+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Ulduar Kologarn

Ouch! Here are some thoughts based on what we do.

We do DPS right hand until it is down, body - back to right hand when it respawns (lather rinse repeat) and not waiting for someone to be grabbed. (Which ensures as few people in the hand as possible.)

What I do when I hear Kolo starting his "OBLIVION" is pop some mitigation. It is a scary lot of damage that happens all at once (raid wide.) Tha said there are only so many mitigation cool downs and they can run out.

The healers in the hand (or the eye beams) can really mess up the healing (and he does seem to have a thing for healers.) Encouraging HOTs can help ride through the healer unable to heal problem but of course you need both HOTs and other heals going.

My husband (one of our healers) says HOTs and group heals are what save the raid in this fight - and I suspect the thing that will help the most will be the healers learning how to better coordinate to cover a tank healer being eyebeamed/handed that will make the fight work - with the tanks doing what mitigation they can.

updated kologarn 25 fight

Ok so we hit 25 kologarn tonight and after a few wipes the strat we used to down kologarn was as such. (thank god to):

3 Tanks
    1 Blood dk tank
    1 unholy dk tank (myself)
    1 prot pally

the 2 dk tanks were the tanks that traded debuffs, we traded at every 1 stack, once i had a stack he taunted if his debuff was clear or as soon as it was. the pally tank dps'd the arm and picked up the rubble adds.

We had 6 healers and and 1/2 and 1/2 on dps between ranged and melee. we had 2 dedicated healers for the 3 that gripped and 1 for the adds tank. all melee dps stood underneath his right arm at about his elbow and did not move. the adds tank kited the adds to the far left wall while making sure to keep within range of the ranged dps.i figure that the BIGGEST thing needed i guess we were missing or not enough of was communication between the 2 tanks, and the healers specifically what tank was taking aggro and the debuff currently.

On the first time we dpsed the arm we blew it up using pretty much all the CD's and on the 2nd we Bloodlusted to get the arm down pretty quick. we had to kill the arm 3 times before he died. Other than that it isnt awhole lot different then the 10m version everything else was the same. coordination between healers healing the members in the grip and what tank was tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    I just want to say.. this boss doesn't act as a wall, for some reason i thought that last night, ran right up to him and off the edge and died lol.

Haha I did the same thing. Probably one of our funniest wipes ever!

Is the tank swapping method still ideal? We attempted Kologarn 25 last night, and though I never noticed gaining more than 1 stack of the debuff, I was taking around 38k damage on some hits, which made it very difficult for healers to keep me up. Should we be swapping whenever the debuff is applied?

Please tell me I didn't kill the thread?

LOL, no you didn't kill the thread. Once the (his) right arm drops the buffs will last longer and you can get a stack of 2 (or more?) of the debuff. We taunt off when it builds up to 2. If your healers are having problems with the damage from one, you could try tanks taunting off at one debuff.
    It does look like from the logs that I have received a maximum physical hit of about 35k so he does hit hard. I don't seem to have the patience/tools to determine if this is after the debuff or not, but I would guess so.

Subjectively the debuff does seem to be taking longer to build up, so they may have changed the debuff duration (or it may just be a trick of perception.)

We are still having trouble with this one too. And I would LOVE to only be getting hit with 35k. I am getting regular hits in excess of 40k. With my dodge, parry, and block all about 25%, I'm avoiding alot, but sooner or later he hits me and I have no mitigation proc. Boom... dead tank. I am warrior, but the druid OT usually dies before I do, typically right AFTER he hands Kolagar back to me. Go figure!

Near as I can tell, it's usually because we have lost 2 or 3 of our healers by the time I go boom (doggone those eyes anyway!). We've been getting regularly to 30%, but can't seem to pop that bubble. Oh well... we will get there!

I didn't even notice the stacks go up once the arm went down, that was it. Thanks.

As an arms warrior i love to charge to get my juggernaut buff but i can't seem to charge at kologarn or his arms i continue to get the "No Path Available" error is there anyway to charge or no? any help with this would be appreciated

i had as idea when we wipe more than once on it..

in 10man mode..

normal way is dpsing right arm , aoe adds , dpsing boss and doing this for 2-4 times
    it`s gd way but take long time and if ur healers be off of mana so u r dead !

i was thinking what will happen if we do it like this : dpsing the left arm till it had 50-100k , destroy the right arm , aoe the right arm adds, destroy the left arm fast , aoe its adds , dpsing boss little bit

if u was asking urself what the diffirance for doing this..the diffirance is : when u destroy any arm the boss will lose 500k hp as i though which mean 3.6M >> 3.1M when u destroy the right arm and 3.1M will be 2.6M when u destroy the left arm..dpsing the boss little time and i will suggest u will dpsing him at least 300k hp so he will have around 2.3M (1.3M) in one shot and maybe it will be more if u dpsing more than 300k on boss after destroying his arms

i didn`t count the tank dpsing on boss when the dpsers doing what im saying

by the way i didn`t try it yet but im not the leader that`s why i didn`t try it yet !!

it seems faster than normal way and solution of ur healers don`t able for long fight

what u think ?

Since the arms have the same amount of health this is essentially the same as any other method unless there is a large amount of AoE damaging the left arm. If your healers are running out of mana before killing the boss then you likely have gearing or skill issues in the raid rather than strategy issues.

The other reason most raids don't kill the left arm is Kolo will start casting: Stone Shout - Spell - World of Warcraft when both arms are dead, which will probably end up being more raid damage than if the left arm is up.

Also you're going to lose dps if you are constantly killing the adds this way.

yea but i mean u can use it like a "last shot"
    let the left arm have low hp and when kolo have low hp u can kill him by destroying the left arm only and he will be dead

+ Reply to Thread