Thread: How to Razorscale

How to Razorscale

So i quickly threw together this video for my guild so a lot of people could c how to do this fight. It relatively easy, yet people don't understand how to move out of the AOE's so this video HIGHLIGHTS these aspects of the fights and shows you the difference from when, and how to move.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyWYyL7OoAA"]YouTube - how to razorscale[/ame]

Another thing to keep in mind is that the biggest wiper here are the Big mobs that cast the whirldwind type of attack.

We used 2 camps, and 1 tank + dedicated healer in the middle. The center tank's only task is to get WW adds. If one spawns the tank grabs it, while all Ranged switch to him for a rushed kill.

Breaths: before they drop you'll see a blue spot on the floor
    Meteors: zoom out and if you see any at all be strafe a few yards, you've got a good chance of avoiding it then.
    Dark Rune Watcher: Stun, Slow and Interrupt these as much as possible ( with slow I mean Curse of Tounges, Rogue posions etc )

That should help. A graphic of our positioning.
    Red being the spawn area's each group takes care of. Yellow are tanks, Pink are healers.

But your video shows about the same. gj

the way i did it was 2 camps like you said. My side "left" was with all the casters/ranged. Right side was other tank and melee. If the middle mob spawned then I (left side) would pick up this extra mob and the casters would burn it down while i taunted the left side over to my position.

We split melee into 2 groups, right and left, and had a tank in the middle for whirlwinds.
    All ranged and healers were in the middle of the circle, melee on either side was responsible to kick/stun the watchers, called out which side needed ranged group to DPS on. went pretty smooth, by P2 we only had 1 death.
    Your ad could be here.

Is there an aggro dump on the sentinel? I picked him up with taunt to get him away from the group, but after he went into his bladestorm he just started going after the closest person.

I'd like to note the importance of burning down and interrupting those watchers - their spells hurt.

Our guild used a tactic similar to Lyco's, except that we had a spare tank. We commonly run with one of each tanking class. The Druid (who was tasked with picking up the whirlwinders) helped me pick up adds on the left where it was needed, the Warrior (who activated the harpoons) helped out on the right when needed.

While the extra help isn't completely required, it takes a little of the pressure off, and that's always a good thing.

On a side note, our druid had a brilliant plan to keep the tanks busy during the time when the drake was down and stunned.
    Use that time to collect all active adds in the same area behind the drake - no new ones spawn when he is down, and it allows you to quickly AoE down any adds that are remaining (done after the dragon is up again, of course). We (the DK and I) would get the adds to him, he'd do his AoE taunt to pick them up shortly before the dragon took off again. It usually gave us a few seconds of breathing space after adds were dead, so the raid could be healed.

It worked amazingly well.

Yes, it seems most fights are all about control, while still having a strict timer.

Our OT's where a DK and Warrior by the way, we especially found the Warriors Shockwave gold in stunning/handling the Dark Rune Watchers ( bastards that shoot Chain Lightning )

Pro-tip: Intervene is a great thing to hit your MT with. I even opted to OT just to do it.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Intervene reduces target's total threat by 10%, so keep that in mind and check how close next person is to MT on threatmeter before using it.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU