+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Kologarn

Quote Originally Posted by onyxtank View Post
    This is an honest question and I am not trying to be rude. Do servers with elite guilds such as your own get special treatment by Blizzard. It seems that all the top guilds are raiding with no server glitches, but other servers seem to lock up constantly.

My guild was doing 25 OS last night and the server crashed like every 15 minutes. I then went on an alt to do Scholomance and the same thing was happening. After my 10th Alt-F4 I called it a night.

I read the forums and lots of other servers are having the same problem.

Did your guild experience any server issues while running Ulduar?
    This video was taken after waiting 3 hours for servers to be stable =(
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    This video was taken after waiting 3 hours for servers to be stable =(
    ...then doing a couple of kologarn attempts, to have the server crap out again for another half hour or so.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    I just want to say.. this boss doesn't act as a wall, for some reason i thought that last night, ran right up to him and off the edge and died lol.
    Lol, that might just be more epic than Cider's death (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...-002-kill.html)

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Squeezed Lifeless happens if people are in the right arm for too long and not broken out. After like 15 or 20 seconds, they die instantly.
    DPS the arm to get them to be released. Haven't watched the video so I don't know the exact context of the other questions, but killing an arm lowers Kologarn's health.
    Guess there is a bug then. We had people getting squeezed lifeless within 5sec of being picked up. Unless there is something more being missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Is anyone else reminded of this fight for this:

YouTube - Chrono Trigger Battle #16 - Giga Gaia
    lol knowing blizzard they probably did base kologarn off of giga gaia. Such a fun fight!

Ugh kazey why did I just watch that ENTIRE 11 minute video.

I hate you.
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

Question: Has anyone had issues with Kologarn despawning and never returning during a wipe?
    We were in the middle of a wipe last nicht, a few seconds before all were dead, he gripped the remaining 3 people and despawned immediately. We thought it was cool, ran back to him, buffed up, but he never reappeared when we approached the ledge.
    Of course, GM tickets were not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Question: Has anyone had issues with Kologarn despawning and never returning during a wipe?
    We were in the middle of a wipe last nicht, a few seconds before all were dead, he gripped the remaining 3 people and despawned immediately. We thought it was cool, ran back to him, buffed up, but he never reappeared when we approached the ledge.
    Of course, GM tickets were not available.
    Yes. Soft reset got him back.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Does anyone know if the tank can avoid the 25% armor debuff he places on them or how long its duration is?
    From my experience on the 10 man, you can avoid it. We decided just to heal through it when he didn't do more than 1 or 2 stacks on the first attempt - and then the next go he managed to get 4 stacks up on me! According to wowhead the debuff is 45s, but that doesn't seem right to me - I thought it was around 15s or so, because it didn't take all that long to drop off.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Kayella, the 45 second debuff is the 25-man. 10-man is 20 iirc. And yes, you can avoid it.

Going to be encoding an addendum to this tonight!

Ah right, that makes sense then
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

So what we did for this boss, since he does seem to have a RNG for his squeeze insta death to gripped people, we had all dps attack the right arm til it died, a tank picked up the adds and ranged AoE'd them down. all dps back on his main body til the right arm went back up, then immediately back on the right arm. By the time the right arm died 2 time he was around 40% hp, so killed the right arm 1 more time, left arm was almost dead from AoEs of hitting the right arm, killed the left arm and he fell.

This boss does enrage (by doing his ability as if someone wasn't in melee range of him)
    seems like around 8-10 minutes.
    Your ad could be here.

Addendum: Don't follow the body once it falls down to the ground unless it's straight. Bad things happen to you if you follow the body and it's slanted on a / or \ direction. -.-

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Managed to do the 10 man encounter last night and after getting on the same track, we were able to take him out in a few attempts.

Been seeing a few posts where people that have ended up getting gripped by the right arm have been dying instantly when released. We've experienced the same effect in all our encounters, so I'd imagine this is a functioning mechanic and not a glitch of some kind. This is going to make the "With arms wide open" Achievement a little more interesting, as you will most likely have to limit exactly how much damage you do to the right arm in order to get a player released but not blow the arm up entirely. The strat in the video is solid though, take out the right arm, raid heal through the left. He's got a HUGE hitbox too, so spacing out to be ready to run from eye beams is advisable

Stone Nova - Spell - World of Warcraft

I would love to know how your tank deals with that when you just casually DPS them. We have all our AOE focus them down immediately and I still usually end up with at least a 10 stack minimum.

We found zerging him easier XD.
    Just fullout nuke on the body untill he dies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Stone Nova - Spell - World of Warcraft

I would love to know how your tank deals with that when you just casually DPS them. We have all our AOE focus them down immediately and I still usually end up with at least a 10 stack minimum.
    We've been having issues with this too, our tanks kept getting instagibbed by the adds as soon as they picked them up - they seemed to ALL Stone Nova at the same time as soon as they aggro someone, so if your tank is on top of them when they spawn, he gets 6 Stone Novas to the face and dies almost instantly. We solved the problem by having our Paladin tank drop a consecrate when the arm is about to die, then run out. The consecrate would grab the adds but he'd be out of range for their initial crazy damage.

Also - you could have a warrior tank the adds since they're stunnable, and he could just stand there and shockwave them and greatly reduce the damage he takes.

It seems that he can't look straight down (the position where you have your tanks as usually). It might be bugged but if you stack up the entire raid at that position you can simply zerg, without having to watch the eye beams at all.

(note that I didn't confirm this myself yet, it was apparantly done this way by another guild on our server)

worth noting if you are a warrior tank if you can get a charge off on the body............... the one time i did i fell to my death so a casual stroll up to his body is the much safer bet.

Quote Originally Posted by influxreptile View Post
    It seems that he can't look straight down (the position where you have your tanks as usually). It might be bugged but if you stack up the entire raid at that position you can simply zerg, without having to watch the eye beams at all.

(note that I didn't confirm this myself yet, it was apparantly done this way by another guild on our server)
    I can personally refute this. The eye beams seem to prefer ranged (Specifically our warlock...) but occasionally would target melee DPS, leading to an exciting moment of panic for all involved.

+ Reply to Thread