrs keeping me up. @ boss fights i couldnt get more than 1 stack up and it was pritty useless for me...

I put blade ward on this morning and going back to Ulduar this night...
    Well, like I said above, even if it rarely gets above 1 stack against a boss, that's still the same as 40 Stamina, which ain't bad if you're a stamina stacking effective health junky like I am.

If Blade Ward is up 20% of the time (and rarely stacks above 1), that's 40 Parry Rating on average. 40 Stamina is pretty comparable to 40 Parry Rating, IMO. And that's comparing worst case scenario for Blood Draining vs. probably best case scenario for Blade Ward.

Still seeing wide ranges on the Blade Ward uptime, so it's hard to tell what the actual value of it is. If it's under 10%, it sucks. If it's 15-20%+, I can see the two enchants being comparable maybe. What we need is someone with Blade Ward to tank for like an hour straight, nonstop, with people healing him. That should give us a pretty good sample.

As a side note, Blood Draining can crit (I believe based on your spell crit). And seems to gain any type of healing increase such as devo aura / guardian's spirit etc. Increasing the value of the heal a bit.

The majority of encounters in Ulduar have at least one target which can regularly drop a geared tank below 35%. That was my main motivation for choosing the enchant, at least for now.

(The second motivation being that we actually have the Blood Draining enchant)

I plan on testing it once we actually get our hands on it (that is pretty good motivation!) It certainly looks far more appealing than Blade Ward based on the numbers so far.

Glad to see at least one of our new enchants might be more worthwhile than our old accuracy chant.

Blade ward has been quite the dissapointment and if they don't increase its PPM then blood draining will basically be the 'it' chant. Right now, in uld, I would take 40stam over 40 parry rating any day of the week. I'm quite sure everyone else would as well.

Though Blade Ward seems to be a let down on what we were all expecting, Blizzard always stated they don't want an "end all be all" enchant for tanks (like every other class). There is still plenty to consider in your choice between potency/accuracy/blood draining/even blade ward.

I got this enchant last night. I like it. It procs very often, so even with the 10 sec. internal cooldown, it takes a maximum of 40-50 sec. to stack it up to 5. So if you go the first 40-50 sec. of the fight without dropping below 35%, it just sits there like a health pot ready to go off automatically if you get a damage spike, and it then heals you for 1,800-2,200. So in that scenario, it's worth about 200 Stamina.

If you are in a fight where you spike below 35% a lot, it still will stack up by 360-440 every 0-10 sec. so it will heal you for at least 400ish most of the time your health dips, effectively worth at least 40 Stamina.

So it's worth somewhere between 40-200 Stamina, depending on how often your health spikes below 35%. Not bad at all.
    Last edited by Kerg; 04-23-2009 at 10:28 AM.

I got it last night. Ran a late night normal Ulduar and used it.

On a Hodir kill I got the following:
    Wow Web Stats

99% total uptime although it only needed to heal me once. Not too bad.

I did cheat a little and ran 15/5/51 which I normally won't do for even normal Ulduar.
    Last edited by ivanstone; 04-23-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerg View Post
    I got this enchant last night. I like it. It procs very often, so even with the 10 sec. internal cooldown, it takes a maximum of 40-50 sec. to stack it up to 5. So if you go the first 40-50 sec. of the fight without dropping below 35%, it just sits there like a health pot ready to go off automatically if you get a damage spike, and it then heals you for 1,800-2,200. So in that scenario, it's worth about 200 Stamina.

If you are in a fight where you spike below 35% a lot, it still will stack up by 360-440 every 0-10 sec. so it will heal you for at least 400ish most of the time your health dips, effectively worth at least 40 Stamina.

So it's worth somewhere between 40-200 Stamina, depending on how often your health spikes below 35%. Not bad at all.
    It has no internal cooldown that I noticed, just a ppm. (Though I admit I didn't specifically check for it). Where have you heard this number?

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatpugs View Post
    It has no internal cooldown that I noticed, just a ppm. (Though I admit I didn't specifically check for it). Where have you heard this number?
    It appears to have an ICD of 10sec:
    Wow Web Stats

Looks like Blade Warding will be going on my threat one-hander and Blood Draining will be going on my effective health one-hander. That is, once I can afford to enchant 2 weapons. If I were to chose one enchant to help progress through Ulduar at this point, it would be Blood Draining.

I too decided to take this enchant over Blade Ward. I guess the initial data of Blade Ward disappointed me, so while that could turn out to be a decent enchant yet, it would seem like Blood Draining is a safer bet. As Kerg says, it's a smart proc, like an extra healing potion that can be used multiple times during a fight. I haven't really had a chance to test it out too much myself, but I think there are a huge amount of situations where it will shine.

One thing I was testing out today is how it would fare in PVP. You probably won't have the time to build up 5 stacks most of the time, but it definitely seemed to increase my survivability somewhat. I'd like to try it out more in BGs before I'd come to any conclusions about it being good for PVP or not yet though, but it's something to consider.

I took a screenie of the glow effect, makes my Titanguard look like a chunky lightsaber:

Out of the 2 (Blade and Blood) I decided to try Blood first. We are lucky enough to have several people with both enchants on our server already. I just got it last night so I have no data available. I will try and post a WWS later for data.

The looks on this enchant are pretty awesome lol.

There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread