+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Kologarn

Ulduar Kologarn

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
    Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lore-s-ui.html
    Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Looks like a fun fight! Can't wait to get in there!
    Last edited by Mishap; 04-16-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Movie up!

I would be keen to know if anyone's raid has experienced the 'Squeezed Lifeless' ability.
    We are using the strategy mentioned in this video guide (running 10man atm), and the DPS on the arm goes fine, but for no apparant reason they will just get squeezed and instantly die.
    I can't find anywhere on the net that explains what triggers it. It just seems very inconsistent.
    So strange.....

Srs bsnss

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Movie up!
    Marry me?

Nice, this fight looks like something from God of War. Can't wait to give it a try!

/shakes fist at lack of server stability

I just want to say.. this boss doesn't act as a wall, for some reason i thought that last night, ran right up to him and off the edge and died lol.
    Your ad could be here.

What is the advantage, if any, of ignoring his left arm and DPS the boss instead?

Couple quick questions:

1. I was under the impression that the arms had more health (maybe only on 25 man) than they actually subtracted from the boss's HP. Something like 5M HP for the arms and it only took off 3.5M from the boss's HP?

2. If what I was working with is right in the first question, would it not make sense to just DPS the arm when someone is grabbed and then move back to Kologran?

These questions are more specific to the 25 man version.

It does seem like a very simple fight other wise.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Couple quick questions:

1. I was under the impression that the arms had more health (maybe only on 25 man) than they actually subtracted from the boss's HP. Something like 5M HP for the arms and it only took off 3.5M from the boss's HP?

2. If what I was working with is right in the first question, would it not make sense to just DPS the arm when someone is grabbed and then move back to Kologran?

These questions are more specific to the 25 man version.

It does seem like a very simple fight other wise.
    In 25man the arm grabs 3 people, not just 1. The people in his arm being squeezed take A LOT of damage. If some of these people are your healers you are probably not going to be able to save them when you consider reaction time.

The reason to DPS the arm all the time is as soon as players are grabbed you are applying damage to the limit to break them, therefore they break as fast as possible.

I didn't watch the video, but we killed him 25man last night dpsing the squeeze arm and the main body exclusively (and AoEing adds).

This is an honest question and I am not trying to be rude. Do servers with elite guilds such as your own get special treatment by Blizzard. It seems that all the top guilds are raiding with no server glitches, but other servers seem to lock up constantly.

My guild was doing 25 OS last night and the server crashed like every 15 minutes. I then went on an alt to do Scholomance and the same thing was happening. After my 10th Alt-F4 I called it a night.

I read the forums and lots of other servers are having the same problem.

Did your guild experience any server issues while running Ulduar?

Does anyone know if the tank can avoid the 25% armor debuff he places on them or how long its duration is? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by onyxtank View Post
    Yes every night so far we have been delayed 1-2 hours on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahira View Post
    Does anyone know if the tank can avoid the 25% armor debuff he places on them or how long its duration is? Thanks!
    If you do not have a tank on the boss in melee range he will breath the raid doing a lot of damage (and eventually killing you). The Debuff is directly in front of him and it IS AOE. Make sure your tanks switch and then the old one gets out from his face.

The debuff lasts like 30s, you should have no problems with 2 tanks rotating after 2 debuffs each. We were able to do the entire encounter with 2 tanks and managing the adds from killing the arm... 2 stacks are healable.

Sen'jin (Home of Premonition with a handful of world firsts) had a few hours of downtime.

Ensidia mentioned many hours of down time in their posts.

So no. Servers do not get special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by infinix View Post
    I would be keen to know if anyone's raid has experienced the 'Squeezed Lifeless' ability.
    We are using the strategy mentioned in this video guide (running 10man atm), and the DPS on the arm goes fine, but for no apparant reason they will just get squeezed and instantly die.
    I can't find anywhere on the net that explains what triggers it. It just seems very inconsistent.
    So strange.....
    Also curious about this, seems unlikely it is just a 10 second gib after people get grabbed if you don't do enough damage. The dps requirement doesn't seem like something we could have missed.

Is anyone else reminded of this fight for this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0MEYdeKqw]YouTube - Chrono Trigger Battle #16 - Giga Gaia[/ame]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Squeezed Lifeless happens if people are in the right arm for too long and not broken out. After like 15 or 20 seconds, they die instantly.
    DPS the arm to get them to be released. Haven't watched the video so I don't know the exact context of the other questions, but killing an arm lowers Kologarn's health.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by kazeyonoma View Post
    is anyone else reminded of this fight for this:
    best game ever chrono trigger > all
    The answer is user error

Quote Originally Posted by onyxtank View Post
    This is an honest question and I am not trying to be rude. Do servers with elite guilds such as your own get special treatment by Blizzard. It seems that all the top guilds are raiding with no server glitches, but other servers seem to lock up constantly.

My guild was doing 25 OS last night and the server crashed like every 15 minutes. I then went on an alt to do Scholomance and the same thing was happening. After my 10th Alt-F4 I called it a night.

I read the forums and lots of other servers are having the same problem.

Tuesday nothing worked, couldn't zone in forever and when we finally did the instance server crashed and alot of our toons were stuck in the Ulduar. Yesterday we couldn't zone in with a full raid. 20 manned flame Leviathan and sjust waited for people trying to zone in. When we got sick of that we decided to go to the new WG boss. After winning WG we couldn't zone into that either.

3.1 has been extremely frustrating, almost taking me to the point of wanting to quit.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by lubz View Post
    What is the advantage, if any, of ignoring his left arm and DPS the boss instead?
    You get fewer adds by ignoring his left arm. It's also less of a run for melee DPS :P
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

+ Reply to Thread