Thread: Flame Leviathan - Hard Mode

Flame Leviathan - Hard Mode

I've been trying to find out for sure how to activate the hard mode of this encounter. To do this encounter in hard mode, do you need to:

1. Leave the towers up?
    2. Destroy the towers?
    3. Leave the towers up but activate them?
    4. Activate the towers and destroy them?
    Thanks... sorry for the confusion.

After starting the event by talking to the Lore-Keeper of Norgannon, each tower you destroy on your way to Flame Leviathan makes him easier. True hard mode is leaving all four of the towers up.

There is speculation that starting the event by talking to Brann instead of the Lore Keeper NPC starts normal mode regardless of whether or not you destroy the towers, but I can't say for certain as my group didn't start the event that way.

EDIT: Cider's post is /thread.
    Last edited by Stompbox; 04-15-2009 at 12:49 PM.

We killed all 4 towers, and it was easy mode.

I'm pretty sure you have to leave them up for hard mode.

After talking to Norgannon, each tower you destroy on your way to Flame Leviathan makes him easier.

You can talk to Brann and ignore all the towers and get easy mode, or you can talk to Norgannon and destroy all the towers and get easy mode. You can only get hard mode by talking to Norgannon and leaving the towers up.

thank you for the quick replies... even got Cider to come out!

Well if strictly doing Easy Mode ala talking to Brann, I'm assuming we can just clear the center trash, and skip the 'wings' where the towers are located?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    After talking to Norgannon, each tower you destroy on your way to Flame Leviathan makes him easier.

You can talk to Brann and ignore all the towers and get easy mode, or you can talk to Norgannon and destroy all the towers and get easy mode. You can only get hard mode by talking to Norgannon and leaving the towers up.
    Wow, why have I not found this info till just now???? Ive been combing the interwebs for info on all the fights and this is the first time ive seen this about talking to brann.

We did this last night and I started it by talking to Brann, I thought we could leave a tower up and get that achieve, but when it died, we didnt get the achieve and the tower wasnt active. I was like WTF? Never mind the fact that FL is buggy as hell.

BTW, I was under the impression that he could only target siege engines?? Is this wrong? He kept chasing after the demolishers? I know I had read that hes supposed to target the siege engines.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Wow, why have I not found this info till just now???? Ive been combing the interwebs for info on all the fights and this is the first time ive seen this about talking to brann.

We did this last night and I started it by talking to Brann, I thought we could leave a tower up and get that achieve, but when it died, we didnt get the achieve and the tower wasnt active. I was like WTF? Never mind the fact that FL is buggy as hell.

BTW, I was under the impression that he could only target siege engines?? Is this wrong? He kept chasing after the demolishers? I know I had read that hes supposed to target the siege engines.
    It is currently not known whether Blizz meant for this to happen or not. In the PTR builds he could only target siege engines therefore the confusion. Hopefully we can expect a blue post for a clear answer.
    Daemonika|Death Knight|Fenris|Valkyr

Our other thread about FL bug has a few people cofirming that apparently it is working as intended. He can either target Demolisher's or Siege engines. Haven't seen any blizz confirmation of this yet though. But our future clears of this boss, will be under the assumption that he can target either and we will position our vehicles accordingly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello,
    I didn't understand something, to get the Hard mode loots in 10man, all 4 towers must be "alive" or is it ok if only 1 is still "alive"?

It works the same as Sarth + Drakes i believe.

If you leave 1 tower up you get some extra loot, if you leave 2, 3 , 4 up then you get extra loot depending on how many towers have been left up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post

Lore nerd alert:

It's the Lore Keeper of Norgannon, it's not Norgannon himself.

That is all.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Lore being a lore nerd... you dont say...

Quick tip (sorry if this is obvious). Intending to do hard-mode, someone accidentally talked to Brann, starting mandatory easy-mode. All NPCs then despawn, so there's nothing you can do at this point. But you're not saved, so...

We had an alt lvl 80 form a raid with some random lvl 1. He zoned in (NPCs are there of course), then invite the RL from the original raid who zoned in and reformed.

A soft reset would probably have done the trick as well, but we didn't want 25 ppl waiting for half an hour to see.

Just an additional note, if you are doing 10 man, activate the orbital defense system, and leave at least one tower up, you get Badges of Conquest instead of Badges of Valor. Not only that, you get TWO, not just one badge.

It's well worth the time, and it is NOT that much harder.

Any suggestions as to which tower to leave up? I don't really want to waste time on leviathon as we are learning YS but I wouldn't mind getting conquest badges.

We left the flame tower up. Shoots a beam at your vehicles and leaves a little flame trail. Wasn't too bad. The worst thing was when the people who got catapulted on FL got thrown off into it. Just bad luck. We still one shotted him, but it was close.