Thread: 10 man ignis trash

10 man ignis trash

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew how to down the two trash mobs that stand out front of Ignis the Furnice makers section, myself and our other tank held aggro on them fine, but our healers got a silence and thus meaning we cant get healed so inevitably we die, thus causing us to become quite irritated, so we tryed our healers standign at max range and they still got silenced.

Can any1 give me a tip or two?
    Thanks

Wastrex - Dark knights of sylvanas - Jubei'Thos

And yes i relise it seems nub but i cant figure it out.

Split

How my guild downed them was that our OT and MT picked them up while our MT stayed at the area they start at our OT and a healer kited the mob away moving toward XT-002 this doesn't stop the stuns but it makes it so you don't get stunned twice in a row and that the debuffs don't stack. After you down the first mob everyone switches over the the other mob.

So, you mean, have 1 of them tanked where they stand, and the other kited to XT's Doorway?

Our group also wiped like 4 times on these guys
    The point is to make sure the healers will not be stunned by both giants
    So you need to pull them away each other - like 60 yards

I tanked one add, which was killed first. And another tank with 2 healers was in the way to Destructor - away from the rest of the raid

Ahkk, i get what u mean ill see if that works on our next attempt, hopefully it does so we get more than 1 boss down and 100g repairs :S

Quote Originally Posted by Wastrex View Post
    So, you mean, have 1 of them tanked where they stand, and the other kited to XT's Doorway?
    Not all the way down to the door way more like just a bit down the hall leading to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Marashangdi View Post
    Not all the way down to the door way more like just a bit down the hall leading to the door.

I see what u mean, further enough away that they have no chance of being able to stack de-buffs or anythign else. correct?

Yes that is correct you just don't want to get stunned twice or the armor reduction debuff

Cool, Thanks for the help guys Much appreciated =D, if i can help u guys feel free to give me a yell ill do the best i can :P

Yeah, as they have stated split them apart.

Also there's a nice little strategy you can use to ensure that your healers don't even get silenced in the first place. Ciderhelm recently posted a positioning strategy (general) that proves quite useful on this pull.

If you're the main tank you can pull the left trash to the end of the little wall, keeping it in sight. While the healer stands out of the line of sight, and doesn't get the silence!

Last night, we ended up splitting them apart and burning one down at a time. One of the difficult parts was the stacking debuff that I (as the OT) was receiving while waiting for the first mob to be burned down. By the time DPS was on my target I had a stack of 10 (Magma splash I think?) that was doing 2,500 damage every 3 seconds.

Anyone know how to avoid this debuff? We couldn't seem to dispell it...
    Shox - [80] Protection Paladin || Armory
    Ovation - [80] Holy Priest || Armory

Here is how we did it...

I was MT / DK OT...

We first encountered these two fellows and had the expected insta-wipe/silence/etc...

So, seconds attempt.

I MT one, DK OT one, spread them apart. All ranged/healers kept max distance and DPS focused on MT target first. We had off heals on the OT.

Once MT target was down we switched to OT target and repeated the max distance strat and had no issues.

This is for the 10 man:

Have two healers stand line of sight behind the pillars... have the two tanks pull them straight back until they are visible to the healers but the giants are not LOS. Have the raid stand max range straight back with your 3rd healer.

Code:
                     |
                     | Healer
    ------------------
            Giant      Tank
          Melee DPS
                                                      Ranged DPS + 3rd Healer

Giant      Tank
    ------------------
                     | Healer
                     |

That looks like a good setup if you don't have a kiter.

Didn't see it mentioned, but we used our holy pally and a retadin (on 10man) who both had Aura mastery (swapping to concentration aura) to eliminate the silences for long enough to dps them down without splitting.

Of course, we wiped to firey tornados and then the instance locked up, but at least we killed the damn giant trash!
    Kardalys
    80 Warrior of <Hellions> H-Cenarion Circle

i am personally not the Mt, but i am a main offtank if u know what i mean, so ill proberly have to get our Mt to kite him and whatnot.
    With luck next time we go in, we will down them and ignis and we can celebrate!! Lol, =D

We didn't even know what to expect with this pull and managed to get it on our first go. Though people did get silenced, we recovered well enough to not even put up with one wipe.

The magma ragers or whatever that drop the tornados though are what's really annoying. They didn't cause any wipes, but at least one melee DPS died per pull.

we havent encountered those yet, we gave up after a 2-3 wipes on the silencing dudes

What we did is tanked them apart from one another and called out the nasty abilities. I'm not gonna lie, both myself and the pally tank burned our cooldowns to stay alive on the molten colossus pulls and several of the flame revenant ones as well. I loved it!